ADVERTISEMENT

Salem vs. EC Glass

Who wins and why?

• Salem Spartans

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • EC Glass

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
I am looking forward to watching this Salem/Glass matchup. I think it is right up there with Phoebus/Lake Taylor in terms of anticipation. It is. A great time of year.
The winner of this game will probably play in the Final. Phoebus is on a roll this yr. Im definitely going to watch that game too.

Reactions: Kenneth Harris
Unfortunately complaints about officiating has been around for decades. It is unavoidable. Glass and Salem should present a good game. Salem has history on their side but Glass has shown they can get it done.
The worst officiated game that I have ever seen that also is potentially going to cost Salem's second best player to not play tomorrow is a pretty big deal. I am probably going to post some of the plays because no team should ever be subject to anything like this again. Action should 100% be taken after this.

As for tomorrow, Salem's history is meaningless but I am hoping for a great game between two great teams.

The winner of this game will probably play in the Final. Phoebus is on a roll this yr. Im definitely going to watch that game too
The worst officiated game that I have ever seen that also is potentially going to cost Salem's second best player to not play tomorrow is a pretty big deal. I am probably going to post some of the plays because no team should ever be subject to anything like this again. Action should 100% be taken after this.

As for tomorrow, Salem's history is meaningless but I am hoping for a great game between two great teams.
If the past is any indication no action will be taken.

Reactions: Gen54
The only reason I used 40 is because Salem gave up 37 to a team that is not as good as Glass with a total of 91 points scored. But it is possible the offenses get canceled out.
In the 2nd half, literally, 2 touchdowns were gift wrapped for Louisa by the officiating, worst case of one sided officiating I’ve ever seen. Sad thing is, from what I understand, all the officials on the field are white caps in the regular season..

I think this game is going to be decided in how well or bad Salem’s secondary plays, Salem puts no pressure on qb’s and Glass’s qb is very good and will pick you apart, Salem’s secondary is going to have to play smart(no blown coverages) and they are going to have play physical!!

If your coming in from Salem on 460 you might want to skip the candles mountain exit an go to the next exit odd fellows road to get over to the expressway an city stadium. Between shopping traffic, liberty football, an liberty traffic in general on candles mtn.

Reactions: lyhsports
Glass uses this lineup next 2 weeks and the will be hard to stop.

I watched the Region C championship today. I definitely don't think they can match up with the size and speed Glass has. Will be interesting but I have Glass advancing to the Final vs Dinwiddie. I still have Dinwiddie winning at LU

I watched the Region C championship today. I definitely don't think they can match up with the size and speed Glass has. Will be interesting but I have Glass advancing to the Final vs Dinwiddie. I still have Dinwiddie winning at LU
I wasn't with Salem getting past Glass. 37 points is a lot to give up for any reason and be expected to show up in state level playoffs. No 40 scorer but 35 is still way too much.

I wasn't with Salem getting past Glass. 37 points is a lot to give up for any reason and be expected to show up in state level playoffs. No 40 scorer but 35 is still way too much.
So what does that say about Dinwiddie giving up 41 today?

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Holter wrote a check he couldn’t cash! We heard you after that Louisa game!

But, congrats to Salem on a great season. It was a good game for sure.

What did he say? I assume you are talking about when he said "they will try to line up two tight end sets and run on us just like a lot of other teams have tried"... or something along those lines.

Last edited:

So what did he say? And why have you not mentioned it until after the game🤔

Congrats to Coach Woody and the Hilltoppers! No way I would think they run the football like that on Salem but they flat got it done. Way to represent the Seminole guys!

He pretty much said it didn’t matter what Glass does until they get smacked in the mouth.

The boys let the pads talk, now I can talk lol
Didn't he say "they defended the iso well last time" right before he talked about getting hit in the mouth? Seems like a pretty big stretch considering he had not even watched film on Glass yet and this was right after the Louisa game.

Reactions: SFUWO
He pretty much said it didn’t matter what Glass does until they get smacked in the mouth.

The boys let the pads talk, now I can talk lol
That's it? Really? What coach wouldn't say that 😂

Never heard any coach say that when mentioning the next opponent. Glass took offense to that, and it was bulletin board material for sure.

Great game though, and Salem didn’t go quietly.

Never heard any coach say that when mentioning the next opponent. Glass took offense to that, and it was bulletin board material for sure.

Great game though, and Salem didn’t go quietly.
Teams don't need bulletin board material at this point of the season. I didn't have Salem winning state this yr. I did have the winner of this game going there. Glass has a lot of size and probably should keep using tonight's game plan moving forward.

So what does that say about Dinwiddie giving up 41 today?
Great question but I don't believe my assessment and previous statement about Salem has anything to do with Dinwiddie. But. I think King George & Dinwiddie obviously met their matches and overtime was needed. Remember, I said that I did not think Louisa County was on par with Glass and giving up 37 to them could see 40+ scored by Glass. We got within a touchdown of that. I think I was a close to right as I could get considering the mistakes in the game. Now. What Warwick has going for them is that they have played the D3 champ. They will need tougher D and to score more to top Dinwiddie.

BIG proud of them MidTown Boyz tonight! Big ups to the players for executing. The improvements made on the lines after the Louisa game last year has showed all year. Offenseive and Defensive lines played great tonight. I've been waiting for Vari Gilbert to flex his muscles in the big game and he had an extra burst tonight! George was lights out tonight and commanded the offense very well.

DAWG D!! Thats all I gotta say! They played as a unit tonight and made plays. That was the best the secondary played all year!

Big ups to the Glass coaching staff. This is a different coaching staff that what we had in 2019 literally and from an X's and O's standpoint. They really stepped up. Congrats! This is huge for Lynchburg!

Heritage and Glass playing at City Stadium next Saturday for a State Championship bid!

BIG proud of them MidTown Boyz tonight! Big ups to the players for executing. The improvements made on the lines after the Louisa game last year has showed all year. Offenseive and Defensive lines played great tonight. I've been waiting for Vari Gilbert to flex his muscles in the big game and he had an extra burst tonight! George was lights out tonight and commanded the offense very well.

DAWG D!! Thats all I gotta say! They played as a unit tonight and made plays. That was the best the secondary played all year!

Big ups to the Glass coaching staff. This is a different coaching staff that what we had in 2019 literally and from an X's and O's standpoint. They really stepped up. Congrats! This is huge for Lynchburg!

Heritage and Glass playing at City Stadium next Saturday for a State Championship bid!
Congratulations to Heritage too! After seeing them against LCA several weeks ago, I thought they had something for LCA this go around.

Great question but I don't believe my assessment and previous statement about Salem has anything to do with Dinwiddie. But. I think King George & Dinwiddie obviously met their matches and overtime was needed. Remember, I said that I did not think Louisa County was on par with Glass and giving up 37 to them could see 40+ scored by Glass. We got within a touchdown of that. I think I was a close to right as I could get considering the mistakes in the game. Now. What Warwick has going for them is that they have played the D3 champ. They will need tougher D and to score more to top Dinwiddie.
You know I keyed in your statement about a team giving up 37 points for any reason and be able to show up for state playoffs.

You know I keyed in your statement about a team giving up 37 points for any reason and be able to show up for state playoffs.
I understand that but if they are playing each other one of them has to advance. Or am I mistaken? edit in: Can we agree that in 2022 Glass is a much better team than Louisa County?

Reactions: OCBoy
I understand that but if they are playing each other one of them has to advance. Or am I mistaken? edit in: Can we agree that in 2022 Glass is a much better team than Louisa County?
Yes and Salem advanced in that game. A better example would be how Salem's offense struggled in several games this yr. Scoring 7 or less in 3 games. Then struggled in tonight's game. I don't know why we keep referring to Louisa. They were eliminated last week by the 3 seed

Salem struggled to score this year a lot is because of hard headed tradition!! This years team was not the traditional Salem team with a strong O-line, yet we continued to run that trap..worked against so so teams, but was never successful against good teams. Salems best games offensively was when there was a good mix of passing with the run... Why they didnt stick to that formula, I blame on tradition

Salem struggled to score this year a lot is because of hard headed tradition!! This years team was not the traditional Salem team with a strong O-line, yet we continued to run that trap..worked against so so teams, but was never successful against good teams. Salems best games offensively was when there was a good mix of passing with the run... Why they didnt stick to that formula, I blame on tradition
Could be that the coaching staff saw something on film that suggested there best game plan was run. You don't win as much as Salem has over the years by sticking to one way of doing things.
Wow never figured a Amherst fan would be defending the Salem coaching 😆

Reactions: SalemFTB
BIG proud of them MidTown Boyz tonight!

Is heritage home next week? I could of sworn on the stream last night the announcer said the winner was going to Cburg. Of course the sound was terrible on the tablet I was watching an my son has his tablet blaring so I probably miss understood him.

Is heritage home next week? I could have sworn on the stream last night the announcer said the winner was going to Cburg. Of course the sound was terrible on the tablet I was watching an my son has his tablet blaring so I probably miss understood him.
He did. The announcer also called the coach from Heritage, Bill Bradley, he lost me after that😂

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Could be that the coaching staff saw something on film that suggested there best game plan was run. You don't win as much as Salem has over the years by sticking to one way of doing things.
Wow never figured a Amherst fan would be defending the Salem coaching 😆
I understand all of that, but this team has struggled with identity all year, loads of skill player talent and no true full back And a very young small o line, It’s like trying to stick a square peg in a circle.. EC Glass is big up front, with speed on the edge, so their defense was like we can stop the trap and we have the speed to cover the edge, just like PH.. the first half was pretty much the PH game plan. didn’t work then, and didn’t work now.. I think Salem has some the best coaching in Va, hence why I blame it on that old Tradition “Salem Football” Sometimes the team just don’t fit that bill!!

I understand all of that, but this team has struggled with identity all year, loads of skill player talent and no true full back And a very young small o line, It’s like trying to stick a square peg in a circle.. EC Glass is big up front, with speed on the edge, so their defense was like we can stop the trap and we have the speed to cover the edge, just like PH.. the first half was pretty much the PH game plan. didn’t work then, and didn’t work now.. I think Salem has some the best coaching in Va, hence why I blame it on that old Tradition “Salem Football” Sometimes the team just don’t fit that bill!!
An sometimes a better team beats you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT