ADVERTISEMENT

Shenandoah Playoff Teams-Best Case Scenario

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
When one district claims five out of eight playoff spots, as is the case with the Region B playoffs in Class 2-A, re-matches are inevitable. Since there will be two of those this weekend, the best the 'Doah can hope for is to have three teams still alive, and it may only be two. Here is my take on all four games:

Wilson at East Rock: No offense to the Hornets and I am sure they will give it their best, but I am not sure when I have ever seen a more foregone conclusion. I suppose it is possible that the score might not be quite so high because the coaching staff may elect to sub earlier than usual to prevent injuries, but the outcome will never be in doubt.

Strasburg at Central: I probably should stay out of this one because I know so little about the Rams. I don't even recall reading the score the first time they met, or where they played. Central should be favored, but they did show themselves vulnerable to the turnover in the Riverheads loss, so if Strasburg catches a break here and there, I guess they could pull the upset.

Lee High at Luray: Could this possibly be the last football game the Leemen ever play? (A reference to the pending name change.) On paper this one looks very interesting and it could be anything from a one or two point game to a 2-3 touchdown margin. I will certainly be shocked if one rolls all over the other one. Maybe it is just because he gets more publicity around here, but I will go with the Leemen on the assumption that Lawler will have the kind of breakout game he is capable of having. Now maybe Luray has a similar athlete who could do the same thing, but if so, he has not gotten the ink around here.

Buffalo Gap at Clarke: Any 4/5 match-up should be expected to be close and this one likely will be. As I have just stated above, we are kind of at a disadvantage around here, in that we do not get much information on the Bull Run teams. But I guess all of Augusta County will be pulling for the Bison just so the 'Doah can still have three teams advancing next week. They do seem to be peaking and with just one exception, Rivenburg has run wild over everybody on the schedule. So unless Clarke can contain him, the Bison have an excellent chance to bring a victory back to the Valley.

Reactions: BGfootball95
longtime.....Central and Strasburg just played last week. Central won 55-14. So rematch 1st round

Duh! That should have been obvious, shouldn't it? Especially since I then made a reference to it later. I guess I just had Augusta County teams on the brain and was thinking only of their re-matches. Thanks for the score........I guess that will then make that game almost the same "foregone conclusion" as the East Rock/Wilson game.

Strasburg at Central: I probably should stay out of this one because I know so little about the Rams. I don't even recall reading the score the first time they met, or where they played. Central should be favored, but they did show themselves vulnerable to the turnover in the Riverheads loss, so if Strasburg catches a break here and there, I guess they could pull the upset.
I will say, the Strasburg QB Chase Hart can really throw the ball.

Duh! That should have been obvious, shouldn't it? Especially since I then made a reference to it later. I guess I just had Augusta County teams on the brain and was thinking only of their re-matches. Thanks for the score........I guess that will then make that game almost the same "foregone conclusion" as the East Rock/Wilson game.
I would not say foregone conclusion, but it is being played at Central so they have Homefield Advantage. I wouldn't discount the Rams. I am anxious about Gap coming to Clarke. Last time they met was 2016 playoffs and Clarke won 38-20. Gap may be thinking payback time.

I would not say foregone conclusion, but it is being played at Central so they have Homefield Advantage. I wouldn't discount the Rams. I am anxious about Gap coming to Clarke. Last time they met was 2016 playoffs and Clarke won 38-20. Gap may be thinking payback time.
I think Gap might have more experience than Clarke and the best player on the field in Rivenburg. Clarke might be more talented top to bottom though. Clarke's home field and coaching advantage should win the day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT