ADVERTISEMENT

State 05

Aug 29, 2004
Who do you think will win the Group A State Championship as a Team and Individually.
I would have to go with James River as the team champions and either Jessica Hollandsworth, Sam Bryant, or Jacob Singleton as the individual champion all depending on where state is played.

thats a pretty good prediction... Marshall won't win the region C but he may come out hot in the state tournament and shock some people. That Singleton guy is a good player along with defending champion Jessica Hollandsworth. I guess we will see once the time comes around and I'm a member of the 2004 State Champions Galax. We lost a lot of players next year but will make it to regions and I just hope to make to state as an individual.

James River will own it as a team. I think the course will play a major role in who wins individually. Where the red tees are set will also play a major role. Take nothing away from hollandsworth. She's a hell of a player and deserves all the credit in the world. But some courses play more difficult from the red tees than others. Does anyone have any idea where state is going to be played this year. Region A is hosting i believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT