ADVERTISEMENT

Showdown In the Valley

Spottswood at Rockbridge County. Who ya got and why?
It looks like it should be a good one. Spotswood has beaten everyone on their schedule like they were supposed to, only struggling with ER. I think SW was without their starting QB at that time. RB has probably played a tougher schedule such as WF, Christiansburg, and FD. They lost to WF and that might turn into a bad loss by year's end because they have lost 3 straight since beating RB. SW has beaten RB 3 times in the past 2 years and RB has really had no answer for them on defense. RB seems to be playing better on defense this year and has a running game to control the clock and take pressure off of the QB. The RB QB can throw the ball really well but is a sophomore and will make bad decisions and poor throws at times. Look for SW to hurry him up quiet a bit. I think SW will be the best team that RB has played this year and RB will be the best team SW has played to date. I will take RB in this one but won't be surprised if SW wins by more than 2 scores.

Rc by 14, spotswood will not stop the run, or the pass this year. I have watch both teams and Rc looks tuff all around.
Spotswood dominated Rockbridge on both sides of the ball. Rockbridge was way over matched. It was 28-3 after 1st quarter and SW could do anything they wanted and Rockbridge could do absolutely nothing after the first drive. Waynesboro and Broadway should be wins for Rockbridge but TA and Harrisonburg will be difficult. Another 6-4 or possible 7-3 season for the Wildcats. They are not ready to beat playoff caliber teams with the defense they have. People can blame the QB all you want but if you don’t get stronger up front on both sides of the ball, and learn how to tackle, you won’t win against good teams.
I was very impressed with Spotswood. Their line played great and the RB ran well. The QB looked good and Smith the WR is a match up problem for any DB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT