ADVERTISEMENT

Sherando is the best team in the state at 4A

KT run will not beat Sherando! They got extremely lucky against Millbrook last week.

A wet field will not save them this week.

Who did Sherando play that was anywhere close to as good as the teams that Monacan or Dinwiddie faced?! You’d have to show me a team they played that was better than Manchester or LCBird. Jmo,but if you haven’t seen a team that good....how do you know you’re good enough to beat them? I haven’t seen any of these teams play,but I’d be willing to bet that Sherando doesn’t have ANYTHING that Mon or Din has seen at a better level than Sherando.

Who did Sherando play that was anywhere close to as good as the teams that Monacan or Dinwiddie faced?! You’d have to show me a team they played that was better than Manchester or LCBird. Jmo,but if you haven’t seen a team that good....how do you know you’re good enough to beat them? I haven’t seen any of these teams play,but I’d be willing to bet that Sherando doesn’t have ANYTHING that Mon or Din has seen at a better level than Sherando.

Hagerstown 'nuff said

Hagerstown 'nuff said
You really think Hagerstown has anything for Manchester or LCBird?! Lol....please tell me you’re joking! WV high school football is weak at best. Manchester’s QB is heading for ND next year and LCB QB is an McDonalds AA heading to VT next year! Mon beat LCBird but lost to Manchester. FYI ...Manchester would beat Hagerstown by 3 TDS easily. WV is NO COMPARISON to VA football....not even close! Sorry,But you have to come up with something better than that!

The Sherando Quarterback is OUTSTANDING.
Mon faced a QB going to NDame next year and another going to VT(All-American). I’m sure he’s outstanding,but is he as outstanding as the 2 they’ve already faced?! FYI....the Monacan QB is a power 5 QB too! They’ll beat Dinwiddie this week,and then....well....we’ll see. I’m not a Mon fan,but I DO KNOW what they have faced.

You really think Hagerstown has anything for Manchester or LCBird?! Lol....please tell me you’re joking! WV high school football is weak at best. Manchester’s QB is heading for ND next year and LCB QB is an McDonalds AA heading to VT next year! Mon beat LCBird but lost to Manchester. FYI ...Manchester would beat Hagerstown by 3 TDS easily. WV is NO COMPARISON to VA football....not even close! Sorry,But you have to come up with something better than that!

Did you see the game?
Think you meant Martinsburg.

My mistake, yes Martinsburg

Mon faced a QB going to NDame next year and another going to VT(All-American). I’m sure he’s outstanding,but is he as outstanding as the 2 they’ve already faced?! FYI....the Monacan QB is a power 5 QB too! They’ll beat Dinwiddie this week,and then....well....we’ll see. I’m not a Mon fan,but I DO KNOW what they have faced.

Okay that's great for you, I'm not here to be in a pissing match with you, Martinsburg is the class of the state up there, and they hung with them and could have won, they didn't and I understand that, but that has been a measuring stick for years with the Warriors.

Sherando went to states last year and got steamed rolled, think they remember? I know I would if I was one of those kids that got my ass kicked up and down that field last year, it would seem like a dream to have a second chance at it, and they will, but lets take this 1 week at a time sir.

I'm also glad glad you got to see Mon. play some top talent, I'm sure your very happy about that.

I really don’t know the quality of play from the QBs that you have seen down south. You asked the question what does Sherando have over other teams. My answer is most teams in Virginia do not have the quality of athlete/QB that Sherando is lucky to have. I think he is heading to JMU to play ball. (Maybe for baseball?).

No disrespect to anyone on here but Martinsburg would crush LC Bird, and if they played Manchester it would be a dog fight with the winner being the last team to have the ball and score. LC Bird has a QB who is going to VT as an athlete.....He just throws it up and hopes his recievers make a play. They run 4 plays on offense out of the pro I, lead left, lead right, Iso left, Iso right, and counter lead, every so often the chuck it deep hoping their recievers can run under one. Again no disrespect just calling it how I see it....Watch the films you will see

No disrespect to anyone on here but Martinsburg would crush LC Bird, and if they played Manchester it would be a dog fight with the winner being the last team to have the ball and score. LC Bird has a QB who is going to VT as an athlete.....He just throws it up and hopes his recievers make a play. They run 4 plays on offense out of the pro I, lead left, lead right, Iso left, Iso right, and counter lead, every so often the chuck it deep hoping their recievers can run under one. Again no disrespect just calling it how I see it....Watch the films you will see
Manchester would demolish Martinsburg this year

Manchester what demolish Martinsburg this year
I agree,but I’m not up for an argument. A healthy LCBird would give them everything they want. Manchester is on a level that only HIghland Springs can match,and I know that no one is crazy enough to think that ANY team from WVA could beat them!

I really don’t know the quality of play from the QBs that you have seen down south. You asked the question what does Sherando have over other teams. My answer is most teams in Virginia do not have the quality of athlete/QB that Sherando is lucky to have. I think he is heading to JMU to play ball. (Maybe for baseball?).
Signed his letter of intent today

Reactions: WarrentonCougar21
You gotta get out more! The Capital District in Richmond has 3 D1 QBs,including 2 power 5 conference QBs. The Dominion District has 3 Power 5 QBs. Fact is...Sherando has a good QB,but the teams they are gonna face have just as good a QB,if not better. The Monacan QB is a power 5 QB(undecided).

Manchester would demolish anyone this year, they’re on a different level
Pump the brakes! They are a great,loaded team,but they’re not the only team that’s loaded. I’m sure CF,WF,OS,IR,and HS (among others)would argue with you wholeheartedly!

@HooSprings you are correct about Jones (Henrico), and Warren (Atlee) who is the other? Payoute (VA Tech) and Snyder (Monacan) will not play qb in college. @mbonape1 correct me if I am wrong, but Snyder is projected to be a linebacker. Brendon Clark (Notre Dame) is the top quarterback in the area and Dinwiddie's Pope aint bad either. I am very proud of the qb talent in RVA, but there are other talented qb's in this state. Johnson (Blacksburg), Lowry (EV), Poole (GW Danville), Kendrick (Glass) and Entsminger (Sherando) to name a few. The Sherando quarterback, Hunter Entsminger is a very good quarterback. In fact, he throws one of the prettiest balls of any of the talented qb's in Class 4. He is a leader, can escape the pocket and throw on the run. Sir, he would do quite well playing in RVA. He desires to play baseball and can throw the piss out of the ball with pinpoint location. His only drawback as a Division 1 qb would be his height.

Last edited:
Well it’s not like he is short , he is 6-1 , but I get what you are saying . But I always think about there has been some great 6-1 qb’s . How tall is Brees at New Orleans ? The dude in Seattle ?

Was not being critical of Entsminger. His scout/recruit information says he is 6 foot. My bad!

Last edited:
Reactions: Smallfry2015
@HooSprings you are correct about Jones (Henrico), and Warren (Atlee) who is the other? Payoute (VA Tech) and Snyder (Monacan) will not play qb in college. @mbonape1 correct me if I am wrong, but Snyder is projected to be a linebacker. Brendon Clark (Notre Dame) is the top quarterback in the area and Dinwiddie's Pope aint bad either. I am very proud of the qb talent in RVA, but there are other talented qb's in this state. Johnson (Blacksburg), Lowry (EV), Poole (GW Danville), Kendrick (Glass) and Entsminger (Sherando) to name a few. The Sherando quarterback, Hunter Entsminger is a very good quarterback. In fact, he throws one of the prettiest balls of any of the talented qb's in Class 4. He is a leader, can escape the pocket and throw on the run. Sir, he would do quite well playing in RVA. He desires to play baseball and can throw the piss out of the ball with pinpoint location. His only drawback as a Division 1 qb would be his height.

As far as I know LB for Stone Snyder on the next level.

Thank you for helping me make my point...I agree that he’s a good QB,but as I said...he’s not the only good QB in the state. Monacan HAS faced Clark(Man),and Snyder looked pretty good against them too,in the loss. They won’t face any better than Clark! The only way Sherando would face Monacan is in the State Finals,so let’s just wait & see.

The other Capital District QB is the QB from Highland Springs that verbally committed to VSU before the season started,but has received other offers as well since then. His success speaks for itself!

Martinsburg would be a good div 4 school. I have been watching them for at least 5 yrs. Manchester and Colonial Forge would win by 2 scores not to mention Highland Springs. Last time I checked L.C Byrd was manhandled by Manchester 55-19. Sherando would not crush L.C. Byrd either.

Thank you for helping me make my point...I agree that he’s a good QB,but as I said...he’s not the only good QB in the state. Monacan HAS faced Clark(Man),and Snyder looked pretty good against them too,in the loss. They won’t face any better than Clark! The only way Sherando would face Monacan is in the State Finals,so let’s just wait & see.

The other Capital District QB is the QB from Highland Springs that verbally committed to VSU before the season started,but has received other offers as well since then. His success speaks for itself!
Sounds like Virginia State is stocking up on local quarterbacks. They offered Peety Pope two weeks ago as a qb.

Haven't seen any of these young men play, and not making any judgment on their skills, I am sure they are all really good players. But just because someone is a D1 recruit doesnt mean they are better than a D2 recruit in High School. 75% of being a D1 vs D2 is measurables. That isnt even factoring in the coaching, the young men sharing the field with them, and the system. That isnt to say these D1 players aren't better.

Think of it like this. How are kids getting verbal "offers" as Freshmen or younger when they haven't seen the field. I remember seeing a High School game on ESPN in last couple years and a backup (maybe even 3rd string) player had offers and committed to Power 5 school.

Systems have A LOT to do with the effectiveness of players in HS.

This is all Salem's fault lol. If they don't lose last week at least there would be enough chatter about them making another run to drown out the talk of Sherando being the best team in 4A. Heck the week of the Martinsburg game someone said Sherando was the best in the state of Virginia overall. At least teams like Salem, Bird, Highland Springs, Westfield, etc have rings to even back up the "best in state" comment when they are in the midst of a playoff run. I'm not committed to any team but at least have a state champ ring and banner to back up a "best in" comment.

Reactions: SFUWO
@schoolboard , are you talking about Hopewell's qb from 3 years ago?
Yes. He was tough, athletic, and got things done. But just not major college quarterback size.

So much talent on those teams. Darryl Taylor(Tennessee) and Matt Trevillian at WR, Ronnie Walker(Indiana) and Nas Cooper in the backfield.

Last edited:

Sherando is very fortunate to have their QB this year. The word during late summer was that he wanted to go to Riverside HS to be with his summer coach (or was heavily recruited by his summer coach) but one of his parents said NO.

Manchester would demolish Martinsburg this year
Mulike Martinsburg will put it on Salem next year .
Sherando is very fortunate to have their QB this year. The word during late summer was that he wanted to go to Riverside HS to be with his summer coach (or was heavily recruited by his summer coach) but one of his parents said NO.
well I’m standing next to his Father right now, and that is false . He is standing here laughing right now . Haha

This is all Salem's fault lol. If they don't lose last week at least there would be enough chatter about them making another run to drown out the talk of Sherando being the best team in 4A. Heck the week of the Martinsburg game someone said Sherando was the best in the state of Virginia overall. At least teams like Salem, Bird, Highland Springs, Westfield, etc have rings to even back up the "best in state" comment when they are in the midst of a playoff run. I'm not committed to any team but at least have a state champ ring and banner to back up a "best in" comment.

well I’m standing next to his Father right now, and that is false . He is standing here laughing right now . Haha
He just might do that. I’m assuming that this is the big Jr QB. We will find out it in week 8.
His name is Banks.

Laughing because he knows its very much true. The father was not the final decision maker.

Hope the young man fully recovers soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT