ADVERTISEMENT

T.J. Rohrbaugh named Sherando fb coach

schoolboard

VaPreps All District
Oct 21, 2006
Outstanding hire. I predict he will get Sherando back to where it used to be.

HUGE upgrade for the Warriors! And he's 100% a Sherando guy!
@New Guy 17 @Scalvinscaliwag @schoolboard thanks for the information guys. I am glad each of you are pleased with the hire. For those like me who follow Sherando Football, but have no clue about the inner workings could you provide some additional information on the new coach and explain the statement "he is a 100% Sherando guy". Thanks in advance.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Played at Sherando. Was the DC for years while Hall was Head Coach. Playing and coaching in many regional and State playoff games . Extremely well thought of Coach that has roots at the school, only left to pursue his Master degree and further his educational opportunities. He left his AD job to come back to Sherando to Coach the football team., and now will have the opportunity in a few years to apply for the AD job at SHS when the current retires soon. TJ is a very hard worker and the kids love him. And to the poster a couple of weeks ago that thought they knew something about Sherando football stating that the job wasn’t as special as it used to be . There was no less than 20 applicants for this job, so I would say somebody wanted the job for sure . And some fine coaches applied for this head coaching job.. And ask yourself a question , West of the blue ridge from Winchester down 81 South to let’s say Lexington , how many teams have won more games than Sherando in the last 20 years . Not many If any .
Outstanding hire for Sherando. Couldn’t be better.

Thanks @Scalvinscaliwag. That's exactly the analysis I was looking for. Seems like things may be looking up for Sherando. Since you brought it up, I thought I would quickly look it up. In the past 10 years Sherando is 80-32, .714 win %, and has not had a losing regular season. The Warriors did finish the 2021 season 5-6 after losing in the first round of the playoffs. Due to some recent down years (Sherando expectations) I understand the excitement. A lot of teams would die to have that winning percentage.

Back when he was fresh out of college, he interviewed for a job in our county and he was very impressive back then, and he still is.

Reactions: Scalvinscaliwag
Congrats TJ! Been trying to lure him over to Loudoun for years. Good luck to Coach and the Warriors.

Played at Sherando. Was the DC for years while Hall was Head Coach. Playing and coaching in many regional and State playoff games . Extremely well thought of Coach that has roots at the school, only left to pursue his Master degree and further his educational opportunities. He left his AD job to come back to Sherando to Coach the football team., and now will have the opportunity in a few years to apply for the AD job at SHS when the current retires soon. TJ is a very hard worker and the kids love him. And to the poster a couple of weeks ago that thought they knew something about Sherando football stating that the job wasn’t as special as it used to be . There was no less than 20 applicants for this job, so I would say somebody wanted the job for sure . And some fine coaches applied for this head coaching job.. And ask yourself a question , West of the blue ridge from Winchester down 81 South to let’s say Lexington , how many teams have won more games than Sherando in the last 20 years . Not many If any .
Outstanding hire for Sherando. Couldn’t be better.
162-63 in the last 20 years - a .720 winning percentage. And Smith lost 11 of those games the last 2 years. Rohrbaugh has more roots to that program than anyone other than maybe the AD Barbe who has been there since the beginning. You have to think that TJ is 100% the AD in waiting. He's already putting together an All-Star staff. Virginia Tech HOFer and NFL player Ben Taylor is the new OC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT