ADVERTISEMENT

Salem - 48 Franklin County - 0 4th Quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so everyone knows, I study how black qb’s are judged across America vs their white counterparts, and I will say this forum is terrible

From what I was told us Lewis had 4 straight carries 2 being sweeps. As a back you run min 15-20 yards before first contact. He ran two of those them off tackle. Why not have the Persinger kid spell him. He is more
@Kilroy25 they say Gideon got plays off and they used other RB’s to spell him. You reall don’t know the game and for sure never played the RB position. Gideon is a great talent, but his coach uses him well, because he knows the kid has a bright future
I played back when 2 a days started at 7am and went till 12, went home and came back at 5 and went till dark most days until school started and heat never really mattered. Things were different back then, now we can’t even give alittle critical talk about anyone because people seem to think it will break these kids. Like I said before, Lewis has been a different player since that game and I’m glad!! I’ll say it again, prove me wrong, you think I don’t want to see him succeed?? The problem with most of the logic on here is that since we disagree we can’t get along or have to be asses to each other(I’m guilty as well) Or we have to play the race card! You think I know nothing about the game, that’s you prerogative. But I will not get into a race bait bs discussion, your basing the Wilson unlove off of 1 person who said that the Dawyot kid that left Salem to go to Glenvar would have been the starting qb as a freshman, everyone else disagreed. I actually said on that very thread that Salem should have mixed it up passing and running, meaning use the qb!! I just don’t see where you get that no one likes the Wilson kid because of race??? That’s ridiculous

Last edited:
I am not trying to wreck this kid, but Wilson is listed as 6'2" 170 pounds (more like 150). He was not rated by any reputable service as a college prospect in high school and still is not. If you "study how black or white quarterbacks are evaluated" then you would know he meets very few norms for a division 1 QB. He doesn't even start at QB on his post graduate team.

@DUDLEY93, This seems to be a very personal matter for you and maybe even close to home. Not once has anyone directed any hate or malice towards Wilson and even though you proclaim it there has been no evidence to support it.

I am not trying to be mean, but you need to accept the fact that no D1 coach, black or white, is going to come calling for #10 to be a college quarterback. Dinwiddie's Harry Dalton ran for 1,996 and passed for 2, 006 last year. He is 6'0" 200 pounds and as much as we would love to see him play QB, he projects as a running back. His fellow Richmond Metro co-player of the year Khristian Martin who is 6'3" 220 has verbally committed to Maryland as a qb. Both are African American high school quarterbacks who won 2022 state championships. It's not the color of their skin it's their measurables. With limited scholarships and NIL guidelines coaches don't take chances. Again, I am just trying to be honest with you.

Just so everyone knows, I study how black qb’s are judged across America vs their white counterparts, and I will say this forum is terrible
You literally have no evidence of this happening in the scenario that you have been harping on.

It sounds like you are looking for things that aren't there and then inventing them in your mind to justify a preconceived notion that you have.

You talk about a Soph like this? This is why I say black qb’s deal with more criticism!
S
Shabutie
VaPreps Hall of Famer © O Gold Member
Apr 16, 2021
< • #2
The QB play has just been awful. Wide open receivers for touchdowns on nearly every play the pass the ball the last three weeks missed 90% of the time. Also, fumbling snaps and exchanges for turnovers over and over again. They have a young guy in their at QB at Logan is injured and unavailable this week but it simply has to get better.
• southbottomU

Yet the Wilson kid was a sophomore and not a junior. Yea it’s about race, and I see this all over the country.

You talk about a Soph like this? This is why I say black qb’s deal with more criticism!
S
Shabutie
Apr 16, 2021
< • #2
The QB play has just been awful. Wide open receivers for touchdowns on nearly every play the pass the ball the last three weeks missed 90% of the time. Also, fumbling snaps and exchanges for turnovers over and over again. They have a young guy in their at QB at Logan is injured and unavailable this week but it simply has to get better.
• southbottomU

Yet the Wilson kid was a sophomore and not a junior. Yea it’s about race, and I see this all over the country.
Man, I'm just going to be honest with you because I've been following this. If there's anyone that's been critical of anything borderline racist on this forum over the past year (?) it's been me. There's probably at least a few people here that remember it and can back me up on that. After thinking over the one or two questionable things that popped up for a good long while, I don't think it was meant how I initially thought it was, so I let it go. I'm aware of stuff like that and not afraid to call it out.

And I think you're off here. Not saying it doesn't happen elsewhere. I just don't think any of this has anything to do with race. I also personally know quite a few Salem fans. None of them are like that. They're genuinely good people, albeit a bit obnoxious at times when it comes to their football program.

Last edited:
S
Shabutie
Apr 16, 2021
< • #2
• southbottomU

That's not about race, that's about how a player is playing. I realize there is no intelligent discussion that can take place with individuals who have your attitude and world perspective. Basically it's just best to just say your full of s==t and then block you from any more discussions, So I will. So should everyone else. That way you are free to post but no one will read it or reply.
No one needs the cancerous bs that you are spewing.

Reactions: FoxesPride
From what I was told us Lewis had 4 straight carries 2 being sweeps. As a back you run min 15-20 yards before first contact. He ran two of those them off tackle. Why not have the Persinger kid spell him. He is more that capable.
This right here proves youre just trying to create a narrative from nothing. You wasn’t even at the game!! “From what I was told”!!
I’m gonna try to do better with respecting others opinion but I will not respect this race bait BS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT