ADVERTISEMENT

Salem schedule 2023

It looks like Glenvar's backup QB, who'll be a junior in 2023, has transferred to Salem.

Twitter page shows this

eli taylor

C/O 2025 QB Salem High school (Salem,VA) 4.0 GPA 6’0” 170 lbs

It looks like Glenvar's backup QB, who'll be a junior in 2023, has transferred to Salem.
He is an awesome kid and fantastic student. I also think he will be an excellent QB for Salem. He actually started a few games as a freshman and did well when the senior QB was out with injury. Eli was going to be the starter last year as a sophomore, but got hurt early on and missed some games. Then Dawyot came in and put up big numbers, so it was hard for him to battle back by season's end. He's got a good arm and a great football IQ, so he should fit right in at Salem.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I don’t know if I agree with you. The kid from LCA was impressive when I saw him, but I don’t believe he is the same class as the kid from Salem. Maybe the one game I saw him in was an off night for him.
Davidson had a much better 2nd half against Heritage IIRC. IDK how many yards he had overall, but he's a very good back. I would say they're 2 of the best RB in the state. They are probably 2 of the most recruited in the state as well. (IDK if they're THE 2 best in the state, but they're certainly in the conversation) Might be some scouts there for a few teams that are on the fence about which to offer.

Reactions: VolNation85
I don’t know if I agree with you. The kid from LCA was impressive when I saw him, but I don’t believe he is the same class as the kid from Salem. Maybe the one game I saw him in was an off night for him.
I agree. Lewis from Salem and Hiter from Louisa are the 2 best RBs in the state.

Reactions: dblplaa
That's saying something. I noticed one site had the young man from LCA #1 RB in the country for '25. Of course, it's still early and he's had an eval which helps.

Last edited:
Davidson is a legit back. If I’m not mistaken, he plays both ways more than the other two. I think he looks even better at the defensive side of the ball at safety.
I agree! I honestly think he's going to end up on the defensive side of the ball in college. His change of direction and hip flexibility have to improve a lot for him to be an elite RB at the Power 5 level but he could contribute right now as a safety.

Hiter and Lewis played both ways as well. Hiter played both sides all year and Lewis played LB most of the season but didn't as much in the playoffs.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
He is an awesome kid and fantastic student. I also think he will be an excellent QB for Salem. He actually started a few games as a freshman and did well when the senior QB was out with injury. Eli was going to be the starter last year as a sophomore, but got hurt early on and missed some games. Then Dawyot came in and put up big numbers, so it was hard for him to battle back by season's end. He's got a good arm and a great football IQ, so he should fit right in at Salem.
Heard this week Dawyot was going to transfer back to Salem. May not be the case now.

Reactions: Shsfan12
Davidson is a legit back. If I’m not mistaken, he plays both ways more than the other two. I think he looks even better at the defensive side of the ball at safety.

Lewis is a good LB, great nose for the ball and ungodly get-back speed. Terrific skillset to use as a spy on a dual-threat QB. Fleming was punching Salem in the mouth last year early with a running QB and they put Lewis (then a sophomore) as a spy and that QB ceased to be able to run the ball.

Reactions: lyhsports
Lewis is a good LB, great nose for the ball and ungodly get-back speed. Terrific skillset to use as a spy on a dual-threat QB. Fleming was punching Salem in the mouth last year early with a running QB and they put Lewis (then a sophomore) as a spy and that QB ceased to be able to run the ball.
Does Lewis play both ways every game?

Does Lewis play both ways every game?

Yes. Only reason he didn't in the POs is because he tweaked his shoulder late in the regular season and I think they made the call that it's better to have him on offense than risk losing him entirely by playing him more.

Reactions: lyhsports
If Brody comes to Salem that would be massive..was this from a good source?
Wasn't from him directly. From a classmate. His brother won a championship in basketball at Cave Spring. Sister won 1 or 2 at Glenvar in volleyball. Back to Salem when they need a QB wouldn't surprise me but who knows.

They actually put him at DE that game and essentially let him spy from there. Would love to see him rush more this year but he is also very good in coverage. Kind of like the situation the Cowboys have with Parsons where he is so good at both.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT