ADVERTISEMENT

Game Recap Smithfield 61, Lake Taylor 60 - Packers Win on Keon Tucker's Buzzer-Beater

Smithfield ended Lake Taylor's 16-game winning streak and stunned the Titans 61-60 on Keon Tucker's buzzer-beater from just beyond half-court.

See footage as well as Video Interviews with Tucker and Head Coach Richard Pullen, plus read more on the game in the Recap below.

Recap Here
Exciting

Hey Matt, what're your thoughts on Hanover? I know they've gotten a pretty lucky schedule to get to this point, but they can't be a legitimate threat, can they?

Hey Matt, what're your thoughts on Hanover? I know they've gotten a pretty lucky schedule to get to this point, but they can't be a legitimate threat, can they?
I think they've definitely gotten better as the year has gone alone. Ryan Payne, the co-Player of the Year in Conference 20 with Monacan's Greg Parham, has really stepped up as a scorer and their go-to guy. They'd be a real threat if Jason Wade - who's at Trinity Episcopal - was still there.

I have a hard time seeing them advance to the Final Four or title game in 4A. Crazier things have happened, but would worry about their overall depth and defense, especially against some of the teams they could draw from 4A-West. Some are similar in areas to the Henrico and Highland Springs' they see during the regular season that give them fits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT