ADVERTISEMENT

Salem - 35 Christiansburg - 10 halftime

Shabutie

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2006
Spartans looking very good offensively.

One unfortunate thing is they lost FB Jayveon Jones to an ankle injury on the first drive of the game. He is now on crutches but hopefully it's not too bad... he has had a great season.

I'll add that QB Eli Taylor has played a fantastic game. I think his only incompletions so far have been on drops.

There is a level of polish I look for about now in the season and it can tell you whether Salem has true title potential or will falter and let me tell you, that polish is there. Taylor made some elite throws tonight (among them the under route to Garner and the touch pass to Allen) and Salem has a viable, threatening air game to go with the dangerous ground game. There's a lot of excellent teams between them and the title but man, they look tuned up right now.

Side note, Peyton Lewis and Chris Cole were both UnderArmour All-American picks and received their jerseys tonight. One hundred kids across 12,000+ schools are picked each year and our tiny school in Southwest Virginia has two of them.

Thought Defensive line looked a little suspect tonight. Gave up a lot of rushing yards. Other than that looked good. Need Jones back to make a run

Reactions: Kilroy25
There is a level of polish I look for about now in the season and it can tell you whether Salem has true title potential or will falter and let me tell you, that polish is there. Taylor made some elite throws tonight (among them the under route to Garner and the touch pass to Allen) and Salem has a viable, threatening air game to go with the dangerous ground game. There's a lot of excellent teams between them and the title but man, they look tuned up right now.

Side note, Peyton Lewis and Chris Cole were both UnderArmour All-American picks and received their jerseys tonight. One hundred kids across 12,000+ schools are picked each year and our tiny school in Southwest Virginia has two of them.
Agreed. I wanted to see at least one more game of balance offensively like I saw against CS. Salem had that game tonight against a better team. Of course, a lot can happen with injuries and such, but I’m on board now with this team being a serious threat to make it to Lynchburg. Taylor is playing with confidence and honestly, I’ve been super impressed with how on point he’s been post injury. Its really opened up the O and the playbook seems to be growing exponentially. Also, the Wildcat struck again…3 plays, 2tds (loved seeing Lewis hand it off to Persinger).

Reactions: mike salem

That throw and catch between Taylor and Allen is about as good as it gets at the high school level.

Also it's crazy to think that as good as Lewis and Cole are, Allen is right there with them.

He is the team's most valuable player, in my opinion.

Reactions: salemfan32
Also it's crazy to think that as good as Lewis and Cole are, Allen is right there with them.

He is the team's most valuable player, in my opinion.
Allen is a good ball player, but can’t cover in space which hurts him in todays college game. I do believe he would be a 3 or 4 star guy pls with his hands in the dirt. Just my opinion

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Allen is a good ball player, but can’t cover in space which hurts him in todays college game. I do believe he would be a 3 or 4 star guy pls with his hands in the dirt. Just my opinion
I disagree, he is fantastic in coverage.

Fake news
The
Fake news
[/QUOTE
Be honest with these you men. I thought the same thing about the twins. Look at their positions now. I knew that was their spot. Jalyen makes crushing tackles after the catch. At the higher level the catch is different on a 3 yard out. He can’t cover those, but he can put pressure on that QB to make a bad throw!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT