ADVERTISEMENT

Statisticians or you numbers folks...

Cats and Dogs

VaPreps Varsity
Sep 20, 2004
Scoring Assists--I know an assist is a pass made to a teammate that leads to a FG. I also know it's also a judgement call by the official scorer. Ive only scored an assist if I know the pass directly led to the FG and the receiver didn't dribble around for 10 seconds then scored. My question is if player A rebounds the ball and immediately hits the outlet player B at half court or beyond that leads to a direct layup by player B would that be considered an assist?

Scoring Assists--I know an assist is a pass made to a teammate that leads to a FG. I also know it's also a judgement call by the official scorer. Ive only scored an assist if I know the pass directly led to the FG and the receiver didn't dribble around for 10 seconds then scored. My question is if player A rebounds the ball and immediately hits the outlet player B at half court or beyond that leads to a direct layup by player B would that be considered an assist?

Yes. If a pass leads to a direct layup and no other basketball related moves its an assist. Like a player cherry picking at half court team rebounds and then throws it down for a layup. That's an assist.

Yes. If a pass leads to a direct layup and no other basketball related moves its an assist. Like a player cherry picking at half court team rebounds and then throws it down for a layup. That's an assist.

Thank you! I was thinking it was but not 100% sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT