ADVERTISEMENT

State Champion Pick

Listened to the Galax radio post game show after the Riverheads vs Galax game last season . I would like to know that guys prediction for the finals this coming season . Tried to find a podcast for that game , with no luck . Anyone ?

DinwiddieProud, it is good to hear from you and Blaster. That time of year is just around the corner.
I guess those Generals and Maroons will be loaded again for '17. This should be a good year again
For SWVA teams. I don't know how strong the West will be, but in all probability the same teams
Will be strong again.

What has Coach Mills got for '17.......14-1 will be hard to beat at Dinwiddie. I expect another good run
For the Generals. We all know down here that GW will be loaded again, and this just may be the year
They will win the Big One again.

As for me, my focus at this point in on my son. I will be taking him to Duke soon for test concerning
A tumor on his lung. Please keep him your Prayers. God answers our Prayers, My Friends

Hey Essex Trogan1, did I read it wrong, but did "Big Nasty" transfer from Essex. Tell me
It is not so! My favorite 6' 3" 400 lb OT and DT, or as many would say the right side
Or left side of the line.

I wish you and those Trojans a good year. Keep us all Posted on "Big Nasty ".

I wish your son the best of luck Chilwar. And GW is primed for another deep run its all going to depend on who decides to come out. We can have the same high power deep team as last year only time will tell.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Big Nasty is playing football for St Andrews University this fall. They are a NAIA school in North Carolina and this will be their inaugural season of football.

The player that transferred was rising junior, Adarious Jones. A 6'3" 280 lb defensive end/defensive tackle. He is now at Bishop Sullivan in Virginia Beach. Thus far he has picked up two D1 offers, one from Rutgers and one from Florida Atlantic, and no doubt with 2 seasons left to go he will pick up quite a few more.

Well heck! I thought he had another year. The young man's size and movement impressed
Me. I wish him well in his future endeavors.
Hello Chilwar25. Sorry, I just saw your post. Kwhs95fan answered it for me. Lol. Holmes was more around 350lbs. The other lineman was the 400 plus guy. He quit around game 5. He was dealing with things in his personal life. I heard he was working out a few weeks ago, so I'm guessing he'll be playing this year. Best wishes for your son on his test.

Last edited:
Going back to this coaching issue in general. How is it that any coach who doesn't have the trust and respect of players, parents, fellow coaches, keeps his job? Are administrations scared to make changes? Lots of coaches around who are both respected and trusted. High school athletes deserve this. They put in lots of hard work and practice for the pride of the school, not for money. Just a thought.

Sadly at GW all that matters is Ws and Ls and we don't have many Ls sp he will be in place until he crosses the wrong line

Blaster. I here a couple of kids transferred out or not playing . Any truth to that or just early season rumors???

A little truth in both but it's holes we can fill very well. We have our QB and 3 linemen back. And alot of the core got a lot of play time last year. Walker Nowers is really the only one who is still a question that would take a little punch away. But he has been at practice but there is still some uncertainty from what I'm hearing.

A little truth in both but it's holes we can fill very well. We have our QB and 3 linemen back. And alot of the core got a lot of play time last year. Walker Nowers is really the only one who is still a question that would take a little punch away. But he has been at practice but there is still some uncertainty from what I'm hearing.
I want to say that I had bad info about Walker he hasn't been around at all. So it would appear that he won't be apart of the team sadly.

One or two players lost at single A or gained can really make a difference.Blaster good luck with your Maroons

It really can but I honestly think we'll be ok. We have alot of plug and play players Skeens and Hull will be two edge weapons. And the backfield is loaded again it's all in how well the team comes together. And thanks same to you.

Since I was defiantly feeling State Title 2017, regardless of who the Head Coach was or who played QB. It didn't matter, this year it was going to happen again, and it felt good.

After all the talk about who was there and who was gone, I had to stop by and see what was going on. George Wythe is missing several key underclassman from last year’s team.

I left the high school and I did not feel so good anymore. Personally I was thinking "why would they keep this terrible coach and let their star student athletes leave, if he was indeed the cause to this catastrophe."

"How are they going replace four 1a all-state seniors; Anderson, Moss, Owens, Bishop. Plus #7 and #19, I had heard #19 was playing, but he is not playing for GW. They lost their best two returning talents. No way to overcome these losses, the players just are not there. "

I needed to know more about what had caused this to go this way. So I went and talked to these student athletes to see why they left. What I was told" While we (the coach and player) had our differences he (the coach) did not facture into the decision not to play at GW." That being said....

GW only plays against three give-me’s……this season will be a long one for the roons. Guess we will see how good the Head coach and the QB really are in 2017, but I now feel their season will end in early November and the field they spent all that money on will not make it thru October.

Student Athlete = 4.0+ gpa

From 1st to outside the top ten

Sussex vs Galax

Last edited:
Since I was defiantly feeling State Title 2017, regardless of who the Head Coach was or who played QB. It didn't matter, this year it was going to happen again, and it felt good.

After all the talk about who was there and who was gone, I had to stop by and see what was going on. George Wythe is missing several key underclassman from last year’s team.

I left the high school and I did not feel so good anymore. Personally I was thinking "why would they keep this terrible coach and let their star student athletes leave, if he was indeed the cause to this catastrophe."

"How are they going replace four 1a all-state seniors; Anderson, Moss, Owens, Bishop. Plus #7 and #19, I had heard #19 was playing, but he is not playing for GW. They lost their best two returning talents. No way to overcome these losses, the players just are not there. "

I needed to know more about what had caused this to go this way. So I went and talked to these student athletes to see why they left. What I was told" While we (the coach and player) had our differences he (the coach) did not facture into the decision not to play at GW." That being said....

GW only plays against three give-me’s……this season will be a long one for the roons. Guess we will see how good the Head coach and the QB really are in 2017, but I now feel their season will end in early November and the field they spent all that money on will not make it thru October.

Student Athlete = 4.0+ gpa

From 1st to outside the top ten

Sussex vs Galax
Is any of those not playing at GW possibly at Galax? I saw a young man riding bike with a GW t- shirt near Grayson National bank in Galax. ( might just be or not )

Yeah Pulaski. And I honestly think we will be able to replace everything just fine. Yeah we will be young again but that hasn't been a problem in the past. We will have Skeens and Hull back and our backfield will be very nice a great mix of speed and power running. And 4 of the 5 linemen spots should be solid to no end with 1 ?. So I think GW is a 9-1 10-0 team again. But the season will tell.

Yeah Pulaski. And I honestly think we will be able to replace everything just fine. Yeah we will be young again but that hasn't been a problem in the past. We will have Skeens and Hull back and our backfield will be very nice a great mix of speed and power running. And 4 of the 5 linemen spots should be solid to no end with 1 ?. So I think GW is a 9-1 10-0 team again. But the season will tell.
What about the second season ? If they finish that good who's going to be there ?

We have the role players to do very well and the athletes as well. So when the playoffs come around we will be fine. Thats 10 games to get into the groove. Even if we go 6-4 thats fine Galax did the same and won it all. So i think we will be fine and i think we will have plenty to compete. And yes we've lost some kids but I told everyone with ears that it would happen this year. And the kids left like I said they would but we have always been and will always be a very deep 1A team. The only difference this year is that depth will be young still very talented but young. So that only means good things for the next few years. But if GW is 0-10 at the end of the season then I'll still support them with everything I have in me.

We have the role players to do very well and the athletes as well. So when the playoffs come around we will be fine. Thats 10 games to get into the groove. Even if we go 6-4 thats fine Galax did the same and won it all. So i think we will be fine and i think we will have plenty to compete. And yes we've lost some kids but I told everyone with ears that it would happen this year. And the kids left like I said they would but we have always been and will always be a very deep 1A team. The only difference this year is that depth will be young still very talented but young. So that only means good things for the next few years. But if GW is 0-10 at the end of the season then I'll still support them with everything I have in me.

I guess seeing a kid that good not playing, who could be a plus for the team, I can’t comprehend. I know kids make decisions sometimes for themselves, I also know when kids are choosing their own path unrelated from the one being suggested by adults, it is persistently the wrong turn to make.

To hang it up because they say their heart is not in it, is hard to understand as an adult that would do anything to play their senior year over. Not that I would want to change it, but just to be able to do it again.

They do have a lot of great kids still and I am sure they will be fine. Maybe they will come together, maybe they have the kids to fill in the holes. Maybe they will be better off without these guys that are no longer there. Who knows?

Last edited:
Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
I agree with everything you said we would only be better for having those guys. But they made this choice and the idk if the other kids would want them back at this point anyway. You and I and basically everyone on this site knows that is a brotherhood and you don't break it. And it is very sad that some have walked away they will regret this one day. Most people only get 4 years to play this game some go to the next level. But when it's over no matter if it's 4 year or 40 that is a sad day for us all. But only time will tell what this team is about I think they'll be fine.

Reactions: 2kings4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT