ADVERTISEMENT

Salem overcomes injuries

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Fox only played on defense and didn't even field punts. What a lot of people didn't know was that Couling hurt his thumb on his throwing hand during practice this week. He was obviously struggling some in warmups--but toughed it out. Clayburn did a great job replacing fox as tailback and Ramsey is a beast (He has got to be getting some looks from D1 Schools that use a fullback). Defense stepped up and did a great job limiting Liberty. Hopefully Salem will be completely healthy next week.

I believe a lot of posters thought Salem would struggle because they had not seen anyone as physical or a big as Liberty. They were a good football team. However, don't think they had seen anyone like Salem.

Also considering the weather fairly good crowd. I hope the Salem Nation shows up in force in Lynchburg next Saturday. These kids deserve all the support we can give them.

Liberty is a team that will give up too. I'm sure Liberty gave up once Salem went up a couple scores. Good luck to Salem next week I definitely will be in attendance.

They had won every game but one up until today and they one that they lost was very close-----so don't really know if what you said is true or not. I did not think they gave up at all today. They just got beat by an obviously better team. A team that was fighting through adversity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT