ADVERTISEMENT

Salem 55 Pulaski County 6

1MoreHokie

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2005
Biggest MOV for either team in the history of the series. Salem seems about on schedule, rounding that mid-season turn and starting to tweak all the finer points as they move towards the postseason. Bye week next with a couple extra days tacked on for their Tuesday game against Franklin County followed by Cave Spring a few days later.

Biggest MOV for either team in the history of the series. Salem seems about on schedule, rounding that mid-season turn and starting to tweak all the finer points as they move towards the postseason. Bye week next with a couple extra days tacked on for their Tuesday game against Franklin County followed by Cave Spring a few days later.
Another victory for the Roanoke valley Spartans

• Haha
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Another victory for the Roanoke valley Spartans
Not a rivalry anymore. So why spew lies and misinformation? Take your butt kicking with some class and dream of years gone by when Pulaski was actually competitive.

Pulaski County lost. End of story. Salem came in and was obviously the better team tonight. No excuses needed. There are issues that need to be fixed. It will happen but it won't happen overnight. I've said it before and it still applies, the Cougars were young and inexperienced at the beginning of the season. Injuries to several key players have made the depth chart even thinner. Congratulations to Salem. Pulaski County will keep working and get better. Now is the time to let the players and coaches pull together. True fans will be there win or lose. The Cougars need to come in Monday ready to work and with a humble but positive attitude. Just keep moving forward, one step at a time.

GAME STORY

This outcome was not a surprise. The fact is Salem is Salem and PC is not that good. Coming into this game the teams PC beat were a combined 3-13 and the teams they lost to all had winning records. Same old song and dance. They will have a easy win next week against Bburg but dont be surprised if they lose the next 3. I know some will be butt hurt by what I say but it is what it is.

Pulaski County lost. End of story. Salem came in and was obviously the better team tonight. No excuses needed. There are issues that need to be fixed. It will happen but it won't happen overnight. I've said it before and it still applies, the Cougars were young and inexperienced at the beginning of the season. Injuries to several key players have made the depth chart even thinner. Congratulations to Salem. Pulaski County will keep working and get better. Now is the time to let the players and coaches pull together. True fans will be there win or lose. The Cougars need to come in Monday ready to work and with a humble but positive attitude. Just keep moving forward, one step at a time.

GAME STORY
I am not sure if your last couple of post are optimism, denial or just excuses. The fact is this is the least talented and athletic team PC has fielded in a long time. The next couple/few years will not be any better. IMO. I guess we will see which one of us is correct.

I am not sure if your last couple of post are optimism, denial or just excuses. The fact is this is the least talented and athletic team PC has fielded in a long time. The next couple/few years will not be any better. IMO. I guess we will see which one of us is correct.
I'm always optimistic. As for my previous comment, I'm not sure how it can be misunderstood.

"Pulaski County lost. End of story." Fact.

"Salem came in and was obviously the better team tonight. No excuses needed." Fact.

"There are issues that need to be fixed. It will happen but it won't happen overnight." Fact.

"I've said it before and it still applies, the Cougars were young and inexperienced at the beginning of the season. Injuries to several key players have made the depth chart even thinner." Fact.

Nobody likes to lose. This team is down right now due to injuries, youth and first year starters needing to gain more experience. This was the fifth or sixth different offensive line to start a game this season due to injuries. If Pulaski County can't find consistency on the offensive line, they will continue to have trouble running the ball.

The starting quarterback is out. The starting left tackle/defensive end is out. The starting center is out. Last night another lineman went down. I haven't heard if his injury is serious yet or not, but it was enough that he was taken out of the game in the first half. Another player went down with a possible tear in his shoulder. We'll have to wait to see how bad that is. At this point, the sideline looks like a triage unit.

The Cougars need to come to practice Monday understanding that they can't take anyone for granted. We're simply not good enough right now to do that. Everyone would have thought the Blacksburg game, with all of the troubles they're having, should be a cake walk. It won't be now. None of the games on the schedule will be easy now. That's a combination of us dealing with a very thin depth chart full of young players who are doing what they can, but still have a lot to learn, and a lineup that is constantly having to change to adjust to players being injured. Add to that the fact that Patrick Henry beat Hidden Valley soundly last night, Graham is either that good or Bluefield is dealing with some issues of their own (Graham beat them badly last night) and Christiansburg is much better and has beaten everyone they've played but Salem.

If the Cougars don't pull together and find some consistency, they could very well lose to a hungry and angry Blacksburg squad looking to shock the world and get their first win, then fall completely apart and finish the season 3-7. I hope that doesn't happen. If it does, I'll still be pulling for our kids though.

Reactions: Amgis
I'm always optimistic. As for my previous comment, I'm not sure how it can be misunderstood.

"Pulaski County lost. End of story." Fact.

"Salem came in and was obviously the better team tonight. No excuses needed." Fact.

"There are issues that need to be fixed. It will happen but it won't happen overnight." Fact.

"I've said it before and it still applies, the Cougars were young and inexperienced at the beginning of the season. Injuries to several key players have made the depth chart even thinner." Fact.

Nobody likes to lose. This team is down right now due to injuries, youth and first year starters needing to gain more experience. This was the fifth or sixth different offensive line to start a game this season due to injuries. If Pulaski County can't find consistency on the offensive line, they will continue to have trouble running the ball.

The starting quarterback is out. The starting left tackle/defensive end is out. The starting center is out. Last night another lineman went down. I haven't heard if his injury is serious yet or not, but it was enough that he was taken out of the game in the first half. Another player went down with a possible tear in his shoulder. We'll have to wait to see how bad that is. At this point, the sideline looks like a triage unit.

The Cougars need to come to practice Monday understanding that they can't take anyone for granted. We're simply not good enough right now to do that. Everyone would have thought the Blacksburg game, with all of the troubles they're having, should be a cake walk. It won't be now. None of the games on the schedule will be easy now. That's a combination of us dealing with a very thin depth chart full of young players who are doing what they can, but still have a lot to learn, and a lineup that is constantly having to change to adjust to players being injured. Add to that the fact that Patrick Henry beat Hidden Valley soundly last night, Graham is either that good or Bluefield is dealing with some issues of their own (Graham beat them badly last night) and Christiansburg is much better and has beaten everyone they've played but Salem.

If the Cougars don't pull together and find some consistency, they could very well lose to a hungry and angry Blacksburg squad looking to shock the world and get their first win, then fall completely apart and finish the season 3-7. I hope that doesn't happen. If it does, I'll still be pulling for our kids though.
No need to explain yourself to MeatHead08, he is clueless when it comes to football.

Salem won. End of story. Salem JV and V Dominated. We will see how the 8th grade game goes Thursday.

Pulaski fans are the kings of excuses...I work with a few and they have never been beaten by another team...it's either refs,their own coach(not saying Dixon just coaches over the years) blew the game...or "we have so many injuries"...every team has injuries deal with it

Just why I despise the cougars

Pulaski fans are the kings of excuses...I work with a few and they have never been beaten by another team...it's either refs,their own coach(not saying Dixon just coaches over the years) blew the game...or "we have so many injuries"...every team has injuries deal with it

Just why I despise the cougars
Your hate keeps me warm on cold winter nights.

Pointing out legitimate factors that led to a loss is not "making excuses." It's being honest.

I’ve seen it all on these boards. 1A board complaining about 10th graders playing JV and now a grown man is admitting to despising a high school program of kids…

Reactions: WP02alum
Your hate keeps me warm on cold winter nights.

Pointing out legitimate factors that led to a loss is not "making excuses." It's being honest.
So it's a fact when "refs screwed us" over and over and over?

Hogwash...you sound like the guys I work with...yes I despise Pulaski Co mainly because of their fan base and their excuses...yes excuses

If, in fact, the officials make a mistake, then yes, I write that the officials made a mistake. If they didn't, I don't write that.

In the James Wood game, the officials made a mistake. I wrote that. I also wrote that had we played better throughout the game, that one mistake by the officials wouldn't have mattered.

In the Hidden Valley and Salem games, the officials had no real impact on the game. Other factors, including our team not playing well enough and the other team playing well, along with injuries to several of our key starters, were the issues. I wrote that.

Facts are funny things sometimes like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
So do you go back and watch film to determine if a ref made a ball call against the mighty cougars? I'm betting you like alot of fans do ..but slowing it down compared to live game speed is a little different isn't it? Lol

Write what you feel you need too...but refs are gonna make bad calls against both teams and I'm almost sure one call never cost any team a win

Pulaski is young and have hired a very good coach. Its just a matter of time before they are back to their winning ways.

Reactions: WP02alum
Eh, I understand the frustration with the JW call. Sideline infraction without a warning is highly unusual (although they don't owe anyone the warning, I believe) and at that late point in the game?

But the best gameplan is always to never be in the position where such a call can influence the game so heavily.

Reactions: Cougardave
So do you go back and watch film to determine if a ref made a ball call against the mighty cougars? I'm betting you like alot of fans do ..but slowing it down compared to live game speed is a little different isn't it? Lol

Write what you feel you need too...but refs are gonna make bad calls against both teams and I'm almost sure one call never cost any team a win
Actually I'm right there on the sideline when it happens, but yes, I also reviewed the film to make sure what I saw with my eyes was correct. The official in question never threw a flag before that one for an incident. He told the coaches to get back a few times and they said yes sir and got back. Standard procedure is if the coaches get out of hand, you flag them to make sure they understand you're serious. The next one costs yardage. The coach in question on that particular play never touched anyone or made contact with anyone, player or official, at any time during any play. It's my job to write the facts. Been doing it a while now. Looks like I'll still be doing it for a while too. And yes, refs are going to make bad calls. It's a part of the game. This time is hurt more than normal for Pulaski County. They'll be back. I'll still be there.

Actually I'm right there on the sideline when it happens, but yes, I also reviewed the film to make sure what I saw with my eyes was correct. The official in question never threw a flag before that one for an incident. He told the coaches to get back a few times and they said yes sir and got back. Standard procedure is if the coaches get out of hand, you flag them to make sure they understand you're serious. The next one costs yardage. The coach in question on that particular play never touched anyone or made contact with anyone, player or official, at any time during any play. It's my job to write the facts. Been doing it a while now. Looks like I'll still be doing it for a while too. And yes, refs are going to make bad calls. It's a part of the game. This time is hurt more than normal for Pulaski County. They'll be back. I'll still be there.
Ok whatever you say...not like you are biased or anything...just hope the refs don't cheat you this week like the last 100 losses you have had according to some of your fans

Ok whatever you say...not like you are biased or anything...just hope the refs don't cheat you this week like the last 100 losses you have had according to some of your fans
I am a Pulaski County fan and no, I won't apologize for that. Seems to me that the only one here who is throwing any unnecessary shade on anyone is you. I'm guessing that chip on your shoulder is tough to live with most of the time. Best of luck with that.

I have noticed a weird trend the last year or so with coaches on the field so much it looks like a scrimmage. They need to flag that more. From the opening kickoff.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
I have noticed a weird trend the last year or so with coaches on the field so much it looks like a scrimmage. They need to flag that more. From the opening kickoff.
I can't disagree with that. I've seen it for a while now from a lot of teams. Some coaches go almost all the way down to the endzone, outside of the box and then also out on the field. You have to set that or any other standard and keep it throughout the entire contest and season. I've always said if something is or isn't a penalty in the first quarter, it should or shouldn't be a penalty in the fourth quarter either. Most coaches seem to agree that all they really ask for is consistency from officials. Most of the time they are, but just like with anything else we always hear more about it when they aren't.

I am a Pulaski County fan and no, I won't apologize for that. Seems to me that the only one here who is throwing any unnecessary shade on anyone is you. I'm guessing that chip on your shoulder is tough to live with most of the time. Best of luck with that.
Chip on my shoulder? Haha nice try

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT