ADVERTISEMENT

Teams getting no respect

Yes, If Louisa wins their game, they will be third. Right now Chancellor is 5 points ahead of them. The games they play favors Louisa by 8 points (one win spotsy for Chancellor and 5 win Cville for Louisa). The rest of the rider points are a split. The only two games in question are Sherando and Mponx. Even if Sherando loses, and Mponx wins, Chancellor will still be a point behind them.

Louisa has to beat us first :)

I said IF :) This is the biggest game for them all year. Win, your path is Powhatan then most likely EV. Lose, you get Monacan. If you win that, Dinwiddie. Do you need more motivation than that...

Reactions: mbonape1
I said IF :) This is the biggest game for them all year. Win, your path is Powhatan then most likely EV. Lose, you get Monacan. If you win that, Dinwiddie. Do you need more motivation than that...

Totally agree here. Louisa has to win tonight... If they don't, having to beat Monacan and Dinwiddie back to back is a very tall order. Also it would be a shame to have Din, Monacan, & Louisa on the same side of the bracket. If they can get the win and not have to face any of those teams until the finals then it gets interesting. But to have to do it twice in a row... In the spirit of the political season, I just don't see a path to 270 if that happens.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
So in a nutshell, the implications are Louisa still won't get respect if they make it to the 3rd round, because they didn't play Monacan and Dinwiddie, and wouldn't stand a chance against either team, especially back to back. Got it.

Totally agree here. Louisa has to win tonight... If they don't, having to beat Monacan and Dinwiddie back to back is a very tall order. Also it would be a shame to have Din, Monacan, & Louisa on the same side of the bracket. If they can get the win and not have to face any of those teams until the finals then it gets interesting. But to have to do it twice in a row... In the spirit of the political season, I just don't see a path to 270 if that happens.
They play tonight?

So in a nutshell, the implications are Louisa still won't get respect if they make it to the 3rd round, because they didn't play Monacan and Dinwiddie, and wouldn't stand a chance against either team, especially back to back. Got it.

Noo not true Hoos...If you win the region you win the region... Major respect no matter how you get there. I just think its harder to do if Mon. Louisa and Din are on the same side of the bracket for all 3 teams. Even if you get to the finals and lose... still major respect! In reality it is going to be tough PERIOD for any of the teams. Our pod is probably the most competitive 1-8. I'll be glad to get a look at EV as well. I have never seen them play at all. Its just a tough rd. Think of the scenario for us... a 9-1 Louisa in the first round. If we win.. a potentially 11-0 Dinwiddie team... O and if you beat them. Congratulations a poetentially undefeated EV team! We already didn't beat Man so we don't control our destiny in terms of seeding. We are going to have the hardest rd possible. Louisa can still move up or down. We are stuck where we are.

Noo not true Hoos...If you win the region you win the region... Major respect no matter how you get there. I just think its harder to do if Mon. Louisa and Din are on the same side of the bracket for all 3 teams. Even if you get to the finals and lose... still major respect! In reality it is going to be tough PERIOD for any of the teams. Our pod is probably the most competitive 1-8. I'll be glad to get a look at EV as well. I have never seen them play at all. Its just a tough rd. Think of the scenario for us... a 9-1 Louisa in the first round. If we win.. a potentially 11-0 Dinwiddie team... O and if you beat them. Congratulations a poetentially undefeated EV team! We already didn't beat Man so we don't control our destiny in terms of seeding. We are going to have the hardest rd possible. Louisa can still move up or down. We are stuck where we are.
Forget the respect part. I said this yesterday. If Louisa is on the Monacan and Dinwiddie side its going to be brutal for all parties. Win two games and still have to cross bracket with Lake Taylor. No disrespect to EV, Lafayette or heritage nn, whoever comes out that foray will be my favorite to win the east period. In my opinion if Louisa ends up on the other side of the bracket their road is not as tough, but no cupcake either.

Whoever, wins the east will be damn good. Hoos, I think your Lions have the attention and respect of the east teams. Who cares what anybody else thinks.

Hoos, if you asked any of the three coaches (fisher, mills, henderson) if they would prefer a different path I would bet they would say heck yeah. Its going to be tough to march forward for all, but isnt that what the playoffs are about. Its not personal its only someones opinion. Just win Friday and things will play out.

Hoos, if you asked any of the three coaches (fisher, mills, henderson) if they would prefer a different path I would bet they would say heck yeah. Its going to be tough to march forward for all, but isnt that what the playoffs are about. Its not personal its only someones opinion. Just win Friday and things will play out.
Just like in our POD all want to avoid as long as possible LT. It's as much about matchups as how good you are.

Just like in our POD all want to avoid as long as possible LT. It's as much about matchups as how good you are.
Correct...all about match-ups. The "best" team can always get beat by the "right" team if they have a key match-up advantage.

I think Lafayette has flown under the radar this year... Which I think is dangerous for the rest of the field.

I think Lafayette has flown under the radar this year... Which I think is dangerous for the rest of the field.
Based on talk here and everywhere else Lafayette is completely under the radar. All talk of the east hardly mentions them except a tidbit or so on the current seeding with LT and Heritage NN. That means no one is taking them too seriously, that's ok.

Lafayette, don't be fooled by the lack of talk. Everybody knows who Lafayette is they just don't know what they have. Unfortunately, their schedule will always be questioned. They always win 9 or ten regular season games, so no one will take them for granted. Under the radar yes, but that is not the fault of the team.

Fischer always just gives the coach's answer and says we'll play whoever we're matched up with.

Last edited:
I live in the world that people tend to not respect teams just because of an early season loss. Same can go for Amherst. I'm sure people are going to doubt them without their qb and think they will not be full strength headed into the playoffs.

I live in the world that people tend to not respect teams just because of an early season loss. Same can go for Amherst. I'm sure people are going to doubt them without their qb and think they will not be full strength headed into the playoffs.
Amherst starting QB will be back in 2 weeks. If Amherst get the first week bye he will be playing in the first playoff game. They will be back to full strength.

Reactions: OCBoy
Amherst starting QB will be back in 2 weeks. If Amherst get the first week bye he will be playing in the first playoff game. They will be back to full strength.
That's great news for the lancers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT