ADVERTISEMENT

Shenandoah Goes 3 for 4 on Opening Day of Playoffs

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
As we know, the information can sometimes be hard to find on local media, but I think I am correct that three out of the four Shenandoah District teams who opened play on Memorial Day in the Region 2-B baseball playoffs came out victorious, all by one-run margins. If my source was correct, Page beat George Mason 4-3, Stuarts Draft beat Madison by the same score, and East Rock squeezed past Central Woodstock 6-5 in 9 innings. Only Wilson fell short, losing 4-0 at Clarke County.

Stuarts Draft now travels to Clarke (presumably Wednesday) for a regional semi-final, which matches Page and East Rock in the other. I assume that game will be at Page, due to seeding, and it will be their fourth tussle of the season, with the Panthers having won the first three. The semi-final winners will then meet later in the week for the regional title but more importantly, both will advance to the state tournament.

Needless to say, the weather will have an impact on how closely these games can follow their original scheduling. So far so good in that department since they all got to play on time yesterday.

Not surprised by most of these but the Central loss is puzzling. Maybe hangover effects of the upset loss to Clarke in the BRD finals? I think they had only one loss prior to the Clarke game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT