ADVERTISEMENT

Salem 56 Blacksburg 10

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
lose 17 starters from last year but the beat goes on. Coach Mags now 127-20 in his 12th season since taking over the Salem program from coaching legend Willis White

Last edited:
I love the focus being elsewhere. There's a lot to be said about the coaching job this year after losing not only the quantity of starters but the quality(multiple FBS and FCS players) to have this team rounding the mid-season post and showing noticeable improvements week by week. Every time things are a little cleaner, a little tighter than they were the week before. Last year Salem was in playoff form from the get-go, that team was primed but this year was totally different and it's been great to see the team continue to improve. There's still things to fix to be sure but I think their best ball is still ahead of them and that's a good sign.

Great showing from both sides of the ball tonight. Effective passing, tough running, and minus one lapse the first drive the D totally dominated Blacksburg's new high-powered O. Blacksburg must have lost 70-80 yards to sacks, TFLs, and other negative yardage plays.

Can it be that Salem is actually under the radar this year------wow strange but I think true

Times article was strangely worded and said -75 total yards for Blacksburg but I have to think that's their rushing total. I would guess they probably went for about 200 in the air give or take, on 19 of 44 passing. Will have to check out the box score in the paper tomorrow.

Who has Salem ranked #2? Virginia Preps or another source?

Preps does although I'd like to know if Rod ranked Salem off talking to people and realizing that they lost 18 starters but could be extremely good again or if he ranked them off Salem being Salem and ending last year ranked #2.

Rod, if you genuinely saw a similar product being put on the field after Salem lost that much then you're a far wiser man than myself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT