ADVERTISEMENT

Sleeper Teams?????????

VaSportsJunky

Silver Member
Aug 5, 2024
Just to spark some convo, are there any teams out there that are sleeper teams who could potentially make some noise and upset some of the usual suspects like Essex, Galax, Honaker, and Altavista?

I really only follow Region A & B and would love to have the insight of others. Maybe out in Region A Westmoreland can turn things around from last year. Maybe West Point & Northumberland can change their fortune and finally knock off Essex.

As far as Region B, I see the biggest threat to Altavista being Brunswick then followed by William Campbell/Sussex.

Chime in folks!!!

The fighting blues will give GW, Fort Chiswell, Giles, Bath, anybody that wants it all they can handle and more.

Other sleepers or teams that intrigue me based on the offseason:

Rye Cove- Can we even consider them a sleeper anymore?

Chilhowie- Could end up upsetting RC for the title.

Craig- how the hell do they have 34 kids out?

Auburn- just wanted to list them to say LOL

Reactions: VaSportsJunky
The fighting blues will give GW, Fort Chiswell, Giles, Bath, anybody that wants it all they can handle and more.

Other sleepers or teams that intrigue me based on the offseason:

Rye Cove- Can we even consider them a sleeper anymore?

Chilhowie- Could end up upsetting RC for the title.

Craig- how the hell do they have 34 kids out?

Auburn- just wanted to list them to say LOL
Giles is done. Stupid train horn has come to an end after 35 years of success. Coach is old- single wing is trash. Kids don’t wanna come run 2 yards at a time. They wanna throw it and be cool. Hint: Green and Gold what 9 miles apart?

Bath has the best player in district.

Narrows lost there Jesus. Still got 1/2 of Giles kids they will be ok.

Craig- 34 kids. All 8th and 9th grade. lol. I get everyone wants the non athletic schools to win. But ain’t happening. There chance of winning a game MIGHT be east Mont in the pioneer. MIGHT. Ever been to a Craig game? Neither has the community LOL. It’s like walking in a funeral home or court.

PM- there coach is still a rec league coach. There social media looks like there 7 years old. Weak and young.

GW owns the region without a doubt

FC- wanna be GW . No chance

Auburn- all the boys must want to play girl sports. They win in everything else. Not man enough for football. Guess they win state in chess and diving again!

Giles is done. Stupid train horn has come to an end after 35 years of success. Coach is old- single wing is trash. Kids don’t wanna come run 2 yards at a time. They wanna throw it and be cool. Hint: Green and Gold what 9 miles apart?

Bath has the best player in district.

Narrows lost there Jesus. Still got 1/2 of Giles kids they will be ok.

Craig- 34 kids. All 8th and 9th grade. lol. I get everyone wants the non athletic schools to win. But ain’t happening. There chance of winning a game MIGHT be east Mont in the pioneer. MIGHT. Ever been to a Craig game? Neither has the community LOL. It’s like walking in a funeral home or court.

PM- there coach is still a rec league coach. There social media looks like there 7 years old. Weak and young.

GW owns the region without a doubt

FC- wanna be GW . No chance

Auburn- all the boys must want to play girl sports. They win in everything else. Not man enough for football. Guess they win state in chess and diving again!
My train horn will actually be alive and noisy tomorrow, 7pm @ Christiansburg High School. I am curious though since you trashed many teams in 1C, who is your team?

My train horn will actually be alive and noisy tomorrow, 7pm @ Christiansburg High School. I am curious though since you trashed many teams in 1C, who is your team?
Just some blow hard running his mouth . Can't call yourself Single A Fan, but in turn, badmouth just about every team in the region.

sorry I’m a realist. It’s what sports are about. Football has gotten soft so at least talk the trash to hype your team up!
GW the only 1C power house lol

Just some blow hard running his mouth . Can't call yourself Single A Fan, but in turn, badmouth just about every team in the region.
Sure you can! That’s a sports fan! What’s the point to respect every other team? That’s what wrong with this world! It’s nothing personal- just old school smash mouth football talk from back in the day!

Go GW baby!

Speaking of Giles.... Here are 3 other 1A teams that have completely disappeared from contenders the past 10 years .... Surry/Suxxex/Franklin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT