ADVERTISEMENT

Seminole

lyhsports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 17, 2017
Lynchburg, Va
Who y'all got in the Seminole? There's been a few shakeups interms of coaching and coaching staffs, so there is sure to be some changes on the field. How would you rank the teams? Who are your best player in the Seminole?

Let's get some talk going!

LCA and their hand picked squad will likely win it all in my opinion.

glass will be a dark horse that wins some upsets. They were extremely young last year and return a lot of good players. But they won’t have enough experience to be a top contender. Also the coaching changes will set them back a little if they are having to install a new playbook

Reactions: lyhsports

glass will be a dark horse that wins some upsets. They were extremely young last year and return a lot of good players. But they won’t have enough experience to be a top contender. Also the coaching changes will set them back a little if they are having to install a new playbook
Here's how I rank the Seminole teams going into the season:
1. LCA
2. Brookville
3. Heritage
4. Amherst
5. Glass
6. Rustburg
7. JF
8. Liberty

This is LCA's year in my opinion, but I see the Top 3 having close games with each other, and the others shuffling around. Should be some upsets this season(there usually is every year).

Glass is still young, but should be more experienced by the end of the regular season. I thing Glass could be as high as 4 and as low as 7.

There will be some great matchups this season.

No doubt LCA will be the team to beat with all Rocco has returning with the addition of that stud 8th grade running back moving up. Kid already has a D1 offer from Uva and that is unheard of. Heritage and Brookville both return a good amount of starters so look for them to be in the mix also. Coach Christmas has Amherst on the way back and Burt Torrance now at Rustburg will help their program tremendously. Glass still seems to be rebuilding but with the athletes they have along with Coach Woody look for them to be back soon.

Amherst will be a top 3 team in this district, without question. Don’t see them beating LCA but I think they’ll beat Heritage or Brookville, maybe both. The Spring season benefited them and Glass the most.

Reactions: wikki and lyhsports
Amherst will be a top 3 team in this district, without question. Don’t see them beating LCA but I think they’ll beat Heritage or Brookville, maybe both. The Spring season benefited them and Glass the most.
I wannna see what their defense looks like this year before I give them that designation. But they and Glass have the young talent for sure.

Should be a interesting year in Seminole.I'm not sure Amherst will be top 3 but this team will be tough to beat end of the season.Amherst has good size and speed but don't really have experience at RB or QB.I still think they're 1 year from being a major threat to the top teams. I agree with lyhsports on the ranking but don't be surprise if Amherst get the 2 seed.

When you have a good program/good players , the talent follows. I have not one problem with it.

I like the way the Lancers schedule year in and year out. The Salem game may be interesting. Lancers play Salem really close. The GW game will be very good.

My mistake. This is the first year in a good while that they aren’t playing in the regular season correct?
I think they played 2015-2019. Were originally scheduled last year as well until COVID. So 3 cycles they played. Will play William Fleming this year for the first time since 2012.

Reactions: Realtalk78
I think they played 2015-2019. Were originally scheduled last year as well until COVID. So 3 cycles they played. Will play William Fleming this year for the first time since 2012.
Fleming is going to be good. Lovelace has turned that program around nicely. They’ll more than likely be a state semifinalist this year. It’ll be a matter of time before we’re looking at them playing in the big game.

Reactions: mike salem
Fleming is going to be good. Lovelace has turned that program around nicely. They’ll more than likely be a state semifinalist this year. It’ll be a matter of time before we’re looking at them playing in the big game.
I would love to see it. Teams like Stone Bridge/Massaponax present a major challenge.

I would love to see it. Teams like Stone Bridge/Massaponax present a major challenge.
Agreed. With the athletes and coaching that Fleming has, they can definitely be on the same level as a Highland Springs or Salem. Still a ways to go, but they took a huge step this past spring.

This year will be a telling year for Fleming. They definitely took a step in the Spring, but to me that region was a weak region. They took care of business and shocked people though. Can't wait to see what they do in the new region alignment. I'm definitely a fan of what Lovelace and the crew are doing at Fleming.

I'm looking at the Heritage, Salem and LB matchups.

Fleming has a tougher schedule this year and new teams in the region to contend with. On the schedule- Heritage, PH, Salem, LB, and Franklin Co. They need to win 1 of these and not get tripped up by the rest of their schedule (Northside) just to have a chance at the playoffs.

Stone Bridge, Massaponax, and Independence are in their Region this year as well. All of them made it to the Semis or Finals in their respective Class.

Salem and Amherst don't play this year during the regular season.
For the past years, Amherst has had one of the toughest schedules to start with. Salem, Blacksburg and GW, not necessary. Maybe two but not three games to start off the seasons. I'm glad they got rid of one of those teams. I believe the team will be good this year and even better next year.

Should be a interesting year in Seminole.I'm not sure Amherst will be top 3 but this team will be tough to beat end of the season.Amherst has good size and speed but don't really have experience at RB or QB.I still think they're 1 year from being a major threat to the top teams. I agree with lyhsports on the ranking but don't be surprise if Amherst get the 2 seed.
Would not mind seeing a come up year for Amherst but im not sold on them. Too inconsistent last season and they have young talent but not experienced talent

For the past years, Amherst has had one of the toughest schedules to start with. Salem, Blacksburg and GW, not necessary. Maybe two but not three games to start off the seasons. I'm glad they got rid of one of those teams. I believe the team will be good this year and even better next year.
I think that GW game should be a good one for their first game. After that game the 3 toughest games are at the end of the season. (Brookville, LCA, Heritage) I think they have a good shot at 7-3 this year.

Reactions: wikki
1. LCA
2. Brookville
3. Heritage
4. Amherst
5. Glass
6. Rustburg
7. JF
8. Liberty

This is LCA's year in my opinion, but I see the Top 3 having close games with each other, and the others shuffling around. Should be some upsets this season(there usually is every year).

Glass is still young, but should be more experienced by the end of the regular season. I thing Glass could be as high as 4 and as low as 7.

Might be wishful thinking but I think JF will finish a little better. As much as I loved the success that came with the wishbone I am excited about what I have seen from the cavs offensively so far. They may not be the most athletic but it is a hardworking bunch of young guys. These past couple seasons have been tough but I think they will finish middle of the road this year and have an exceptional year next season

Might be wishful thinking but I think JF will finish a little better. As much as I loved the success that came with the wishbone I am excited about what I have seen from the cavs offensively so far. They may not be the most athletic but it is a hardworking bunch of young guys. These past couple seasons have been tough but I think they will finish middle of the road this year and have an exceptional year next season
Where do you think they will rank? I hope they can be successful in the spread.

Their non district schedule will definitely help them.

Would not mind seeing a come up year for Amherst but im not sold on them. Too inconsistent last season and they have young talent but not experienced talent
I can't disagree with you totally D55. Most of Amherst talent were freshmen last year on J.V. Once all of them was pullup during playoffs they did a outstanding job especially aganist Salem. G.W might be a bit much to chew for 1st game but don't be surprise we beat them if G.W think we the same ole Amherst from a few years ago.Still 1 year away from seriously competing with big boys.

Don't forget about Louisa County. They are in the region now too
I’m hip.. Louisa will be good. Return the best QB in the region in Landon Wilson, Linebacker Stephen Dean who was the DPOY and DB Jordan Smith (Brother of Penn State star Brandon Smith), who already has a few D1 offers. I’ve been critical of GW, but they’re going to be very good this year. Playing a tough schedule and return over 15 starters. If they build on from the Magna Vista, Pulaski and Salem games, they have a realistic shot at actually winning the region this year. I still believe it’s Salem’s to lose. Chauncey Logan is the best offensive threat west of Richmond and it’s not even close.

1. LCA
2. Brookville
3. Heritage
4. Amherst
5. Glass
6. Rustburg
7. JF
8. Liberty

This is what I got too, top 3 and 4-8 could be in any order.

Watched some of Amherst today. I dont know if the other team is any good or not but AC looked legit.
Anybody making the trip to salem tonight? I am curious to see if their gonna be elite again same w bville

Watched some of Amherst today. I dont know if the other team is any good or not but AC looked legit.
Anybody making the trip to salem tonight? I am curious to see if their gonna be elite again same w bville
I would expect Brookville to look a little better than Salem at this point in time. Salem has 11 starters returning, split pretty evenly between O/D. The OL & Secondary will have the most changes with 3 to replace in each unit. Brookville always has a good Def and are pretty solid overall. Good test for both teams.

Reactions: Realtalk78
I would expect Brookville to look a little better than Salem at this point in time. Salem has 11 starters returning, split pretty evenly between O/D. The OL & Secondary will have the most changes with 3 to replace in each unit. Brookville always has a good Def and are pretty solid overall. Good test for both teams.
Hey Mike could you give us a report from the Brookville-Salem scrimmage if you are going. Would love to come up to Salem this afternoon but have a prior commitment.

Reactions: olemissboy30
Hey Mike could you give us a report from the Brookville-Salem scrimmage if you are going. Would love to come up to Salem this afternoon but have a prior commitment.
Yeah I'm planning on being there, hopefully the storms will not interrupt.

I was able to catch the first couple of series of the Amherst V Millbrook scrimmage. Score don't mean a whole lot in a scrimmage but I think it was 21-0. The lancers look much improved for sure, especially the defense, but I think they might still be one year away from really hitting their stride. The vast majority of their starters appear to be 10th + 11th graders.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT