ADVERTISEMENT

Teams getting no respect

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
Who's a team that's not getting any respect? To me one is Lake Taylor. They have established themselves as a team that has proven themselves with their recent success. I think that early lost threw some people off but I think they will end stronger than how they have begun.

How about Woodgrove?Everybody say Salem,WB and Amherst in the West.I never seen a underfeated team go under the radar like Woodgrove,maybe because of what happen last year in playoffs.

Reactions: OCBoy
I think it will come down to Lake Taylor and Dinwiddie in the east but I think everybody does.....I would say Dominion is a dark horse but I think they're very good and very capable.

How about Woodgrove?Everybody say Salem,WB and Amherst in the West.I never seen a underfeated team go under the radar like Woodgrove,maybe because of what happen last year in playoffs.
Agree, but I think a lot has to do with them being a fairly new school. We really don't know much about them except for them being in the playoffs yearly. Better question might be can woodgrove get over that hump and into the championship

Last edited:
Lake Taylor definitely gets little love. Never count those guys out. All due respect I don't see anyone in their pod beating them. They will be there in the first week of December for the right to go to Williamsburg.

What world do some of you live in, this is hilarious. LT gets no respect? I guess because they aren't the first and only answer said by someone it means they've been totally ignored. Hah.

William Byrd...Reason I say this is everyone is all about Amherst or Salem coming out of the west and rightly so as they are two very good teams, but it just doesn't seem anyone likes Byrd because they are one dimensional with Basham. Maybe they are one dimensional, but opposing teams aren't stopping it and they know it's coming so what that tells me is Basham is extremely talented and his OL is executing their blocks freeing up holes and lanes. Byrd's only loss is to Salem 20-17 and in OT if I'm not mistaken. For me, the one team at this point in the season I wouldn't want to face in the playoffs is Byrd. There D isn't too shabby either, giving up 20 or less points in 7 of 9 games so far and holding opposing teams to single digits on 3 occasions including 7 to Magna Vista and 6 to Staunton River who are some pretty good offenses.

What world do some of you live in, this is hilarious. LT gets no respect? I guess because they aren't the first and only answer said by someone it means they've been totally ignored. Hah.
I live in the world that people tend to not respect teams just because of an early season loss. Same can go for Amherst. I'm sure people are going to doubt them without their qb and think they will not be full strength headed into the playoffs.

I think the teams that gets the most respect is because of the posters on this board respresents those teams. Don't see any LT posters on here are few WB. Woodgrove is undefeated but lost to JF last year so maybe that is it.

Reactions: MrSir#5 and OCBoy
Let's keep this thread without it being deleted because fans can't respect others posts please! Don't get carried away just because your team isn't mentioned here.

William Byrd...Reason I say this is everyone is all about Amherst or Salem coming out of the west and rightly so as they are two very good teams, but it just doesn't seem anyone likes Byrd because they are one dimensional with Basham. Maybe they are one dimensional, but opposing teams aren't stopping it and they know it's coming so what that tells me is Basham is extremely talented and his OL is executing their blocks freeing up holes and lanes. Byrd's only loss is to Salem 20-17 and in OT if I'm not mistaken. For me, the one team at this point in the season I wouldn't want to face in the playoffs is Byrd. There D isn't too shabby either, giving up 20 or less points in 7 of 9 games so far and holding opposing teams to single digits on 3 occasions including 7 to Magna Vista and 6 to Staunton River who are some pretty good offenses.
Just a question, who else's name is mentioned on Byrds team other than Basham. I watched them on Saturday and all the announcer kept saying was Basham

Just a question, who else's name is mentioned on Byrds team other than Basham. I watched them on Saturday and all the announcer kept saying was Basham
That's a good question. A team with that record at this point in the season there has to be other players contributing. It would be one thing if they played a week schedule but they dont

I had to chuckle when I read your post because it reminded me of a George Foreman interview.

"George, they say you are telegraphing your punches?" George answered, "yeah, and the message is getting through!"

Well all you have to do to beat WB is stop Basham. Ok, then why haven't they? You think that maybe they haven't been able to has a little something to do with it?

Reactions: Cats and Dogs
That's a good question. A team with that record at this point in the season there has to be other players contributing. It would be one thing if they played a week schedule but they dont
Byrd's OL. we all know that the QB's and RB"s get all the glory but the OL IS where it starts and without blocking there would be no glory.

Byrd's OL. we all know that the QB's and RB"s get all the glory but the OL IS where it starts and without blocking there would be no glory.

No respect?
Let's keep this thread without it being deleted because fans can't respect others posts please! Don't get carried away just because your team isn't mentioned here.
I don't worry if people mention or not Lafayette (usually not)- ranked 1st or honorable mention or not at all. It's all settled on the field and if we succeed or not that is where it counts. All the posters are good for entertainment and to be proud of their team.

Reactions: OCBoy and gwb16
Basham broke a school scoring record. Had 300 + yards and 7 TD's. 12 seniors on the team that all contribute. 7 players getting recruited. 2 talented backs behind Basham? Williams, Taylor, Kasey, Nakle, Watson all can play. The OL can block. D will hit you. Pass defense needs to improve for a run deep in the playoffs.

Who's a team that's not getting any respect? To me one is Lake Taylor. They have established themselves as a team that has proven themselves with their recent success. I think that early lost threw some people off but I think they will end stronger than how they have begun.
Thanks for the shout out, but it's funny because this season is the first time we have ever been ranked the #1 team in the area by the VAPilot our newspaper. We have been the #1 team the last 3 weeks, just hoping we don't do something to mess it up because the paper loves 3 things, Oscar Smith, Bishop Sullivan, and the Beach District. Good thing we don't care about rankings and those things because we would have been disappointed a long time ago. Even we won won our 2 state titles we were ranked #3 in the area behind Oscar Smith and Ocean Lakes. I work for a great HC and it was great to see the paper finally rank us #1 and give him and the program its just due. Been a long time coming.

Thanks for the shout out, but it's funny because this season is the first time we have ever been ranked the #1 team in the area by the VAPilot our newspaper. We have been the #1 team the last 3 weeks, just hoping we don't do something to mess it up because the paper loves 3 things, Oscar Smith, Bishop Sullivan, and the Beach District. Good thing we don't care about rankings and those things because we would have been disappointed a long time ago. Even we won won our 2 state titles we were ranked #3 in the area behind Oscar Smith and Ocean Lakes. I work for a great HC and it was great to see the paper finally rank us #1 and give him and the program its just due. Been a long time coming.

You don't think OL had an argument in 2014? I think LT was the best in the state in 2012, though. But papers and TV stations do what they want, rarely dictated by logic.

This is some low quality trolling.

I think the teams that gets the most respect is because of the posters on this board respresents those teams. Don't see any LT posters on here are few WB. Woodgrove is undefeated but lost to JF last year so maybe that is it.

Disagree wholly. No team has gotten more respect in the merged era of 4A than LT. They dipped the teeniest, tiniest bit last year because of the title game and you still had half the people on here, especially those who hate Salem, saying LT was better and Salem just got lucky.

To insinuate Salem gets more respect because Salem has more posters is faulty logic. Salem's been the best team in the West, on average, for the past 4 or so years so they're of course going to get mentioned more than other teams. Salem isn't that good this year and certainly won't go far without Ramsey.

You don't think OL had an argument in 2014? I think LT was the best in the state in 2012, though. But papers and TV stations do what they want, rarely dictated by logic.
Lakes was definitely good, but we smacked them a couple of times the summer leading up to the 2014 season in passing league. They couldn't guard Nhyre or Wayne, but that's 7 on 7 which is only a portion of the game, it would have been a good game though.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Disagree wholly. No team has gotten more respect in the merged era of 4A than LT. They dipped the teeniest, tiniest bit last year because of the title game and you still had half the people on here, especially those who hate Salem, saying LT was better and Salem just got lucky.

To insinuate Salem gets more respect because Salem has more posters is faulty logic. Salem's been the best team in the West, on average, for the past 4 or so years so they're of course going to get mentioned more than other teams. Salem isn't that good this year and certainly won't go far without Ramsey.

Come on. It is true that most of the posters on here are Salem, Amherst fans etc. so therefore they get the respect and also other people comment on them as well. I was just commenting on my thought and opinion.

That wasn't directed at you in anyway. I can see if how it would seem that way and apologize if it did but wasn't aimed at you at all.

Lakes was definitely good, but we smacked them a couple of times the summer leading up to the 2014 season in passing league. They couldn't guard Nhyre or Wayne, but that's 7 on 7 which is only a portion of the game, it would have been a good game though.

Come on. It is true that most of the posters on here are Salem, Amherst fans etc. so therefore they get the respect and also other people comment on them as well. I was just commenting on my thought and opinion.

Fair enough.

Louisa had so much hype after they beat Sherando, Courtland, and King George, but as soon as they lose to Western no one talks about them anymore (at least the way they used to). I know they lost to a 4-5 Western Albemarle team, but when Millbrook got handled by Woodgrove I feel like there was much less panic and speculation about them. I can see why Amherst, Salem, and WB didn't get much talk with their three loses (Salem to Amherst, Amherst to Brookville without their starting QB, and WB to Salem) because football down there is very strong, but I just feel like Louisa is not taken as a serious playoff threat anymore, even though they have a lot of quality wins (Sherando, Courtland, King George, Powhatan, Albemarle, Orange). I have a feeling if Louisa was playing a schedule that a Roanoke area school would play and lost to Western, they would not get as much hate. Just my humble opinion, but I feel like Louisa (and the whole Jefferson District, for that matter) doesn't get much respect. Granted the JD is historically bad in the playoffs, but still...
@HoosFan05 @GilliamRatings @one man am I right or no?

Salem and Amherst get a lot of playoff respect because they not only typically make them but they win a lot of games, too. Louisa has 5 one-and-done PO runs since 2004 and only 2 seasons where they've won a PO game(the state final run in 2006 and an 11-1 run a few years later). Salem has I believe 3 one-and-done seasons in the past 3 decades, I'm sure Amherst probably has something similar.

It would tend to suggest that Louisa's schedule doesn't necessarily prepare them for the rigors of the POs and people may be more inclined to write them off for it. Winning cures all ills. If Louisa develops a history of winning 1, 2, 3+ games when they make the POs people will start buying into them more.

That certainly has nothing to do with this year in particular(I think Salem will be lucky to win 2 PO games personally) but I also seem to recall the Louisa posters on here being down on them recently so that may have influenced opinions on them from people here.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Louisa had so much hype after they beat Sherando, Courtland, and King George, but as soon as they lose to Western no one talks about them anymore (at least the way they used to). I know they lost to a 4-5 Western Albemarle team, but when Millbrook got handled by Woodgrove I feel like there was much less panic and speculation about them. I can see why Amherst, Salem, and WB didn't get much talk with their three loses (Salem to Amherst, Amherst to Brookville without their starting QB, and WB to Salem) because football down there is very strong, but I just feel like Louisa is not taken as a serious playoff threat anymore, even though they have a lot of quality wins (Sherando, Courtland, King George, Powhatan, Albemarle, Orange). I have a feeling if Louisa was playing a schedule that a Roanoke area school would play and lost to Western, they would not get as much hate. Just my humble opinion, but I feel like Louisa (and the whole Jefferson District, for that matter) doesn't get much respect. Granted the JD is historically bad in the playoffs, but still...

I don't say this with any mean.. but those are nice wins, but ehhh. EV crushed Orange, what 43-0. The Sherando win was a good win but they are a bit down and honestly the film wasn't great film for Louisa. I say this knowing both EV and Louisa have things to prove in the playoffs... I will say this, one of us will be making it to the third round in my opinion..

I agree Wikki, I don't necessarily think its a lack of respect for any team I think its a matter of who post on this site. I also agree with Devils view of the media. Dinwiddie honestly has a "little mans complex" because the Richmond Times and various news station polls refuse to put a 4a team at the top. I am not saying Dinwiddie is better than Bird, Highland Springs, Hermitage or Manchester, but regardless of the play on the field our media tends to downplay the lower level teams.

Congrats on LT getting its just due. Have been a consistent power for years now and I expect them to be right in the middle of things this playoff season. I will not begin to compare the teams, but the winning the East this year is going to be a bear.

I really have no clue about the West, but based on the returning players I have to give credence to tradition. Woodgrove, Amherst and Salem know how to win big games. Nothing new here.

I don't say this with any mean.. but those are nice wins, but ehhh. EV crushed Orange, what 43-0. The Sherando win was a good win but they are a bit down and honestly the film wasn't great film for Louisa. I say this knowing both EV and Louisa have things to prove in the playoffs... I will say this, one of us will be making it to the third round in my opinion..
Culpeper will lose this week...again. So I will be rooting again for EV. My hope is that the staff at EV gets their boys in playoff mode this week. They haven't had a challenge (in their minds) since Chancellor/Sherando. That's a long time. Even if it's just for the first half, I hope they come out hitting on all cylinders. With the o-line they have and the play makers on that team, they have a shot to make some noise this year.

I agree, EV is due for a run, tough hard nosed team. I would like to see them be successful. If they were 100 percent healthy I would have them possibly in the East final

These are strictly my observations and opinions as a fan, they do not reflect the coaching staff's views. Warning: holy wall of text, Batman.

It's correct that Louisa doesn't get much respect on these boards and elsewhere. Even during the 2006 state championship game, posters here were quick to say the Salem/Amherst game two weeks before was the real state championship, which is why Louisa basically has to go out and win a state title to earn real respect. It doesn't help that Louisa barely ever made playoffs before Coach Fischer arrived, so they were basically unknowns. Plenty of talent over the years, but lacked coaching and discipline.

The issue has been inconsistency on both sides the ball in the playoffs. Either the Lion offense plays well and the defense doesn't, or vice versa. The only time both sides consistently played well was during the '06 run. Here are plenty of examples:

2004 was Coach Fischer's second season here, and we met Stone Bridge in the playoffs with a fairly young 8-2 squad. Needless to say, Stone Bridge showed us what playoff football was all about, taking us behind the shed 42-7.

In 2005 (my senior year), Orange with studs Bradley Starks, TJ Minor, and Asa Chapman exposed Louisa's defensive weaknesses during the regular season, and it was uphill from there. Even a terrible William Monroe team scored 40 points (we won 68-40, and no, we didn't rest players) the week before Louisa faced Sherando, who had freshman phenom Ross Metheny at QB. If the 2005 Louisa team with Rontray Houchens had a stout defense, they would've easily won a title, because no one even slowed down the offense, and I went to the Sherando/Powhatan and Salem/Powhatan games that year and thought, "what could've been". But looking back, I remember at the Pulaski jamboree that Liberty-Bedford beat us 27-20 in two quarters of play, so that was some early foreshadowing. That Liberty team went 11-2 (was @one man on that team?). It still sucks that Orange team went 8-2 and missed the playoffs, or they would've earned a ton of respect and recognition.

In 2009, Louisa's defense was poor most of the year but took Liberty-Bealeton to the wire and lost 14-6. Louisa's offense let them down in that one.

In 2010, Louisa's defense was awful against Broad Run and their 5-wide shotgun with Connor Jessop, and major adjustments weren't made until halftime. Louisa played better in the second half, but it was already 32-7 at halftime. The final was 39-21. Coach Fischer left for SC, while stud QB Kire Worley, who had transferred that season from Patrick Henry-Ashland, transferred to Hermitage after that season and had a great year there as a senior.

In 2011, the offense and defense were not that good and very predictable, but it was enough to upset Sherando in the first round of the playoffs. Powhatan was clearly Louisa's achilles heel that year, beating the Lions 35-7 in the regular season, then 35-0 in the playoffs. I firmly believe that if Fischer and Worley had stayed, the 2011 team would've been better than the 11-1 2010 team. There was a very noticeable drop in physicality that season.

In 2014, Fischer's first season back, the defense played fairly well against Woodgrove, well enough to win the game, but the offense let them down, just like against Liberty in 2009.

Last year, the offense was good, defense was turrible and couldn't slow down the good teams' running games. If last year's defense was at least as good as this year's, they would've won at least two games.

And now this year, I was excited about this team after that Albemarle blowout, in which, looking back, I think we peaked that week, but injuries are doing the offensive line in. However, the line did play pretty well against Orange, so if they build off that, and the DBs stop biting so much on the run and blowing pass coverage, good things can still happen for this team, including a deep run. Everyone here knows how I am, I always try to be optimistic on here and keep most thoughts in the real world, but I can be realistic on here (although it usually seems to get brushed aside or forgotten when I am). I'm glad we're in the East now, for three reasons: the shorter travel distances, getting to see and play new teams, and the East is always perceived to be better than the West. So maybe if we win a couple of games, it'll help earn some more respect. One thing certain people have hounded the Lions about in recent years is the lack of wins against teams with winning records. This year, they have plenty. Are they tested enough? Will it show in the playoffs? Can they get healthy? Stay tuned for one more week. But Lord knows I'm itching for a Louisa/Amherst rematch for the 10-year anniversary.

Hopefully someone appreciates the rant.

Last edited:
Nice rant. The thing I noticed when Louisa came in and beat the Indians is that overall they seem more disciplined than in the past. Not a lot of really high highs with over celebrating and also no heads looking down when something went wrong. I think it is key over the course of a long season to stay even keel even if you think you are better than your opponent. Alot of talent there and if they play well the Lions will be a tough out in the playoffs. Losing to WA may have been the key to a deep run as adversity and injuries sometimes provides a rallying cry for the teams leaders not to mention those who step up and do things no one imagined they could. Side not Powhatan ran the table at the JV level and will play WA for the championship on Sunday. Had to give my son some props on his inaugural campaign as the head coach.

That's if they are healthy and play like they did against Chancellor and Sherando earlier in the season....I don't think EV wants to see Chancellor again!

That's if they are healthy and play like they did against Chancellor and Sherando earlier in the season....I don't think EV wants to see Chancellor again!
I don't think they would worry about Chancellor any more than any other good team. Chancellor has no answer for EV's offense (unless two 5-yd screens are dumped in their lap again for pick-sixes).

These are strictly my observations and opinions as a fan, they do not reflect the coaching staff's views. Warning: holy wall of text, Batman.

It's correct that Louisa doesn't get much respect on these boards and elsewhere. Even during the 2006 state championship game, posters here were quick to say the Salem/Amherst game two weeks before was the real state championship, which is why Louisa basically has to go out and win a state title to earn real respect. It doesn't help that Louisa barely ever made playoffs before Coach Fischer arrived, so they were basically unknowns. Plenty of talent over the years, but lacked coaching and discipline.

The issue has been inconsistency on both sides the ball in the playoffs. Either the Lion offense plays well and the defense doesn't, or vice versa. The only time both sides consistently played well was during the '06 run. Here are plenty of examples:

2004 was Coach Fischer's second season here, and we met Stone Bridge in the playoffs with a fairly young 8-2 squad. Needless to say, Stone Bridge showed us what playoff football was all about, taking us behind the shed 42-7.

In 2005 (my senior year), Orange with studs Bradley Starks, TJ Minor, and Asa Chapman exposed Louisa's defensive weaknesses during the regular season, and it was uphill from there. Even a terrible William Monroe team scored 40 points (we won 68-40, and no, we didn't rest players) the week before Louisa faced Sherando, who had freshman phenom Ross Metheny at QB. If the 2005 Louisa team with Rontray Houchens had a stout defense, they would've easily won a title, because no one even slowed down the offense, and I went to the Sherando/Powhatan and Salem/Powhatan games that year and thought, "what could've been". But looking back, I remember at the Pulaski jamboree that Liberty-Bedford beat us 27-20 in two quarters of play, so that was some early foreshadowing. That Liberty team went 11-2 (was @one man on that team?). It still sucks that Orange team went 8-2 and missed the playoffs, or they would've earned a ton of respect and recognition.

In 2009, Louisa's defense was poor most of the year but took Liberty-Bealeton to the wire and lost 14-6. Louisa's offense let them down in that one.

In 2010, Louisa's defense was awful against Broad Run and their 5-wide shotgun with Connor Jessop, and major adjustments weren't made until halftime. Louisa played better in the second half, but it was already 32-7 at halftime. The final was 39-21. Coach Fischer left for SC, while stud QB Kire Worley, who had transferred that season from Patrick Henry-Ashland, transferred to Hermitage after that season and had a great year there as a senior.

In 2011, the offense and defense were not that good and very predictable, but it was enough to upset Sherando in the first round of the playoffs. Powhatan was clearly Louisa's achilles heel that year, beating the Lions 35-7 in the regular season, then 35-0 in the playoffs. I firmly believe that if Fischer and Worley had stayed, the 2011 team would've been better than the 11-1 2010 team. There was a very noticeable drop in physicality that season.

In 2014, Fischer's first season back, the defense played fairly well against Woodgrove, well enough to win the game, but the offense let them down, just like against Liberty in 2009.

Last year, the offense was good, defense was turrible and couldn't slow down the good teams' running games. If last year's defense was at least as good as this year's, they would've won at least two games.

And now this year, I was excited about this team after that Albemarle blowout, in which, looking back, I think we peaked that week, but injuries are doing the offensive line in. However, the line did play pretty well against Orange, so if they build off that, and the DBs stop biting so much on the run and blowing pass coverage, good things can still happen for this team, including a deep run. Everyone here knows how I am, I always try to be optimistic on here and keep most thoughts in the real world, but I can be realistic on here (although it usually seems to get brushed aside or forgotten when I am). I'm glad we're in the East now, for three reasons: the shorter travel distances, getting to see and play new teams, and the East is always perceived to be better than the West. So maybe if we win a couple of games, it'll help earn some more respect. One thing certain people have hounded the Lions about in recent years is the lack of wins against teams with winning records. This year, they have plenty. Are they tested enough? Will it show in the playoffs? Can they get healthy? Stay tuned for one more week. But Lord knows I'm itching for a Louisa/Amherst rematch for the 10-year anniversary.

Hopefully someone appreciates the rant.

That would be nice to see them two play again. You know that game still holds the record for the most attendance for a state game at LU. It was over 14,000

The reason I say one will make it to the third round is because they are most likely playing each other in the second round. That's the way this will fall barring any upsets and Louisa taking care of business against the ville. Now of course they both have to win their first round games too. But Vegas says Round 2 match up at EV. I think Chandler is a very good team especially when clicking, but they will have a tough road. I think they will have Monacan then Dinwiddie... if they get past Monacan. Everyone just take care of their business this Friday.. and let the fun begin!!

Reactions: mbonape1 and OCBoy
I agree Wikki, I don't necessarily think its a lack of respect for any team I think its a matter of who post on this site. I also agree with Devils view of the media. Dinwiddie honestly has a "little mans complex" because the Richmond Times and various news station polls refuse to put a 4a team at the top. I am not saying Dinwiddie is better than Bird, Highland Springs, Hermitage or Manchester, but regardless of the play on the field our media tends to downplay the lower level teams.

Congrats on LT getting its just due. Have been a consistent power for years now and I expect them to be right in the middle of things this playoff season. I will not begin to compare the teams, but the winning the East this year is going to be a bear.

I really have no clue about the West, but based on the returning players I have to give credence to tradition. Woodgrove, Amherst and Salem know how to win big games. Nothing new here.

DP.... Isn't Dinwiddie the #1 team in the TimesDispatch Poll??
http://www.richmond.com/sports/high-school/article_117f456c-a053-11e6-87c9-2702453055fa.html
You have been number 1 for a while right? What do you mean no respect in Richmond? I know what you mean... Just picking!

Monacan is the team that has gotten no respect outside of Dinwiddie posters. Every time I post something it is how they haven't done this and done that... "I hear this & I heard that" "Your schedule".... NO TEAM IN 4A has played any team who is better than LC BIRD or Manchester. If you disagree please name them.

Who ever end ups in the bracket that doesn't have to play Monacan or Dinwiddie until round 3 should be able to make it the finals much much easier. There are a number of teams that need to prove something in my opinion... And the good news is... that is what the playoffs are for.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
DP.... Isn't Dinwiddie the #1 team in the TimesDispatch Poll??
http://www.richmond.com/sports/high-school/article_117f456c-a053-11e6-87c9-2702453055fa.html
You have been number 1 for a while right? What do you mean no respect in Richmond? I know what you mean... Just picking!
Huh? You are after the wrong poster. That's Navy's post. I'll let him explain.

But, he is correct. And it's not just Dinwiddie getting the cold shoulder. The RTD, and in fact, the three primary Richmond TV stations have very reluctantly, and begrudgingly, provided much coverage of all localities outside of the metro Richmond area. Mind you, when your sports team his not winning, you can't expect much better. But, when any of these outlier teams are having a great season, you still see virtually no interest. It has nothing to do with a lack of respect. It has a lot more to do with narrow minded reporters and editors. Suits us fine here in Dinwiddie. We care a lot more about showing respect and acting with class than being reported on.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
The reason I say one will make it to the third round is because they are most likely playing each other in the second round. That's the way this will fall barring any upsets and Louisa taking care of business against the ville. Now of course they both have to win their first round games too. But Vegas says Round 2 match up at EV. I think Chandler is a very good team especially when clicking, but they will have a tough road. I think they will have Monacan then Dinwiddie... if they get past Monacan. Everyone just take care of their business this Friday.. and let the fun begin!!
So you think Louisa will be 3 Chancellor 4?

Pulaski jamboree that Liberty-Bedford beat us 27-20 in two quarters of play, so that was some early foreshadowing. That Liberty team went 11-2 (was @one man on that team?) But Lord knows I'm itching for a Louisa/Amherst rematch for the 10-year anniversary.

.[/QUOTE]

I graduated the year before. My cousins, a Junior and Senior, still claim that was the best Liberty team in history. Their 11 wins are school record but we'll argue to the death.

Your 06 team was legit with Church, Houchens and Wells. Was a great high school game though, crowd was right with Salem-Amherst the same year as best crowds I've been apart of.

I would love to see Louisa-Amherst this year. Offenses are very similar, would love to see how the coaches scheme to defend each other.

So you think Louisa will be 3 Chancellor 4?

Yes, If Louisa wins their game, they will be third. Right now Chancellor is 5 points ahead of them. The games they play favors Louisa by 8 points (one win spotsy for Chancellor and 5 win Cville for Louisa). The rest of the rider points are a split. The only two games in question are Sherando and Mponx. Even if Sherando loses, and Mponx wins, Chancellor will still be a point behind them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT