ADVERTISEMENT

Shauntclair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know whatever happened to the old boy? He was full of bologna sometimes, but he was fun. Even if he did think football involved a round white ball, and that cheerleading was athletics!
I miss him and loved reading his post. He always defended me. I hope he comes back. I think he moved out of the area

Wikki, the last that I remember, he moved to MD. He was taking care of his very elderly parents, but I think one of them passed away, which led to his move.

Shabutie, he definitely had his own way of looking at things. And he was pretty adamant about his views.

Reactions: gwb16 and wikki
Does anyone know whatever happened to the old boy? He was full of bologna sometimes, but he was fun. Even if he did think football involved a round white ball, and that cheerleading was athletics!

I have wondered what happened to him as well.

While I did not always agree with him, he was passionate and I often found his logic quite enjoyable. He certainly kept the discussion interesting.

Many people gave him a hard time it seemed to me but I am pretty sure that the dude had a very high IQ...

I have wondered what happened to him as well.

While I did not always agree with him, he was passionate and I often found his logic quite enjoyable. He certainly kept the discussion interesting.

Many people gave him a hard time it seemed to me but I am pretty sure that the dude had a very high IQ...
His logic was insane. He would counter his own words multiple times within the same post. It was almost impossible to have a legitimate conversation with him.

Poor logic and reasoning generally isn’t an indicator of a high IQ.

Reactions: gwb16
His logic was insane. He would counter his own words multiple times within the same post. It was almost impossible to have a legitimate conversation with him.

Poor logic and reasoning generally isn’t an indicator of a high IQ.

Hmmm....I gotcha....I probably only read about 20 percent of his stuff so maybe I didn't notice all that...maybe he was slipping at the end. I guess he was becoming a bit erratic if I recall correctly.

He seemed to grasp some of the Fredericksburg action when I paid more attention to JM etc.

Either way, I hope he is good whatever happened to him.

Reactions: Shabutie
How about Hammy? Or am I just behind and he has a new user name? I liked his presence on here although he seemed to have been quiet the last couple of seasons.

That guy was a complete buffoon

Fascinating- I always just considered him to be eccentric and mildly entertaining.

Also, he was mostly focused on teams outside of my immediate interest zone so his comments never bothered me I suppose.

I always felt sorry for Shauntclair. I pictured him as a lonely person with few friends, hence, some of his rantings. Shabutie, you are right, he would contradict himself quite often. I exchanged private messages with him from time to time, and he could be all over the board. Sometimes appreciative of comments, sometimes defensive and would lash out, (without logic, as was stated above). Wherever he is, I wish him well.

Hammy is well. We communicate on occasion. Still supports his Sherando Warriors with pride.

Reactions: Shabutie
If I remember correctly Shauntclair was a Fluvanna guy, right? I seem to remember him always talking about how the Flucos were gonna turn it around soon, and they did! Good for him if that was his team.

I always felt sorry for Shauntclair. I pictured him as a lonely person with few friends, hence, some of his rantings. Shabutie, you are right, he would contradict himself quite often. I exchanged private messages with him from time to time, and he could be all over the board. Sometimes appreciative of comments, sometimes defensive and would lash out, (without logic, as was stated above). Wherever he is, I wish him well.

Hammy is well. We communicate on occasion. Still supports his Sherando Warriors with pride.

Sounds like a correct assessment, DP.

I’ll just say this in defense of him and then drop it, we connected on an topic or two like in 2013. Anyway, IMO, he was on the money many when others were not so I always remembered that.

I will not use any American political examples as many folks can no longer apply reason during debates in our divisive contemporary times, so I will use international politics instead.

Britain’s new PM, Boris Johnson, is often called a buffoon and other derogatory terms. I’ll just say I have read some of his books, that is one clever a— dude.

Not saying the poster we are discussing was like that, just made me think about it in that context.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
In other issues, I came in Saturday to watch ECU v NC State on the ACC Network. I realized that I could not easily stream it or watch it without ordering it etc. at least, I could not figure it out.

So I did on D-TV - I finally sit down to watch the game - it would not come in! I had to call again - another 30 minutes wasted - still did not come on. I come back later - it finally comes on.

By that time it’s already the 4th quarter and the Pirates are down big.....

Oh well...at least I had the ACC Network for the rest of them lol.

I’ll just say this in defense of him and then drop it, we connected on an topic or two like in 2013. Anyway, IMO, he was on the money many when others were not so I always remembered that.

I will not use any American political examples as many folks can no longer apply reason during debates in our divisive contemporary times, so I will use international politics instead.

Britain’s new PM, Boris Johnson, is often called a buffoon and other derogatory terms. I’ll just say I have read some of his books, that is one clever a— dude.

Not saying the poster we are discussing was like that, just made me think about it in that context.

Lol well from what I recall Shauntclair was a far leftist so he would hate you for mentioning the second coolest leader in the world. Years ago I remember him attacking me for mentioning censorship on this board (A Giles fan had a post describing how the Martinsville players were acting before a game and it got deleted...) and he just went on and on about how I loved "Faux News" or whatever. I tried to explain that I thought Fox was as much of a joke as CNN and the other leftist networks are and he could not wrap his head around that concept. Tried to explain the fact that there are independent sources out there for news and he just kept on and on and on.

Um yeah, he progressively developed a bit of aggressive and threatening violence type responses near the end. I remember when Smithfield hosted Courtland for the Regional finals and the TD that WASN'T a TD...I had multiple pictures....but...whatever.....
I emailed him several days prior, offered to meet him before the game to break bread with him...got the canned "I can't make the game" response, but he knew every detail of darn near every down of the game. Whatever. Always like to belittle kids and transfers and coaches and parents and like a cat in a litter box, covered it with kitty litter by stating "Best of luck to everyone this season" like that was a free pass to being a complete ass for the previous 2, 3 or 4 previous paragraphs. I don't miss a single damn thing about his arrogant ass self. Good riddance I say. He needed a healthy dose of closely monitored lithium or other type of mood altering pharmaceutical.

Last edited:

He's definitely not that clever...wasn't smart enough to realize that he was such an ass that his wife stepped out on him....sooooo

Ok let's stop with the disparaging remarks. I think he was an eccentric guy. The fact that people are asking about him, shows for better or worse, he left an indelible mark. He was entertaining to say the least.
I agree, he cannot defend himself. He did defend me on many occasions on this board and was always respectful to me. I can’t say the same for some on here now

This would seem to violate that policy of not attacking someone who is not even in the thread.
So?
He didn't seem to care about attacking kids and complete strangers. You think I care?

Ok let's stop with the disparaging remarks. I think he was an eccentric guy. The fact that people are asking about him, shows for better or worse, he left an indelible mark. He was entertaining to say the least.
Definitely for worse...that old "train wreck" tale comes to mind.
Ask old Skynyrd if Shaunty cut him any slack? Y'all let him run wild all over him. If ANYONE should have EVER been banned....that was the chance to make a mark....but the mods chose not to....why? Damn sure didn't sell subscriptions.

I agree, he cannot defend himself. He did defend me on many occasions on this board and was always respectful to me. I can’t say the same for some on here now

He feels threatened by MEN....soooooo

So?
He didn't seem to care about attacking kids and complete strangers. You think I care?
I was just pointing out that they closed comment on the other thread for something less than what they were ignoring here. I was not saying you necessarily had done anything wrong. Just pointing out the inconsistency.

Reactions: gwb16
Your logo fits you perfectly sir, don't think this is the place to share your discomfort with the certain individual.

Your logo fits you perfectly sir, don't think this is the place to share your discomfort with the certain individual.
There's no discomfort with the aforementioned individual. And actually, my logo was chosen LAST YEAR after the board endured another childish fit of "adults behaving wildly" again (and that I'm actively participating in another one here today), that led me to take damn near a one year hiatus. But hey it's cool...if everyone wants to come to the defense to one of the biggest asses to ever post on VAPREPS have at it. Your choice. Enjoy it. Personal attacks...yeah yeah yeah...I get it...wasn't a problem when he was doing it. Thanks for solidifying the double standard for some members for whatever reason. Maybe I'll choose a more appropriate icon? If I can find the time to give a crap...

Someone is seriously hurt about this man, I apologize on his behalf and hope you have a great day and enjoy the full slate of football this weekend.

Definitely for worse...that old "train wreck" tale comes to mind.
Ask old Skynyrd if Shaunty cut him any slack? Y'all let him run wild all over him. If ANYONE should have EVER been banned....that was the chance to make a mark....but the mods chose not to....why? Damn sure didn't sell subscriptions.
I wasn't a moderator then, so I can't speak to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT