ADVERTISEMENT

Season Outlook

Butt hurt much? When Salem loses I'll say the same thing I always say We'll be back. And I've been right every time. Bye the way Salem used to be AAA also ( Andrew Lewis) .
I was wondering the same about Salem since you soooo far up theirs! And I’m old enough to know all about Andrew Lewis AAA. Salem AA different competition

I was wondering the same about Salem since you soooo far up theirs! And I’m old enough to know all about Andrew Lewis AAA. Salem AA different competition
Salem was also AAA from 77-87. Slow start for a few years, but runner up in 86.

@

Mike no disrespect to you just getting hyped before the season starts! If my team(GW) defense does not get better won’t be going far!
We're cool, I'm not trying to stir anything up. Nobody is going to give you anything, Salem will get everybody's best shot. Everybody is 0-0. Salem won't get any wins just because they show up at the right field.

Just don’t think Salem will be that good this year!!! Out in the 1st rd

As much as I hope you’re right, I doubt it very seriously that Salem doesn’t make the playoffs or the they will be out in 1st round. They will mostly likely win 8-10 games and be a top 4 seed or higher which means they will host first round. That’s almost an automatic win in the first round

GW Danville's biggest problem the last 8-10 years has been Dan River High School. A tremendous amount of talent transferred out to play for Coach Ferrell Edmunds at DR because of who he was, how great he was with the kids and the connections he had to get them to the next level. Not to mention his 3 sons who all three are now in the NFL. Two of which were drafted in the !st round this past draft. You stack the talent GW had those years with the E BOYZ and the talent that left to play at DR and GW plays for State Championships and dominates their District/Region from 2010 - possibly current. I know I know..... "WHAT IF" just a fan with a perspective but think about it.

Here are my optimistic game by game predictions for this squad:

Game 1: L vs EC Glass-I think this game will be a lot closer then some people think in my opinion, and I think it will be a great measuring stick for us. My gut tells me we'll pull it out but for this I'll say Glass wins.

Game 2: W @ James Monroe-JM is a very good ball team and they have a great program. I do think, however, they'll still be a bit down and we'll get some nice road experience in Fredericksburg.

Game 3: W @ Harrisonburg-Another early road test but the Blue Streaks lose so much from last year I'll give us the edge. Should be another great game like last year.

Game 4: W @ Western Albemarle-The Warriors should be better then last year and I can see them being a sleeper in 3C, but I just don't think they have enough firepower to take us down, even in Crozet.

Game 5: W vs Orange-This was a game circled on my calendar, I had Orange being possibly the top dog in the district before they lost their QB. This one should still be plenty fun to watch, extremely physical with a lot of talent on the field. Still, I see us manning up at home and taking them out.

Game 6: W vs Powhatan-Again, my optimistic self tells me that we'll take the dub here, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Indians shock us at home. Powhatan, I think, will be very very good this year. They return a lot from a mediocre team last year. Should be a fun one.

Game 7: W @ Fluvanna-Not much to say here. The Flucos are improving though.

Game 8: W vs Albemarle for homecoming-We haven't beaten the Pats since 2001 and I'm sick of it. Their defense should be good but I just don't see them beating us at our homecoming.

Game 9: L vs Louisa County-The Lions will be a wild card no doubt this year, but I think the best player in the state will be able to give them enough firepower to take us out at home this year.

Game 10: W @ Monticello-The Mustangs lose almost all of the key players from a very good squad from last year, and I think we got em again this year

Regular season: 8-2.

I don't believe we'll be much better, if at all better, then last year, but I also think the district will be down which will help us big time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT