ADVERTISEMENT

Shouldn't Lake Taylor have went for two at end of game?

GilliamRatings

VaPreps All State
Jun 5, 2001
Orange, Virginia
I was just typing in scores, and after the crazy TD they were up 18-14. On the chance that Monacan did run the kickoff back for a TD (it happens), LT would have still had overtime if Monacan missed the extra point (it also happens-especially in high school). I would say the odds of Monacan running the kickoff back and then missing the subsequent extra point were not as long as you think. Let's assume 50:1 against running it back, 8:1 against missing the XP. 400:1. Follow that up by even odds of winning in overtime. 800:1. Add in the 50/50 chance of converting the 2 point try. So 1600:1

I'd go for 2 to avoid a 1 in 1600 disaster.

This post was edited on 12/7 8:58 PM by GilliamRatings

Totally agree, nothing to lose and a tiny bit to gain from going for two.

One thing is for sure. Their PAT attempts are suspect at best. So for that reason alone, they need to make going for two every time their first choice.

Trust me that has been taken care of. What you all have been seeing is the JV snapped and kicker since about game 5. Things will go back to what they are suppose to be Quinerly snapping, Johnson holding, Poole kicking. Last game of the year nothing to save now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT