ADVERTISEMENT

Salem/Martinsburg

Absolutely no chatter about the biggest game in the state on Friday night.
I don't think anyone knows what exactly to expect. Martinsburg had an amazing team 2 years ago when they beat the Spartans handily. Not a whole lot of guys left that played major roles in that game. Salem had a much better 2020 team that could have offered up a more competitive game, but the game didn't happen. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I don't think anyone knows what exactly to expect. Martinsburg had an amazing team 2 years ago when they beat the Spartans handily. Not a whole lot of guys left that played major roles in that game. Salem had a much better 2020 team that could have offered up a more competitive game, but the game didn't happen. It will be interesting to see what happens.
This was the hardest game for me to pick this week, but its hard to bet against Salem. I love to see our schools take a challenge with strong unfamiliar opponents. Three big OOS games for VA publics this year, with the opponents getting stronger and stronger. No pressure Salem, just play Spartans football and represent VA.

A Great game to start the season. Hoping for a competitive & well played game. If the pre season scrimmage games are any indication, Martinsburg looks to be in mid season form and that does not bode well for Salem. Once again Martinsburg will prevail.

Not sure what to expect. Salem certainly looked good on Friday. Magna Vista had size on the lines and in the backfield but couldn't put anything together on the field. It's encouraging that Salem's QB looked capable throwing and running in the benefit game. The change in the defensive coaching staff didn't seem to be much of an issue. Having two outstanding defensive tackles definitely helps.

Reactions: Realtalk78
Me and pops are going to try and go to this game, it will be the closet to seeing martinsburg play since we are 1 hr away from salem, hoping for a good football game, rhs is our local team and they will demolish there opponent this week, so I said let's go see 2 great teams play, what time will the gates open and will they let u bring snacks or drinks in, I know they strip search you for the championship games played there, did not know if regular season games were different, thanks

Me and pops are going to try and go to this game, it will be the closet to seeing martinsburg play since we are 1 hr away from salem, hoping for a good football game, rhs is our local team and they will demolish there opponent this week, so I said let's go see 2 great teams play, what time will the gates open and will they let u bring snacks or drinks in, I know they strip search you for the championship games played there, did not know if regular season games were different, thanks
Strip search 😵‍💫🥴

From my experiences at Salem Stadium, I’ve brought in Cheerwine and gummy worms before but that’s ONLY because they don’t sell that at the stadium. They have real good popcorn and the kettle corn is to die for (the vendor wasn’t there for the GW game in April so I was disappointed). Salem’s concession prices are a little higher than most high schools but still not bad.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Gates open at 6:00pm I don't think you can bring in outside food or drinks.

Reactions: Realtalk78
A Great game to start the season. Hoping for a competitive & well played game. If the pre season scrimmage games are any indication, Martinsburg looks to be in mid season form and that does not bode well for Salem. Once again Martinsburg will prevail.
I would not put too much into the scrimmages vs Massaponax and John Champe. Just like I don't put much into the MV benefit game. Nobody is in midseason form at this point. I know Salem wont hit their stride till about week 10

Maybe they will. Looks like both teams have had to replace a lot of key players from last season.

Strip search 😵‍💫🥴

From my experiences at Salem Stadium, I’ve brought in Cheerwine and gummy worms before but that’s ONLY because they don’t sell that at the stadium. They have real good popcorn and the kettle corn is to die for (the vendor wasn’t there for the GW game in April so I was disappointed). Salem’s concession prices are a little higher than most high schools but still not bad.
LOVE ME SOME CHEERWINE!!!!!

You might want to hit up Mac and Bobs restaurant before the game. It is a sports bar with a very good vibe and hometown feel even if you are not a Salem fan.

You might want to hit up Mac and Bobs restaurant before the game. It is a sports bar with a very good vibe and hometown feel even if you are
You might want to hit up Mac and Bobs restaurant before the game. It is a sports bar with a very good vibe and hometown feel even if you are not a Salem fan.
How far is mac and bobs from salem stadium, ain't there a italian restaurant right below Krogers that is only like 5 minutes from stadium, will have to get there early cause salem redsox plays home as well

Keep an eye on Martinsburg's Braxton Todd. LB/RB runs a 4.59 40. Really good at shooting the gap and making tackles. He also was able to get some good runs last season with limited carriers. Hudson Clement is also a ball hawk on defense. Will probably be the number one target for the QB on offense. Very good down field blocker as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT