ADVERTISEMENT

Staunton River hires new coach

So let me get this straight. The only 3 games the golden eagles were competitive in last year were the games they scored 27+ points.

The only thing that made them competitive at all was their offense. So the first thing the new coach does is install a new offense?

What the heck is going on in Moneta, have they lost their minds? The most prolific offense in school history and they try to change things up?

0 and 10 for the foreseeable future here we come.....

Reactions: Senex
I agree with oldsport74. You could have put Overstreet Jones and tester(along with line) and won in any offense system. I don’t know anything about the single wing but I could have coached those boys to a undefeated season. The coaches were just along for the ride. Players win ball games not coaches or schemes. SR just had a great group of players. Now this conversation is over let’s talk about heritage winning back to back championships(something that matters).

The new coach emphasized the weight room in his interview. Have they had good numbers in the weight room so far?

Who else is on staff. Someone said staff coming together. What are the levels of experience? Since new guy is young and relatively inexperienced hopefully he can find some assistants with some varsity coaching and coordinating experience Anyone know?

Hope they do well this year except the Appomattox game.

I agree with oldsport74. You could have put Overstreet Jones and tester(along with line) and won in any offense system. I don’t know anything about the single wing but I could have coached those boys to a undefeated season. The coaches were just along for the ride. Players win ball games not coaches or schemes. SR just had a great group of players. Now this conversation is over let’s talk about heritage winning back to back championships(something that matters).
The new staff agrees with you.

The new coach emphasized the weight room in his interview. Have they had good numbers in the weight room so far?
A middle school parent with friends in their booster club works with me and she said they have had 10 or less. Hopefully this is because they have so many involved in other sports. She said they are also asking questions about why the middle school kids are not being allowed to participate. Apparently, the last few years they were heavily involved but are now excluded. I dont know how much middle school kids are (or should be) involved. Anyone know what other programs are doing? How does Heritage do it Pioneer4life?

A middle school parent with friends in their booster club works with me and she said they have had 10 or less. Hopefully this is because they have so many involved in other sports. She said they are also asking questions about why the middle school kids are not being allowed to participate. Apparently, the last few years they were heavily involved but are now excluded. I dont know how much middle school kids are (or should be) involved. Anyone know what other programs are doing? How does Heritage do it Pioneer4life?
Salem has the MSers working out over at the HS. I don't know what the participation numbers are like, but part of Salem's success over the years IMO is that very approach- 1 system, 1 team.

Wow what a tough Schedule SR has next year. However I would say the lack of support these new coaches will receive from the Admin will be their biggest hurdle. Heard he is going to JF anyway so it won’t matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT