ADVERTISEMENT

Staunton River VS Heritage

Aug 14, 2017
The game we all wanted. Ali vs Frazier. The game to shut someone's mouth. This game in my opinion determines the state championship! Next Saturday in the eagles nest down down old 24. Pioneerfan...... come sit with me and ol Chuck. I'm offering hot chocolate, hand warmers, padded seat, heck even Kleenex for afterwards. In all seriousness THIS IS NOT A CHARITY GAME. Hoping for a thriller!

The game we all wanted. Ali vs Frazier. The game to shut someone's mouth. This game in my opinion determines the state championship! Next Saturday in the eagles nest down down old 24. Pioneerfan...... come sit with me and ol Chuck. I'm offering hot chocolate, hand warmers, padded seat, heck even Kleenex for afterwards. In all seriousness THIS IS NOT A CHARITY GAME. Hoping for a thriller!
I think your spot on with the championship being decided in this game alone.... The other side has 2 teams that have been trampled more than a few times each, this year...My guess is Hopewell will come out of the other side...

Not trying to be funny but game will be over at halftime. Heritage will win big.
You may not be trying to be funny, but you are. You think that about every team Heritage plays. You thought that about Glass and you thought that about JF. We know how that went down. This ain't no soft ass spread offense. You gonna have to earn this W.

Not trying to be funny but game will be over at halftime. Heritage will win big.
The win tonight for Heritage was definetly not in Heritage's favor... Brookville curled up and died out there...This will be a physical game... who wears down who first... And in no way, will this game be over at the half... Mark it in your diary...This will be a 21-14 game EITHER WAY...Temperatures are cold around here now... And all those high scoring shootouts are just about done...

Reactions: Chucksteel72
This will be over real soon, great game tonight heritage, ring it up.. They will take the river rats down.. And hopewell will not be a factor.. If they keep running the work horse in #11 they will be good.

If SR was to put 9 in the box, they would shut Davis down completely... He's a knifer... Every play tonight, Davis only had to make one man miss and he was off to the races...

If Heritage put 9 in the box, would they shut down Overstreet? Hmmm... I don't think they would...

This game will be won by the coach that prepares his team best for a physical game.

Last edited:
If SR was to put 9 in the box, they would shut Davis down completely... He's a knifer... Every play tonight, Davis only had to make one man miss and he was off to the races...

If Heritage put 9 in the box, would they shut down Overstreet? Hmmm... I don't think they would...
Brookville tried 9 in the box and got a big pass play thrown on them then abandoned it. Heritage quietly throws the ball well. 2 passing TD's to go along with the slew of TD's from Davis.

This game will be won by the coach that prepares his team best for a physical game.
Don’t think Coach Bradley won’t have his team prepared. He is well accustomed to championship football. In my opinion, one of the best to ever do it. He gets the most out of his players every night and that is what it takes to get rings.

This game will not be over with at halftime. I have some thoughts about the way Brookville played tonight that factored into how bad this was. I won't use them as an excuse because heritage was the better team and would have won regardless of how they played. The lopsided score was on Brookville and that's disappointing to me. They are better than that. Staunton River has been here before and will not lay down and give heritage the game. It should be classic.

SRHS has an offense that’s designed to play ball control football and if you miss an assignment it’s going to cost you big. They have a hammer in overstreet and two other backs to complement him very nicely, I believe all 3 have eclipsed the 1000 yd mark at some point in a season in their careers together. If they keep the pioneer offense off the field they can dictate the outcome, defensively I’m unaware of what they do or how they do it but i believe they can be scored on but be prepared for some smash mouth hits. The key on defense will
Be wrapping Davis up and getting multiple hats to the football. Heritage offense is not used to grinding out long drives.

Heritage offense is riding a Ferrari in 1a 1a, but the offense around him is not as bare of vanilla as it’s made out to be. If they put up a couple of quick scores it will be tough for SRHS to get in a shootout and expect to win, not saying they can’t but I believe heritage has more athletes across the board and in a track meet it suits their offense more. Defensively they must stay at home and get the river behind the sticks, if they have to throw it or are in long situations it’s tougher.

Should be a good game but I think the Eagles pull out one if it’s in moneta.

Don’t think Coach Bradley won’t have his team prepared. He is well accustomed to championship football. In my opinion, one of the best to ever do it. He gets the most out of his players every night and that is what it takes to get rings.
Not a Bradley fan but he does get it done and the players like and respect him

This will be over real soon, great game tonight heritage, ring it up.. They will take the river rats down.. And hopewell will not be a factor.. If they keep running the work horse in #11 they will be good.
Come on now, name calling kids, let’s be adults

Come on now, name calling kids, let’s be adults
It's all good Wikki. Staunton River folks are accustomed to being called River Rats. Some may take offense. I don't. When I was a young man attending Liberty high school, I myself referred to the SR people as river rats. Even though I had many friends there. Now that my 2 sons have graduated from SR, I consider myself one lol. Been Black and Gold for 10 year's now.

Reactions: wikki
Brookville tried 9 in the box and got a big pass play thrown on them then abandoned it. Heritage quietly throws the ball well. 2 passing TD's to go along with the slew of TD's from Davis.
The Bees did not have 9 in the box when they hit the big pass in the 1st quarter... They were in a 4-3 and both DBs played off the front and still got burnt... But you are talking about Brookville, so that explains it... They got worse and worse as the season went on...

Brookville has always played preventive football.... On both sides of the ball... And it just ended their season...

Dang! Sure wish this was Friday night. I'm sure some Appo folks would attend but we will be playing Saturday.
No distance between the two schools, could easily be played Friday and help gate at both schools (which the VHSL gets all of anyway.......).

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
I still would take my chances on loading up to stop Davis and make them beat you throwing on 3rd and long.
The Bees did not have 9 in the box when they hit the big pass in the 1st quarter... They were in a 4-3 and both DBs played off the front and still got burnt... But you are talking about Brookville, so that explains it... They got worse and worse as the season went on...

Brookville has always played preventive football.... On both sides of the ball... And it just ended their season...
Brookville did attempted to stack the box that play, that was the game plan going in, to stop the run. They had to react to Heritage bunch formation, they got burned on the play action pass. Brookville had 5 on the line, maybe 4-3 split or stack having walked the outside backer up but both ends were standing, one safty high, safty # 11 mirrored #4 but he went in motion and took him out out the play. One coner played bump the backside corner played a soft man. Their intention was to stop the run but Heritage sets pulled someone out of the box most of the time. I have seen Brookville play more than once this year. Brookville normally plays a soft man on the edges and blitz the the backers quite a bit throughout the year. That is NOT a preventive defense.

Last edited:
Brookville was no where near as physical as Heritage in the box. Not just at the linemen level but the Heritage backers were much more physical than the Bville linebackers. Next week will be interesting. Wish I would have seen the scrimmage game earlier this year, Much has changed sense then. Going to be a great game. Both coaching staffs will have their work cut for them this week

Dang! Sure wish this was Friday night. I'm sure some Appo folks would attend but we will be playing Saturday.
No distance between the two schools, could easily be played Friday and help gate at both schools (which the VHSL gets all of anyway.......).
VHSL dictates state semifinal and finals dates. They’ve been on Saturday for a long time now.

Reactions: oldfool
It's all good Wikki. Staunton River folks are accustomed to being called River Rats. Some may take offense. I don't. When I was a young man attending Liberty high school, I myself referred to the SR people as river rats. Even though I had many friends there. Now that my 2 sons have graduated from SR, I consider myself one lol. Been Black and Gold for 10 year's now.
Back in the day at my years at Amherst High school when we played Glass they called us River Rats or rednecks. If I had my choice I would take the Country any day. The thing about the County or small towns, we support our teams no matter what and they don’t. Look at Heritage, fan support very poor. I’m pulling for SR and might make the game

Brookville did attempted to stack the box that play, that was the game plan going in, to stop the run. They had to react to Heritage bunch formation, they got burned on the play action pass. Brookville had 5 on the line, maybe 4-3 split or stack having walked the outside backer up but both ends were standing, one safty high, safty # 11 mirrored #4 but he went in motion and took him out out the play. One coner played bump the backside corner played a soft man. Their intention was to stop the run but Heritage sets pulled someone out of the box most of the time. I have seen Brookville play more than once this year. Brookville normally plays a soft man on the edges and blitz the the backers quite a bit throughout the year. That is NOT a preventive defense.
I have seen the Bees play every game this year.... And just like clockwork, they play with their foot on the brake.... Same shotgun snap handoff that takes a year to get out of the backfield... Dont think I have seen a trick play but once all season... As for defense, like a rubber band that snaps at the end...They were one of the softest teams we have had at Brookville in the last 20 years...

And as for the label the Bees got this year... Great QB, but nothing else... Well, Bernard was far from a great QB... Any QB that thinks he has a fortnight in the gun to throw the ball, is sadly wrong... Bernard did that nearly every play...

And I said preventive football... not preventive defense...

Last edited:
I have seen the Bees play every game this year.... And just like clockwork, they play with their foot on the brake.... Same shotgun snap handoff that takes a year to get out of the backfield... Dont think I have seen a trick play but once all season... As for defense, like a rubber band that snaps at the end...They were one of the softest teams we have had at Brookville in the last 20 years...

And as for the label the Bees got this year... Great QB, but nothing else... Well, Bernard was far from a great QB... Any QB that thinks he has a fortnight in the gun to throw the ball, is sadly wrong... Bernard did that nearly every play...

My mistake.. Offensively Brookville took its shots downfield but I agree with you. I thought they were fair predictable this year, don't know if the injuries limited what they could do on Offense. Overall they shown a lot of heart to squeak out some of the wins they had despite the injuries. 10-3 is nothing to be ashamed of. I think they only loose 6 Sr's or something like that. They should be pretty tough next year.

The bigger, faster, stronger team will win this Saturday. SR is none of the 3. Like I said earlier this year, SR does not stand a chance in this game. This game will be ugly. Heritage heading to Williamsburg!

Reactions: MaroonandGold29
The bigger, faster, stronger team will win this Saturday. SR is none of the 3. Like I said earlier this year, SR does not stand a chance in this game. This game will be ugly. Heritage heading to Williamsburg!
How did a team like JF take Heritage to the wire? If they are so superior. Seems to me that game should've been ugly. But they put up 38 on Heritages defense. Without their top quarterback and top 2 running backs. Your total disrespect of an undefeated team is amazing to me. Sad thing is, if SR wins you'll never return to the message board. If SR loses and it's close you still won't give them credit for playing a great game and you'll dismiss the fact that you called for a blowout by saying "a wins a win". With that said I'm expecting a good game. Possibly a high scoring game that could come down to the last possession. I'm also sure that you are the type that if SR wins, you will end up pulling for Hopewell or James Monroe in the championship. For me if Heritage wins, I will pull for Heritage despite you making that hard for me to do.

Chucksteel I ate crow when we lost to ec glass and you gave it to me pretty good. If SR plays well, I will give them credit but I just don't feel they can win. I feel this is the state championship game. I will say the same thing I said before, the west is going to win it. If SR upsets heritage, I will go for the west team because this side of the state does not get the respect it deserves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT