ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage schedule for the next 2 weeks

The last I heard and confirmed it with a couple people who follow louisa is he transfered there. Lucky break for them since they lost so many starters.

Reactions: VAn8tive
Well the cat is out of the bag... pun intended.

Williams has been back home at Louisa for a month now, so I thought 1987 would know by now since it seemed like he was close to Courtland's team. Williams will do more for the Lions than he had done at Courtland. I know trains run through Mineral, but there might be train horns coming from The Jungle too.

Last edited:
Funny,
You guys are like fake news 101, So the kid I was standing next too at practice today apparently transferred back to being a Cougar, funny thing is he "NEVER" left. I will be awaiting your next comment, wait it might pop up on CNN.

IMG_02841.jpg

@courtlandcougars1987 well I wish I could be in two places at once! That kid is even better than I thought! #RealNews #CNNinMineral

Last edited:
Enjoy watching you squirm, will never tell. Good scrimmage tonight with Orange left early with Ct up 21-0. Cougars however suffered two serious injuries to starters. One O-line and the other to Kamron our 6'0 230 pound RB/LB, both with Spains to knees. One was not bad as Kamron was able to walk of field with a limp, did mot play anymore. I believe that big Victor sustained a mild go severe sprain as he was carried of the field, could not put pressure on leg. Both injuries came on 3rd play of scrimmage and at beginning of second quarter. Running game was in high gear, Zin had around 140 or so yards on 5-6 carries, one carry went for 90 yds. Cougars will be wounded going into Louisa game, couldnt have that, so will see what happens. Next man up, anyone else experiencing injuries?

Oh hey, you made it back. Courtland will be okay, they're loaded right? Louisa is just back to being little ol' Louisa. By the way it's official now, but I'm sure Williams still looked good for Courtland tonight. I hope those Cougars can recover as soon as possible, they can surprise people this year. Have a good one shauntclair.

Screenshot_20180816-221915_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldnt say loaded, do not like that terminology, would say extremely and deeply talented with unlimited potential across the board:) We just have a good overall team with all of the skill positions firmly entrenced by very good athletes. We are just little ol' Courtland. We removed Adrian from the roster and web site the other day. Wish him the best in Mineral, they have a good one.

I also went to the Courtland-Orange scrimmage yesterday and Courtland was the better team out there.The final score was 20-7 courtland but with the 1s in it was 20-0 .

COURTLAND
Courtlands Offense was typical wing t Courtland with an array of formations. Went with twins a couple of times and loose formation but mainly 31 personnel. #2 for Courtland is a very hard runner breaking a lot of tackles and just refusing to go down. He had around 150-160 yards for only playing about a quarter or two. O-line is your more traditional Courtland line, not the biggest but very physical.The qb-center exchange did look bad at times with a couple exchange fumbles and a bad shotgun snap.Their qb is very athletic and fast. He was able to get some create some positive yards by running it a couple times when the receiver wasn't open or their was too much pressure .Defense was pretty solid all night but struggled against the run at times. Their D-line is very fast and great at rushing the passer. Almost every time orange tried to pass they were either sacking the qb or pressuring him especially of the edge. Think they forced one or two turnovers. .Overall courtland was good! Offense look better than defense but they had a small team which could be their weak point. They did have two injuries to starters at the beginning of the scrimmage. #74 OT #3 RB

Orange
Orange had very Good and very bad parts during the scrimmage. Their running back #1 is the real deal. Big kid with good speed. He broke a couple tackles and ran over a few. The did do a good job at the read option and they were able to get outside of courtland a couple of times on the jet sweep. O-line was big but struggled pass blocking. they were able to get some push on some of their runs and was good at their zone scheme. Qb made a couple passes under pressure. Missed a couple throws too. Did delivery a nice slant pass that went for a touchdown right after halftime. They have some athletes at receiver too. Their defense struggled tackling but they were successful at setting the edge. courtland struggled to run out side at times because of this. Their outside linebacker #2 was very good and made alot plays. Overall Orange is a work in progress need to get better at the pass game to be a successful spread team.

Reactions: OCBoy
Nice write up and would agree with ya. #3 Kamron Taylor #74 Victor Leon both out with sprained knees with #74 getting the worse end of the deal. Courtland has 42 players, so mot to small of a team. Also Oline has good size, just no 6'3 or 6'4 guys, all 6'0 260 -280 range. Went with different defensive front for awhile last night to feel somethings out and at times gave up some good middle runs, especially when LB blitzed. Orange RB is very good, glad we got to go agianst him. JC trying new stuff,center and QB had a couple miscues, once on rhe 10 yard line, so cant have that happen.

Reactions: VAHSFB2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT