ADVERTISEMENT

Salem 35. Ec Glass 24

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Great game. Went back and forth. Salem jumped ahead 14. 0. Glass came back and was up 17. 14 at the half. Salem received the second half kickoff and on the first play of the second half Persinger goes 80 yards for a Td 21. 17. Salem. Glass goes down the field and scores 24. 21 Glass.
Salem runs kickoff back 96 yards 28 24 Salem.
Salem stops Glass inside own 20. After punt Salem goes 35 yards for another Td. 35. 24. Salem. Glass drives to the 4 but is stopped on 4th. Down . Salem gets ball on 4 with 6 minutes left and runs clock out driving to the 50.
Great game. Glass very big and very talented. Salem was able to run the ball between the tackles. If Salem is able to do that they are very dangerous. This allows them to control the game. I guess the big game changing play was the 96 yard kickoff return after Glass had retaken the lead. Glass was very explosive. They had a great year. Salem has continued to improve.The offensive line has come a long way since the beginning of the year.

Lol let me guess “home cooking”??? Glass was undisciplined and shot themselves in the foot many times, that’s not Salem’s fault... great sportsmanship from you guys tho! Waaay better than GW Danville

Welp, took longer than I thought for this to appear, kudos on the restraint.

Yes they did. Good learning experience for Glass. Need to play more at Salem.
Very good game. Big play after bb play
But hen you think about it, Glass hasn’t been penalized 17 times in a game all year. Crazy
A few if the holds were right in front of the white hat. He even told the player what he was doing. Those were drive killers.

I can assure you there were not 17 penalties.

I’m sure y’all can. Either way. The penalties were huge and killed Glass. They hadn’t given up big plays like that all year either. You guys run hard and block well as advertised. Not trying to discredit Salem at all. They earned the win.

@lyhsports I watched the game again, looks like there were 8 penalties (1 or 2 were declined on the opening PAT attempt) for a total of 55-57 yds)

-2 on opening PAT attempt, jumping the line, offsides (1 or both declined?)
-block in the back (10 yds)
-hold (10 yds)
-illegal procedure (5 yds)
----------------------------------- end of 1
(sideline warning) - no penalty
- block in the back (10 yds)
------------------------------------ half
- hold (10 yds)
- hold (10 yds)
------------------------------------- end of 3
No penalties in the 4th

Reactions: lyhsports
@lyhsports I watched the game again, looks like there were 8 penalties (1 or 2 were declined on the opening PAT attempt) for a total of 55-57 yds)

-2 on opening PAT attempt, jumping the line, offsides (1 or both declined?)
-block in the back (10 yds)
-hold (10 yds)
-illegal procedure (5 yds)
----------------------------------- end of 1
(sideline warning) - no penalty
- block in the back (10 yds)
------------------------------------ half
- hold (10 yds)
- hold (10 yds)
------------------------------------- end of 3
No penalties in the 4th
Thanks mike. I was misinformed

Reactions: mike salem
Salem was sometimes getting penetration which could have accounted for the three holding penalties.. Other times Salem was concerned with staying in their rush lanes trying to contain Glass QB. When Kendrick would start scrambling Salem would try to come off their blocks and at least one of the three holds took place. Salem had a very questionable call go against them that led to a Glass touchdown. Salem used a fake punt on their own 20. It looked like the punter had picked up the first down. The official trailing the play marked the ball about six inches short. Glass got the ball on Salems 30 and scored. Thought the official missed the spot by a yard.Official that marked it had a bad angle.

Salem was sometimes getting penetration which could have accounted for the three holding penalties.. Other times Salem was concerned with staying in their rush lanes trying to contain Glass QB. When Kendrick would start scrambling Salem would try to come off their blocks and at least one of the three holds took place. Salem had a very questionable call go against them that led to a Glass touchdown. Salem used a fake punt on their own 20. It looked like the punter had picked up the first down. The official trailing the play marked the ball about six inches short. Glass got the ball on Salems 30 and scored. Thought the official missed the spot by a yard.Official that marked it had a bad angle.
A great game by both teams. Calls were made on both sides, sportsmanship was outstanding, and the weather was great. Couldn’t ask for anything less. Had the chance to talk to some Glass fans in the parking lot after the game. Very great people.

A great game by both teams. Calls were made on both sides, sportsmanship was outstanding, and the weather was great. Couldn’t ask for anything less. Had the chance to talk to some Glass fans in the parking lot after the game. Very great people.
Amazing atmosphere for a great football game. Loved the tradition of the Salem program. Love the way you guys get behind your team!

Reactions: mike salem
“Salem is hard to beat in Salem”

More of a credit to the hostile environment visiting teams feel when playing here versus saying the stripes are apart of the team too. That diminishes the ability and hard work the kids put in to make it where they are for both teams. Occasionally Salem is the benefit of calls at Salem stadium but that happens at any level when being at home. The crowd forcing a false start is An example of how they can benefit. Nobody is claiming they were hosed but teams do play uncharacteristic at Salem and that’s a testament to the environment not the officials.

Sure did. Made Salem a better team. Tuscarora is a very good team too.

I can talk football with you because you’re rather rational in this response. I agree that loss was what Salem needed to jumpstart this run and Tusky is definitely qualified.

"The big game" Been in it 11 times in the last 23 seasons. Apparently not too big for the program to handle.

Cavaliers beat the Hokies yesterday history doesn’t have anything to do with the present. 2019 is what matters. Salem has had a remarkable run in the 2010s with 4(3?)Chips and playing in 5(4?) with a chance to add to it.

Last edited:
Salem never gets shaken. The players and coaches stick to the game plan and know that someone is gonna make a big play. Even at halftime when Salem was down the fans were happy go lucky like they knew they would win lol.

That's 6 Region D titles in the last 7 years now for Salem, that's a lot of 14+ game seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT