ADVERTISEMENT

Take a beating with class.

FORT89

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 5, 2012
WOW!!! I truly didn’t expect this from Giles fans. Looks like y’all didn’t bring the whole bucket of wings, only a single wing. I think it’s time to move to the double or triple wing.

Keep showing your true colors. Time will tell, which way the chicken wing is heading. We all know what happens when you eat chicken wings. They turn to ....

If you giles fans really knew what a Spartan was, you wouldn’t be on here acting like an a$$. GO WATCH THE REAL GILES COUNTY TEAM ON SATURDAY!!!!

Your one came on here running your mouth lol. How many rocks has your offense got you pal? Lol. We do just fine with ours, we have 4

The only rocks you have are in your head. Enjoy them now because it’s about to crumble in spartan land. It’s gonna suck for y’all when narz is the best team in Giles county. Maybe they will combine the two schools and let y’all play football at Narrows. I bet it’s killing y’all, knowing Narrows is the best football team in that county.

Lol, yeah that's why we whipped their tails just like we did the Fort. Not worried about our team either. We are young and have plenty of talent returning. Oh and one more thing I'm from Narrows and want to see them win it all. Good luck to you in Basketball ball loser

To try and steer this in a new direction, how should a team handle getting plowed in playoffs?
I'm torn. I was kinda disappointed in how Marion kept attacking the second and third string guys on defense for Union last night, and the Canes starting D was laying some wood to the bottom of bench for Bears and I thought it was a little unnecessary.

But once I think about it, how do you handle that? Do you really take your seniors off the field in their last game? Do you do it like baseball, give them a curtain call? Send the starters out, then at once sub in the back ups letting the starters get a big round of applause?
I'm honestly curious as to how most feel.

You calling me a loser and you’ve been crying all night about not having enough wings in the bucket to beat APPO!!!! You funny boy you. Better bring the whole bucket in basketball. Bahahaha

To try and steer this in a new direction, how should a team handle getting plowed in playoffs?
I'm torn. I was kinda disappointed in how Marion kept attacking the second and third string guys on defense for Union last night, and the Canes starting D was laying some wood to the bottom of bench for Bears and I thought it was a little unnecessary.

But once I think about it, how do you handle that? Do you really take your seniors off the field in their last game? Do you do it like baseball, give them a curtain call? Send the starters out, then at once sub in the back ups letting the starters get a big round of applause?
Play until the game is over, weather it be starters or not. The back ups want be back ups forever. Just my opinion

I have officially seen it all now...a fort Chiswell moron talking shit to giles fans lol...1 week after we ended their season with their own player doing it hahaha

4>ZERO...That's titles pal

Go jump on that narz bandwagon they are right up your alley

Play until the game is over, weather it be starters or not. The back ups want be back ups forever. Just my opinion

What does that mean? Not trying to be a dick but I don't understand what you're trying to say. Leave the starters in and let them finish the game?

I think it’s one of the hardest things in regards to football cause there is no right answer. Personally, I think the winning team decides when to sub out in massive blowouts and when they do I am totally fine with the losing team 1’s staying in for a score or so against the 2’s etc depending on how bad the blowout is. However, I don’t like when the losing school keeps their 1s in versus another’s 2/3’s for 3/4 multiple series in a row.
Like I said-no right answer but just my opinion.

Reactions: BigWinners
Not even from Giles but....Fort Chiswell the ghetto of Wythe.Co what a joke of a place in general

I think it’s one of the hardest things in regards to football cause there is no right answer. Personally, I think the winning team decides when to sub out in massive blowouts and when they do I am totally fine with the losing team 1’s staying in for a score or so against the 2’s etc depending on how bad the blowout is. However, I don’t like when the losing school keeps their 1s in versus another’s 2/3’s for 3/4 multiple series in a row.
Like I said-no right answer but just my opinion.

I tend to feel mostly the same way. But again, I can see the other side of letting your seniors finish their final game.
I'm glad someone else agrees it's a tricky situation with no right answers. FTR, I was referring to Marion-Union, Bears up 49-7 in the 4th after leading 42-7 at break.

Reactions: BullRunFootball
I tend to feel mostly the same way. But again, I can see the other side of letting your seniors finish their final game.
I'm glad someone else agrees it's a tricky situation with no right answers. FTR, I was referring to Marion-Union, Bears up 49-7 in the 4th after leading 42-7 at break.
Correct and then the senior thing is a whole different animal. It’s hard to to take those kids off field for their last few min of football for the rest of their lives. Basketball and baseball are totally different as there more stoppages and dead time for curtain calls etc.

Reactions: BigWinners
Correct and then the senior thing is a whole different animal. It’s hard to to take those kids off field for their last few min of football for the rest of their lives. Basketball and baseball are totally different as there more stoppages and dead time for curtain calls etc.

I didn't even consider the stoppages and dead time point, good call. I guess you could take a time out and give the units a curtain call of sorts but it'd be much harder to pull off.

It was just a situation that in the moment, I had one opinion and after some time to think I realized where I may have not taken all variables into account.

I didn't even consider the stoppages and dead time point, good call. I guess you could take a time out and give the units a curtain call of sorts but it'd be much harder to pull off.

It was just a situation that in the moment, I had one opinion and after some time to think I realized where I may have not taken all variables into account.
BTW-good luck to Union (I believe you follow them) as that Saturday 2 years ago up at Clarke in the state semis is/was what high school football is all about. By far the greatest atmosphere I’ve seen by 2 communities and you guys had to travel 6/7 hours. I know that I personally follow and root for you guys down in Southwest Va. and hopefully one day we can have round 2. Good luck the rest of the way.

BTW-good luck to Union (I believe you follow them) as that Saturday 2 years ago up at Clarke in the state semis is/was what high school football is all about. By far the greatest atmosphere I’ve seen by 2 communities and you guys had to travel 6/7 hours. I know that I personally follow and root for you guys down in Southwest Va. and hopefully one day we can have round 2. Good luck the rest of the way.

Damnit man why you gotta remind me of the Clarke game!?!?! lolol
The fans showed up, the team never did lol.

But sincerely thank you for your kind words and I'm sure Clarke will again be near the top of Region B next year. Tough luck but great season nonetheless.

I have officially seen it all now...a fort Chiswell moron talking shit to giles fans lol...1 week after we ended their season with their own player doing it hahaha

Just think what you would’ve been without him. Chicken shat. LoL!! He’s a great kid and player. A lot more class in him than all of Giles. Especially you boy!! Take it like man, we didn’t get on preps after RB beat us. Great job kid, your the best. We will be cheering for you in basketball, I know all people from gales aren’t like this boy.

Just think what you would’ve been without him. Chicken shat. LoL!! He’s a great kid and player. A lot more class in him than all of Giles. Especially you boy!! Take it like man, we didn’t get on preps after RB beat us. Great job kid, your the best. We will be cheering for you in basketball, I know all people from gales aren’t like this boy.

You started it tool and now you can go check out your state titles at your school...oh wait hahaha

Write this down, Giles will never win another title with that gimmick offense. You heard it hear first. 10 years from now you will be saying the same old crap. We won 4 rocks and I wasn’t apart of any of those teams kids, your daddy played the meat flute in High School. I just dropped the mic on your DA!! LoL

Write this down, Giles will never win another title with that gimmick offense. You heard it hear first. 10 years from now you will be saying the same old crap. We won 4 rocks and I wasn’t apart of any of those teams kids, your daddy played the meat flute in High School. I just dropped the mic on your DA!! LoL

Sorry you must be like 8 years old...carry on loser

Hey dipshit dumbass. Giles is legit. You are mere nothing. FT Chiswell has had one good team in history. It was soft as you.

Hey dipshit dumbass. Giles is legit. You are mere nothing. FT Chiswell has had one good team in history. It was soft as you.
Bahahaha. The power va preps gives some people. Giles is something that rhymes with legit. Any guesses???

maybe not so much in the play0ffs, but I've seen situations in some of the smaller A and AA schools in SWVA where they simply don't have the numbers to pull 11 guys off the field and replace them with another 11. Sometimes your starting tight end is your 2nd team fullback. Things such as that keep better players on the field. Same thing with injuries, one guy goes down, you may have 3 guys switch positions with a sub coming in not to replace the injured guy, but replacing one of the ones that moved. I noticed this in a game a few years back as the fans were accusing the leading team of running up the score although they had made lots of substitutions and had guys playing different positions

Don’t worry dude......VT’s never won a Title either.....LOL

Reactions: FORT89

Couldn't agree more. I loved the games Stuarts Draft had with Union, one at each place. Great atmosphere and them along with Richlands bring a crowd. I didn't enjoy the drive to BSG but loved the stadium

That was a GREAT day of football! I'll never forget seeing the "Running of the Bears"!!

Oh for pete's sake, grow up or get off the boards.

Oh for pete's sake, grow up or get off the boards.
My name isn’t Pete and like that’s going to happen just because you said it. Maybe you can run outside and yell the sky is falling and it will happen just because Clarke said it is. The power of ones mind.

Totally agree, it only appears to me that someone got very upset they went home in the first round.
And someone got even more upset they got beat down in the second. Is it worse to get beat in the 1st or 2nd round? Just wondering. You are probably really upset Narrows is still playing and well you know the rest. I hope I see a lot of red in Narrows on Saturday.

And someone got even more upset they got beat down in the second. Is it worse to get beat in the 1st or 2nd round? Just wondering. You are probably really upset Narrows is still playing and well you know the rest. I hope I see a lot of red in Narrows on Saturday.
None of your post even make sense. One if Narrows does not play Giles i pull for them. Second Narrows got spanked by Giles 35 to 0. Keep winning Narrows, makes Giles look even better. I'm just trying to go back and see what triggered your emotions on the Giles hate. I have never seen you act this way before, but then again your team is not used to being in the playoffs either. So only thing I can figure is u really thought Fort had a chance to beat Giles and just very upset it did not happen. Happy Thanksgiving, hope u get lots of turkey and WINE

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT