ADVERTISEMENT

Salem/Albermarle Scrimmage

Shabutie

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2006
Well, not too much to say on this one. Salem probably had twice as many TDs as Abermarle had first downs for the scrimmage. If memory serves the Salem starters outscored Albermarle 8 TDs to 0.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Well, not too much to say on this one. Salem probably had twice as many TDs as Abermarle had first downs for the scrimmage. If memory serves the Salem starters outscored Albermarle 8 TDs to 0.
A lot of what we already knew. Salem has a crazy amount of speed. Explosive players for Salem everywhere and I'm not talking just about Peyton Lewis.

A lot of what we already knew. Salem has a crazy amount of speed. Explosive players for Salem everywhere and I'm not talking just about Peyton Lewis.
However, still not sure the real question has been answered----how good are the offensive and defensive lines

However, still not sure the real question has been answered----how good are the offensive and defensive lines
They are improved, but we need to see a tougher opponent to verify. Brookville is usually a good litmus test. Albemarle might be good for 7 regular season wins, but the JD is really weak. Brookville is usually good for 7 or 8 wins, but the SD is a much better district. For a better comparison, if Albemarle were in the RRD, they would probably be a 5 or 6 win team. Brookville, on the other hand, would probably win 9 with their OOD & playing in the RRD.

I am actually really surprised at how good the OL looked run blocking. From a timing, quickness, technique standpoint they looked really good for this point in the season.

The defensive line was very good against the run but struggled a bit more rushing the passer. That being said Peyton Lewis looks like he is playing some DE this year (I really like this move btw) and I would imagine that they would use him a lot in pass rushing situations. Also, #18 Worme was hurt and didn't play and he was a pretty good edge guy that played a lot last year.

I really like the look and potential of this team though. It will be very hard to pass or run wide against them. The biggest question will be defending teams that run right at them, which Brookville, LCA and Franklin County will all do A LOT OF these next three weeks.

Reactions: mike salem
Yeah Coen Logan had two long TD catches and so did Persinger. Then Jaelyn Allen (should have a massive year at TE) and Garner each had one as well. That isn't even mentioning other extremely talented guys like Moyer and Cole.

Woody Hayes was often quoted as saying "only three things can happen when you pass (a completion, an incompletion, and an interception) and two of them are bad."

Reactions: wolverinedad2018
Woody Hayes was often quoted as saying "only three things can happen when you pass (a completion, an incompletion, and an interception) and two of them are bad."

I mean, Hayes' entire career ended because he couldn't handle an INT, probably not the best well to draw from on the topic of passing.

This may be one of the worst years in the Jefferson in a while, and that's pretty bad. I agree with Mike, Albemarle will probably go 7-3 and finish second in the district...
They are quite a great sports school in Class 5 overall. Compete on the state level in multiple sports. Just not in football.

Against better competition, the qb’s passes would have been picked, too many under thrown passes and lame duck floater throws. Was pleasantly surprised at the run game, Jones is running the ball harder this year!! Albemarle isn’t that good, so it really hard to tell at this point..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT