ADVERTISEMENT

STATE GAMES AT LU

LCA has their own Baseball and softball fields, and their own gym. LCA football would not have an advantage playing championship game in LU's stadium. I have seen them lose games on their own field.
The atmosphere of a state championship game is such, that it's a level playing field for both teams, due to the fact that it is turf field, the best locker rooms both team will have probably been in. Plenty of seating on both sides of the field. No one team would have a disadvantage. If you field a kickoff at the one yard line, it's 99 yards to the end zone on the return with no mud on field.
On other side of coin, I have been to LCA road games played on fields not much better than a cow pasture, and LCA still won.[/QUOTE

My point is, if the VHSL had no issues with a team playing on their homefield for the State game they would not have scheduled the games they way they did. So your comments makes no sense. LCA still won on a pasture field probably because they were playing a home school level team. I agree with you on LU being the best venue for a state game, it has the best facility by far, yes field turf but so does Salem and Amherst. Why didn't the VHSL put the 4A games at Salem? Because Salem is in that division, which is my point. Ask most high school football players if playing on their hometurf is not an advantage. It is

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT