ADVERTISEMENT

Take the transfers away

Was #18 a transfer? He’s LCA best player.

they also need a coaching staff that knows wtf they’re doing. They got the ball back with 3:15 to go in the game down 8 and wasted over 2 minutes running and huddling. Honestly looks like the coaches white flagged.

Was #18 a transfer? He’s LCA best player.

they also need a coaching staff that knows wtf they’re doing. They got the ball back with 3:15 to go in the game down 8 and wasted over 2 minutes running and huddling. Honestly looks like the coaches white flagged.
I also noticed that. With their talent, they should go no huddle. Having QB go to sideline to get play call, is not very smart. I heard several fans say their play calling could have used some tweaking. Granted, Phoebus had good defense, but LCA should have scored more TDs

Reactions: wikki
I also noticed that. With their talent, they should go no huddle. Having QB go to sideline to get play call, is not very smart. I heard several fans say their play calling could have used some tweaking. Granted, Phoebus had good defense, but LCA should have scored more TDs
LCA should have scored more TDs how? They were too slow. Phoebus was hitting hard and LCA lost confidence. They’re used to overpowering their opponents and that won’t happening yesterday.

I’ll admit their scripted first drive had me nervous. Then the second drive looked promising then they got a hold. Next Phoebus offensive drive when KK ran over the LCA defender the entire tone of the game changed then back on defense Jordan Bass BEAUTIFULLY read the QB and got the pick 6 and Phoebus had LCA’s heart and was in the QB’s head.

Last edited:
Reactions: gwb16 and wikki
18 moved in from WV a few years ago. So while he is not like the transfers from in the area he is like many of the other Liberty Cheating Academy student athletes that magically end up at LCA from other states or countries. They must have heard a calling for a better educational opportunities.

There are high schools around "Central Virginia" that would make a college recruiting coordinator proud, when it comes to recruiting, but they are not named LCA.
I know one case where the "recruitment" was reported to Virginia High School League. The VHSL said "we don't monitor that stuff, let the Principals handle it, or words to that effect.

There are high schools around "Central Virginia" that would make a college recruiting coordinator proud, when it comes to recruiting, but they are not named LCA.
I know one case where the "recruitment" was reported to Virginia High School League. The VHSL said "we don't monitor that stuff, let the Principals handle it, or words to that effect.
Probably because LCA is in now. They don't want to ruffle any feathers.

I agree completely Liberty Cheating Academy is far from the only high school doing this. My biggest issue with them is the arrogance that the staff and student body carry themselves with. Of course this is not all of the people there but a big majority of them.
Yeah the arrogance was obvious in LCA’s coach post game interview where he claimed LCA beat themselves and blamed injuries on the loss.

18 moved in from WV a few years ago. So while he is not like the transfers from in the area he is like many of the other Liberty Cheating Academy student athletes that magically end up at LCA from other states or countries. They must have heard a calling for a better educational opportunities.
Well he did move from WV...can you blame the family? LOL

They don't have as many transfers as people think. Only 4 current players transferred to LCA after attending another high school and 1 of them wasn't a starter for his previous school or LCA.

I agree, they should not be allowed to compete in VHSL but people have exaggerated the whole transfer and recruiting argument.

Last edited:
They don't have as many transfers as people think. Only 4 current players transferred to LCA after attending another high school and 1 of them wasn't a starter for his previous school or LCA.

I agree, they should not be allowed to compete in VHSL but people have exaggerated the whole transfer and recruiting argument.
*6 current players transferred to LCA after attending another high school.

Maybe they can try for 2A next year ha. Whats their enrollment? Cant seem to find it.
How does a private school even report their numbers?
The most recent ADM numbers from March 31, 2020 has their enrollment at 696 students. That's less students than current 2A schools Central-Woodstock, Staunton, King William, Poquoson and Richlands.

It will be interesting to see where the VHSL makes the cutoff for Class 2 and Class 3 on the next cycle. That will determine where they play in the 2023-2025 cycle.

At one point in time I despised private schools, after a rogue "middle man" recruited an athlete from Gretna to a private school. But after being around LCA some, I am amazed at how much more mature and behaved LCA students are, compared to public school students.

Congrats to Phoebus on a hard fought win. The better team prevailed. I feel like that gets lost by many on here myself included in our dislike for LCA

Reactions: fourthand50
You can go ahead and bet the farm that they won't be the last two Brookville kids to wind up at LCA.

I dont mind them playing in the VHSL. However, I cannot understand why the 1.5 multiplier was done away with. That multiplier should be required for any private school who wants to play in the VHSL.

What school did #45 transfer from?
That sucks. Everyone always seems to be worried about kids from Heritage or Glass transferring to LCA but far more players have transferred from JF than HHS or ECG since they have joined VHSL. Jf has been riddled by guys either transferring to LCA or by passing JF altogether and enrolling at LCA from 9th grade.

I told someone the other day that JF would have been competing for championship on Saturday if all of the LCA players that lived in Forest actually played for JF.

Reactions: lyhsports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT