ADVERTISEMENT

Salem game with Carroll County has now been cancelled

Can you walk me through how playing a game on Saturday after a Monday contest is only two days of practice?

Cause most teams give players 2 days off after a game to recoup(as i said before)...that would be tues and wed.....practice 2 days(thur and Fri) and play saturday....that's how

Given the concern for child safety and the need to get the games in, why couldn't Carroll County play host to Salem on Monday night then Blacksburg host Salem on Saturday.

Is that impossible?

How about you go read other threads here where this is explained? If you still have questions I'm sure you can find the e-mail or phone number for CC's AD.

Cause most teams give players 2 days off after a game to recoup(as i said before)...that would be tues and wed.....practice 2 days(thur and Fri) and play saturday....that's how

Haven't known of one team in the state who gives their players two days off to recoup after a game.

Did not realize that the East and the West were THAT different in their approaches. Thanks for the info.

Good thing that you guys don't share stadiums like the Hampton and Newport News teams where Thursday and Saturday games are just as common as Friday night contests. Those coaches routinely handle four- and five-day weeks without injury issues.

I have never heard of two days off after a game except , for the Saturday morning after a Friday game is usually about 3 hours of film, but no contact. Sunday practices are not allowed by the school system in our area. I guess you consider that two days off without contact, but the one day is learning from mistakes , by watching your performance.

Haven't known of one team in the state who gives their players two days off to recoup after a game.

Did not realize that the East and the West were THAT different in their approaches. Thanks for the info.

Good thing that you guys don't share stadiums like the Hampton and Newport News teams where Thursday and Saturday games are just as common as Friday night contests. Those coaches routinely handle four- and five-day weeks without injury issues.

Well Giles gives their players 2 days off(usually sat and sun) if games are on Friday to give them time to recoup a little from the game...when games are as screwed up as this they may not I don't know for sure.

Sorry we all don't do things like the East teams do

And I'm also glad we don't have to share a field with anyone...and I guess those east coaches just know more than the west guys huh?

Clarke County does film review with players on Monday, as Clarke players have Saturday and Sunday off after a Friday night game. Probably more common than you believe.

Reactions: close2salem
Clarke County does film review with players on Monday, as Clarke players have Saturday and Sunday off after a Friday night game. Probably more common than you believe.

With a game on Monday night and the next one scheduled on Saturday, where would there be strain in this schedule...

Tuesday - Film, light walk through, indy drills, no contact
Wednesday - Offense
Thursday - Defense
Friday - walk through, final prep, no contact

At this point in the season, most coaches are going light on contact anyway and working more on the mental aspects of the game during the week.

In what ways is that not "sensable" (sic)?

With a game on Monday night and the next one scheduled on Saturday, where would there be strain in this schedule...

Tuesday - Film, light walk through, indy drills, no contact
Wednesday - Offense
Thursday - Defense
Friday - walk through, final prep, no contact

At this point in the season, most coaches are going light on contact anyway and working more on the mental aspects of the game during the week.

In what ways is that not "sensable" (sic)?
Looks sensible to me, i have seen it before.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Not only sensible, it's ordinary and normal.

FYI, this is the schedule Dinwiddie and Thomas Dale quickly agreed to.

Doesn't matter to me, just a surprising fact.

Nah, there are some exceptional coaches in every part of the state.
Games get postponed and rescheduled. It happens. Sure it is going to take every team involved out of their normal routine. Coaches just adjust their practice and prep as best they can. I'm pretty sure most of these kids would rather play a game than go to practice, so a short practice week doesn't bother them at all.

You all should still read the other thread since there's clearly a mass of confusion and passive-aggressive blame being laid at Salem's feet for not playing when they clearly wanted to do so. CC is at fault, not Salem.

If a team plays on Saturday, at least the ones I'm familiar with, they watch film on Monday with possibly a light practice. I would guess, if it was Monday then Friday they would either watch film on Tuesday or go super light (Formations, walk through, special teams).

You all should still read the other thread since there's clearly a mass of confusion and passive-aggressive blame being laid at Salem's feet for not playing when they clearly wanted to do so. CC is at fault, not Salem.

And here is where Salem fans start feeling attacked. No one is blaming Salem I recall someone saying its CC fault and me saying CC should be ashamed of themselves. I think I am the only one that questioned who was at fault.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
No one was going to play on Saturday in Salem because the worst flooding was predicted to occur on Saturday. There was an article in the paper, which I cannot seem to find now, specifying all the reasons why logistically, a second reschedule would not work.

No one was going to play on Saturday in Salem because the worst flooding was predicted to occur on Saturday. There was an article in the paper, which I cannot seem to find now, specifying all the reasons why logistically, a second reschedule would not work.

The Saturday in question is not from this past weekend.

The issue at hand was playing at Carroll County tonight then moving the Blacksburg game to Saturday.

Yes, I realize that Salem had little to no input into the decision.

Reactions: hamspear
Think biggest thing is cc doesn't want to to play salem. Seems to me when the realignment was done CC was happy bout being placed in RRD.
I'm not sure about Carroll County ever wanting to be in the RRD, in football especially they're 0-15 so far. Might have wanted it for other sports I'm not sure. With mixed districts being a possibility they would have been better suited in a smaller district closer to home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT