ADVERTISEMENT

Salem scrimmage against Brookville coming up

@VolNation85 the scrimmage is at Salem.

Louisa beat Brookville both in 7 on 7s and 11 on 11 scrimmages in shoulder pads at Ferrum. Brookville is enormous up front, especially #66, and also quick and strong. The new QB Zack Mann is a big, dual threat gamer, in a long line of good Brookville QBs. As usual they have good receivers, including senior Liberty U commit Micah Glaize. It should be a good test for the younger Spartans.

Spoke with Coach Jon Meeks of Brookville earlier this week. He really likes this team, and despite the loss of Tanner Bernard at QB, they have a lot of good pieces in place. Both Glaize (Liberty bound) and Brown back at WR, plus an ODU commit on the d-line in Elonte Jones.

Salem should be strong as usual. Haven't caught up with Coach Mags yet (still efforting on that front), but figure they will test Brookville as much as just about anyone physically.

Wish I could see that matchup, especially if Jones and Salem's Avery Close get matched up 1-on-1. Hoping I'll be able to get some footage of it from someone.

I always look forward to this scrimmage !! If you can hang with Salem u can hang with anybody !! It’s my Sons senior year B Brown they have the best group of receivers in the state just my opinion they have three guys get hurt you ! Looking forward to this year ! If we can just get decent QB play he hasn’t played that position in two years I like are chances !!

Brookville is loaded at receiver this year! Looking forward to seeing them play. Im Sure Brendon, Glaize and Thompson will have a big year for the Bees!

Reactions: HokieTDTech
Yes sir !! Keeping my fingers crossed !! Going to be another dog fight in the Seminole again !! Best district around !

Reactions: lyhsports
I would like to meet you before the scrimmage @HokieTDTech and any other fans. I should be there around 5 hopefully, and I'll be sitting on the right side of the Salem stands around the 25 yard line. When you walk up the ramp the handicap seating is right as you come to the top on the left side where the rail is. I'll be in the blue powerchair. Look forward to it.

Reactions: HokieTDTech
Salem will be super vanilla in scrimmage. Will work on interior running and run stop. Will develop other stuff later. Salem's scrimmages are no indication of what Salem will be like later in the year. It's all part of the process.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT