ADVERTISEMENT

Shenandoah District Teams Kind of "Missed the Point" Friday

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
I did not fully realize this until I watched my tape of "The Endzone" but the Shenandoah District teams went a very disappointing 1-6 in the opening weekend, with Wilson's romp over Charlottesville being the only win the district picked up. However, even more ironic is the fact that four of those losses (Riverheads, Stuarts Draft, Staunton and Buffalo Gap) were each by just one point.

I guess you could read any number of things into that. If you are an optimist, you could say "well they just as easily could have been 5-2 on the weekend." Or you could chalk it up to the fact that they all played even games against quality opponents and things just did not go their way. Or finally, if you want to look at the worst possible scenario, maybe the district will be down this year and maybe Wilson needs to be added to the list of contenders.

Whatever the case, we are just getting started. I only went 3-4 on this first weekend with my predictions so I guess you could say that I did not have that much better a weekend than they did! I will be back sometime early next week to look at the slate for Week Number Two, and hopefully we will "all" have a better outcome over the Labor Day weekend!

Reactions: obguthr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT