ADVERTISEMENT

Salem balanced attack.

I got to check the team out last night. Tucker is a VERY good player. He has a chance to break some receiving records before he even gets to his senior year. Alex Ramsey has it all and is very fun to watch. His brother Deangelo is one of the best players on the defense already.

The offense and defensive lines have to improve a lot to have a chance to go far this year. I agree with Mag about the execution and up front, they were even with Byrd at best. I heard the OL is missing some guys so I think they will be able to turn things around. The defensive ends are very good but the interior guys have to be more disruptive consistently. I thought the LBs played pretty well, especially Fox.

Beckley was very accurate throwing the ball and he has some of the best ball handling and footwork I have seen at the high school level. The only glaring mistake I saw was not seeing a wide open Tucker (20 yards behind everyone) in the second half. The tight end made some good plays in the passing game as well.

Reactions: 1MoreHokie
Agreed , overall improvement , new guys upfront , Beckley gaining confidence , some improvement on defense but still needs work .

I got to check the team out last night. Tucker is a VERY good player. He has a chance to break some receiving records before he even gets to his senior year. Alex Ramsey has it all and is very fun to watch. His brother Deangelo is one of the best players on the defense already.

The offense and defensive lines have to improve a lot to have a chance to go far this year. I agree with Mag about the execution and up front, they were even with Byrd at best. I heard the OL is missing some guys so I think they will be able to turn things around. The defensive ends are very good but the interior guys have to be more disruptive consistently. I thought the LBs played pretty well, especially Fox.

Beckley was very accurate throwing the ball and he has some of the best ball handling and footwork I have seen at the high school level. The only glaring mistake I saw was not seeing a wide open Tucker (20 yards behind everyone) in the second half. The tight end made some good plays in the passing game as well.
Barnette RG should be out 3 more games. Last night they lost #71 Cummings DT for the year with a torn ACL/MCL.

Beckley missed Tucker on that play, he took off and ran it for about 20 yards before a hold brought it back. I think Beckley will do well as long as the play calling has them pass some on 1st & 2nd down like they did last night. Great job of mixing it up finishing with 239 on the ground and 243 through the air.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT