ADVERTISEMENT

Salem v B-Burg has been postponed

This isnt in the hands of the coaching staff or kids . And the only thing chicken chit here is your comment, Salem has been on the Blacksburg schedule since 1977 . We don't fear you , only respect the Salem program , While we arn't having the best of seasons and may lose badly , these kids especially the seniors deserved to play their 10 games as well as the kids on the teams on our schedule . Onward Bruins

This isnt in the hands of the coaching staff or kids . And the only thing chicken chit here is your comment, Salem has been on the Blacksburg schedule since 1977 . We don't fear you , only respect the Salem program , While we arn't having the best of seasons and may lose badly , these kids especially the seniors deserved to play their 10 games as well as the kids on the teams on our schedule . Onward Bruins
Why are we not playing?

I'm not a Salem fan man

Then why not cancel the volleyball games against PC and PH this week? If it safety concerns because of COVID then you would think all sporting events would be postponed. Surely a volleyball player would have been “exposed” to a football player during the last week.

If schools are doing it correctly, then only students in their own sport would have to qualify. A football player wouldn't necessarily be a close contact of a volleyball player. The key for the school day is: are the kids in close contact (within 3 feet for 15 minutes in a 24 hour period), are they wearing masks correctly, are they vaccinated. Most of the quarantines of students have to deal with close contacts in sports, gyms, and lunches when students might be closer and unmasked.

amen

If schools are doing it correctly, then only students in their own sport would have to qualify. A football player wouldn't necessarily be a close contact of a volleyball player. The key for the school day is: are the kids in close contact (within 3 feet for 15 minutes in a 24 hour period), are they wearing masks correctly, are they vaccinated. Most of the quarantines of students have to deal with close contacts in sports, gyms, and lunches when students might be closer and unmasked.

I agree with that. I'm guessing since football was cancelled, all 7 positive test this week must have been from football.

I’ve been hearing that a lot of the starters on the football team got suspended. Something about a volleyball game.

This game should not be played at all. It would be a massacre IMO. I understand that Bburg parents want to see little Johnny playing but the reality is Bburg will not win a game this year. This program is on a free fall. There is no fun for kids in getting beat week after week. IN MY OPINION.

Did they get Covid from the Volleyball Game?
ha ha no. After the Bburg/Salem vball game some Bburg football players were driving carelessly around/ in front of the Salem bus. This coming from someone ON the bus. Guess they were turned in and disciplined by administration. COVID was just the excuse given. IMO

ha ha no. After the Bburg/Salem vball game some Bburg football players were driving carelessly around/ in front of the Salem bus. This coming from someone ON the bus. Guess they were turned in and disciplined by administration. COVID was just the excuse given. IMO
Nice to see that there is zero tolerance for stupidity and the admin finally has the guts to discipline kids when they misbehave. Hope it's contagious.

Reactions: WP02alum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT