ADVERTISEMENT

SPOTSYLVANIA HOW MUCH MORE CAN WE STAND

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Did the game of the week last night with mike nevell and mike nelms and I saw something that I thought I would never see in a knight team. the team which had little or no chance to beat a great courtland team JUST QUIT! I have tried my hardest to build up my team the boys from post oak by saying they always play hard no matter the score and until last night they did. this is just the second time I have seen them this year one was a scrimmage as doing the tv game I can't follow them like i should! now i'm going to try and be as nice as I can but lets see why this happened!
last night they was the most disorganized team I believe I have ever seen. yes the field was wet but of the 8 fumbles most was caused by their own players. backs were running into each other and going the wrong way. balls were being snapped on the ground and the defense had no interest in tackling any running backs the good first string backs or the third string ones either. courtland never punted and they gave away 21 points on two fumbles in the endzone that spotsy recovered and one on the 15 yard line also recovered by spotsy to stop courtland from scoring. can you imagine the score if that had not happened? now to look at the score you would think jc hall ran up the score but he did anything but! he started putting in the second team qb in the game in the middle of the second quarter and other back ups soon after that and spotsy had no interest in playing that game. no fire no nothing as courtland did just about anything they wanted with hardly any resistence.
I really have come down hard on the head coach and administration but I feel that what is going on out there should be said and this will explain what the problem is. I was called by one of the spotsy parents early last week and told the players were planning a walk out against the coach last week in protest.i went to the jv game Wednesday night and was told that was true but it didn't happen as some of the parents said it would do no good the players would be hurting theirself. I agree with that as that only makes quitters out of players if they did that. still like to get the true facts before I post stuff like this on preps so I talked to some spotsy fans and coaches at the game and was told even some of the coaches had planned to join the players in the walk out. glad it didn't happen but now you know why this team and program is in such shambles!
now I really don't know the spotsy coach all that well but he worked with us in the boosters club when he got hired before we left the boosters club because the way the principal treated me and mr brooks. as the game ended last night I felt sorry for him as you have to give the devil his do as he has worked hard and he has to love the sport as all the losses and the dysfunctional happenings since he took the job out their he has held up like a rock. I would have been in a nut house by now.
the spotsy coach has lost his team and most his coaching staff and I guess the end is near for him. I can't imagine him returning after all this but with that administration out there who knows.its a shame if it ends like this that someone that is dedicated and loves the sport like that would go out like this but I don't see any other alternative.some people are not meant to be head coaches and can't handle people and imo he is like this. now after being told all this it can't be a rumor it is happening out there, players, coaches, teachers and parents have told me the same thing and after the way they played last night how can it be wrong!
in closing let me say this! I am disappointed in the team no matter who the coach is no matter the circumstances. players should play the game as hard as you can as any other way is disrespectful to the game of football. football is like the game of life and when they get out in this cruel world they will run into bosses or if in college professors you will not like but you can't quit everytime it happens you need to suck it up and go. glad they didn't have that walk out that would be a sign of a quitter. yes I feel sorry for the players and fans out their. it has been a long time since all the pride years of tim coleman era of the 90's. as a old spotsy player and alumni I hurt as much as they do. lets hope this will be the straw that breaks the camels back and brighter days are in store for the boys from post oak. any advice from me is you have four games left and no matter who the coach is play those games as hard as you can and be proud to be a knight and know you have done the very best you can. I promise you use this experience you are going through now will make you stronger as you get older in life and quitting you will never be a winner in life. lets hope a change is made and a new era starts next season!
This post was edited on 10/11 3:27 PM by skynard1

why was this game even the game of the week? bias to Courtland?

no cvtv is trying to telecast all the area teams at least 1 time if possible.

One can only hope that Stafford will consider a change too!!

The current regime is in its 9th year, with less than .400 win percentage, and the program is bad as ever, looking at 2nd straight 1-9 season and 5-25 mark in last 3 years. Not even competitive, lost last 3 by 35-0, 35-0 and 31-7. 6A school that lost to KG by 18 (KG!). Other Stafford schools have coaches like Bill Brown, Lou Sorrentino, Tommy Buzzo and Joe Margano - major difference there. Third time since the '70's that the school has given a coach at least 8 years or more with less than a .400 win percentage. I don't expect them to ever be a JM, Courtland, Forge or North Stafford but there is talent that comes through there. Two players currently in the NFL, one current lineman getting big time D-1 school attention, others as well. Gets kind of tiresome especially with no end in sight.

Re: One can only hope that Stafford will consider a change too!!

you would think after all those losing seasons a coach would not enjoy the situation to stay on and resign. i'm sure this is embarrassing to him to have everyone against him especially his players. my father use to say sometime you need to step back before you can move forward. in your case that poor guy don't have a chance.all those Stafford county coaches are either in the hall of fame or should be there. best coaches in the state are in the commonwealth district and their records prove it with the exception of your school Stafford. hate to see anyone lose their job but sometime it is necessary to start a new regime. looks like in our cases the time has come. good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT