ADVERTISEMENT

Sussex vs Riverheads

Oct 23, 2016
This will be a blow out ...Sussex is no match for RHS...good luck to both teams and an injury free game...I look for GW to be the favorite next season....been a great year for high school football ...but bring the trophy to Greenville tonight

If Sussex can pass they might be able to play with Riverheads. They say Sussex has a great D so if they can slow Riverheads down and pass the ball they might just surprise some people. But make no mistake about it you better have a great D if you're going to shut down the so called rec league O.

Lur
Wow, you apparently haven't watched Sussex on film. They are legit and this will be a test for both teams.
Luray played and lost to both of them,and in my opinion Riverheads seemed to be more machine like and never missed an assignment,And Sussix defense was awesome,Riverheads is going to keep coming,up to Sussix to bend but don't break,I'll say Riverheads will win.

Was amazed with what I seen from Riverheads today but anyone that can hold GW to 7 must be legit. Can't wait for next week

Not so fast my friends. Sussex's defense will cancel out the offense of Riverheads. Galax wouldn't have beat any team in the playoffs today. Just wasn't their day. The best offense vs the best defense, guess who wins? The defense does. The question is, can Sussex throw the ball well enough to score some points. I think so. Riverheads did an excellent job of shutting down Galax and the running game. Galax did have success throwing the ball, even tho they aren't a passing team. So I'm thinking Sussex will win this game with their stellar defense and find a way to put points on the board with the passing game. Just my thoughts but who cares, I was wrong about everything I said about who was going to win today. And that's why they play the game.

Not so fast my friends. Sussex's defense will cancel out the offense of Riverheads. Galax wouldn't have beat any team in the playoffs today. Just wasn't their day. The best offense vs the best defense, guess who wins? The defense does. The question is, can Sussex throw the ball well enough to score some points. I think so. Riverheads did an excellent job of shutting down Galax and the running game. Galax did have success throwing the ball, even tho they aren't a passing team. So I'm thinking Sussex will win this game with their stellar defense and find a way to put points on the board with the passing game. Just my thoughts but who cares, I was wrong about everything I said about who was going to win today. And that's why they play the game.
RHS ALSO HAS A STELLAR D

Sussex plays Tidewater style football and Riverheads plays , well Riverheads football ! Imo , Galax just was not ready for what was put on their plate . This game was a lot like those teams you play twice the same year . Its hard to beat that team the 2nd time . Galax is better than they the score . Sussex will be a real problem for Riverheads . They play a totally different style of ball and with their speed and size will stop a lot of what RHS will try to do . A lot of people think , just give the trophy to Riverheads . I do not think so . This game will come down to who wants it the most ! Temps on Saturday not above freezing , turnovers , and the ability to run what you are good at will decide who wins . Good luck to both teams .
Galax is a class act . Great fans nice folks that love their MT Football .

Listen Riverheads has had our respect since the start of the year. They put up crazy numbers this year. I just hope its a good game.

Reactions: oldballcoach13
I THINK I SAID THAT but Galax isn't as fast as Sussex. You have to keep that in mind. Don't think that the way you beat Galax will equate to the Sussex game. It want.
They have been slow all year but they have beaten every mistake prone fast team they have faced,easily.

Sussex plays Tidewater style football and Riverheads plays , well Riverheads football ! Imo , Galax just was not ready for what was put on their plate . This game was a lot like those teams you play twice the same year . Its hard to beat that team the 2nd time . Galax is better than they the score . Sussex will be a real problem for Riverheads . They play a totally different style of ball and with their speed and size will stop a lot of what RHS will try to do . A lot of people think , just give the trophy to Riverheads . I do not think so . This game will come down to who wants it the most ! Temps on Saturday not above freezing , turnovers , and the ability to run what you are good at will decide who wins . Good luck to both teams .
Galax is a class act . Great fans nice folks that love their MT Football .

Dang...Xcross giving credit??? This makes me nervous lol

Lets put an end to GW coaching circus ! Sussex has two small lineman from what I hear. This could be a problem for them . Just saying , RHS has some beef up front and the way I see it there is a miss match here ! Anybody ??????

Lets put an end to GW coaching circus ! Sussex has two small lineman from what I hear. This could be a problem for them . Just saying , RHS has some beef up front and the way I see it there is a miss match here ! Anybody ??????

LOL..good ole Xcross. Mismatch or not Sussex is elated to be in the championship game. What happens, happens...

I think Riverheads tight end is the biggest player on their team. Their line will not be like GW. They will fire off fast and low with a whole convoy of lead blockers. Sussex has been an underdog with an undefeated record if that's possible. Riverheads and Sussex are eerily similar in a lot of ways IMO. I didn't know if Sussex had enough fire power on offense to make this run, especially take down the best GW team ever...but they kept fighting and found ways to prevail. I think Riverheads' defense is just as good as Sussex's defense and I would give an advantage to Riverheads' offense by a good amount. If Sussex is able to keep it extremely low scoring then they have a shot. Galax was able to do it last year. Sussex will have a hard time finding points against Riverheads' defense, so I see this one going to Riverheads. I hope I am wrong though, finish the perfect season Tigers!!! Good luck to both teams!

I think Riverheads tight end is the biggest player on their team. Their line will not be like GW. They will fire off fast and low with a whole convoy of lead blockers. Sussex has been an underdog with an undefeated record if that's possible. Riverheads and Sussex are eerily similar in a lot of ways IMO. I didn't know if Sussex had enough fire power on offense to make this run, especially take down the best GW team ever...but they kept fighting and found ways to prevail. I think Riverheads' defense is just as good as Sussex's defense and I would give an advantage to Riverheads' offense by a good amount. If Sussex is able to keep it extremely low scoring then they have a shot. Galax was able to do it last year. Sussex will have a hard time finding points against Riverheads' defense, so I see this one going to Riverheads. I hope I am wrong though, finish the perfect season Tigers!!! Good luck to both teams!

Good post...I do however hope my Tigers can pull it out! It would be big for the community. Sussex hasn't won or appeared in the title game since 2003

ole Xcross Xcross Xcross...Man im proud of you Xcross...you have really been making sense lately bc im tired of the GW mutiny and craziness myself. We can discuss the great and amazing GW next year. Now you do realize everybody said the same thing about the little lineman from Sussex last week. If you watch the film those little guys squeeze through and before you know it they have you by the ankles. I have been hearing you guys were predicting a win...something like riverheads 42 sussex 0

#88 had a good game at Galax but that's not what you normally see . I think is medeoker at best . Is medeoker a word ? What I am saying is most of the time he is Soft ! He does not play up to his ability ! Some of his team mates may play the same way ! We will fine out soon !

#88 had a good game at Galax but that's not what you normally see . I think is medeoker at best . Is medeoker a word ? What I am saying is most of the time he is Soft ! He does not play up to his ability ! Some of his team mates may play the same way ! We will fine out soon !
pssshhh...you are talking silly again. Nothing soft about either of these teams.

Xcross is trying to pull one over on us...#88 is a man. The film doesnt lie. Lol. Nice try xcross. Xcross Xcross good ole Xcross.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT