ADVERTISEMENT

Teams you want no part of in the first round..

Only concerned on how much Salem improves going into the playoffs. Not concerned with who they play. If they don't fix the mistakes they have been making it won't matter who they play, and if they do fix those mistakes, it won't matter who they play.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Only concerned on how much Salem improves going into the playoffs. Not concerned with who they play. If they don't fix the mistakes they have been making it won't matter who they play, and if they do fix those mistakes, it won't matter who they play.
That’s the case with every team at this point in the year. As a Bburg fan, I’d rather not see Salem or Amherst again.

Nice double meaning there... just to be clear are you saying that if Salem is finally clicking on all cylinders come playoff time... it won’t matter who they play?? Bold, but I can respect it for sure!

Nice double meaning there... just to be clear are you saying that if Salem is finally clicking on all cylinders come playoff time... it won’t matter who they play?? Bold, but I can respect it for sure!
If Salem starts playing defense like they did the last two years, and if they stop the turnovers and penalties on offense, they can play with any 4 a team in the state. Problem is thats a lot of iffin. But to answer the original question Salem's not scared to play anyone. They will win some and lose some, but they ain't scared.

If Salem starts playing defense like they did the last two years, and if they stop the turnovers and penalties on offense, they can play with any 4 a team in the state. Problem is thats a lot of iffin. But to answer the original question Salem's not scared to play anyone. They will win some and lose some, but they ain't scared.

Not mad at that! Find that Salem team from the Dinwiddie and the statewide picture gets very murky

One's things for us is for sure, we would LOVE to see Glass again :cool::cool::cool:
I think we would want to obviously avoid Amherst and Blacksburg, and Salem if they fix their mistakes
GW is very similar to us in terms of offensive efficency, that would be a GAME right there
Jefferson Forest same deal
I have a feeling we'd do fine with Pulaski

Reactions: mbonape1
One's things for us is for sure, we would LOVE to see Glass again :cool::cool::cool:
I think we would want to obviously avoid Amherst and Blacksburg, and Salem if they fix their mistakes
GW is very similar to us in terms of offensive efficency, that would be a GAME right there
GW is not similar too you sorry!!

Glass would love to see Charlottesville again. Completely different team than in week 1.

GW is not similar too you sorry!!

First off, I said in terms of offensive efficiency. We're averaging 42.3 ppg where you guys stand at 55 ppg. That is a big difference granted. The teams of note you have beaten are Jefferson Forest (won by 1), Magna Vista and maybe LCA. We beat Harrisonburg (an eventual 7-3 team) and Orange is decent. It's safe to say our strength of schedules are both relatively weak, but that will change in our favor because we play 8-0 Louisa then 7-1 Monticello. So I can't really make a real assessment until after we play those teams. Playoffs will do the talking!

First off, I said in terms of offensive efficiency. We're averaging 42.3 ppg where you guys stand at 55 ppg. That is a big difference granted. The teams of note you have beaten are Jefferson Forest (won by 1), Magna Vista and maybe LCA. We beat Harrisonburg (an eventual 7-3 team) and Orange is decent. It's safe to say our strength of schedules are both relatively weak, but that will change in our favor because we play 8-0 Louisa then 7-1 Monticello. So I can't really make a real assessment until after we play those teams. Playoffs will do the talking!
Hope we do play you guys first round GL trying to get those 42.3 pts in Danville!!!

Knights I love your enthusiasm and passion about sports and your pride you have for your school. You and I are a lot alike in a lot of ways. One slight difference is I’m not a stats person like you (guess I’m a good fit as a Salem coach :eek:). Analytics have become very important to some, however, I’m not a believer. I believe that anyone can “go off” on any given night.. He may have scored 2 baskets all year, but he could still drop 25 on you if you don’t do your job and don’t stick to the game plan (I’m a basketball guy so I make basketball references). Same thing with football and any other sports. Not saying that stats are not important, just that I don’t pay too much attention to em. That’s how letdowns happen. To close my statement, I will say that being excited about beating Monticello is like GW being excited about beating 6-3 Halifax. I get it’s a rivalry game, but Monticello stinks if you want my honest opinion. Hey, my team plays in one of the worst districts in the state but at least I can admit it! Lewis and I were talking (well ranting) last night about how we wish we were in the Seminole or one of the Roanoke districts. Charlottesville will ultimately be judged off of their performance of Louisa Friday. Win, I think you guys are scary to anyone in D.

Le
Lol keep doing you’re thing bro! Ain’t nothing wrong at all with stats! I’m just trying to prove my crazy theory :D You keep up the good work!
ave the young man alone DSH. Analytics are cool just ask the Dodgers? lol. Took the pitcher out, because of the numbers, lost a 3-1 lead and the game. I like to use a combination of analytics, gut instinct and trends. Mboape1 and I have discussed trends before. They can be a good measure of performance. Will explain later. Keep doing your thing BKPride.

Hey sports head!!!! If akers is the real deal me and you are THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT......BJTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID.....ROCKY AND MICK.....TONTO AND THE LONE RANGER.....ROC KY AND BULLWINKLE.....:eek::confused:o_O:D

Why do you say that went out the window?
Because people were saying that Amherst was the team that no body wanted in the plays offs, after that game with Heritage, that thought went out the window. They need to play better ball like they are capable of. I know they have the talent and can do it but why are they not giving it. I have an idea but will not go any further with it. I will start with frustrations

Reactions: VolNation85
I would agree Wikki. Team is inconsistent and uneven, very little to do with physical talent. I believe they could be a matchup problem in the playoffs but they may see Glass back to back weeks. There is a lot of familiarity in this region, so it may take a few crafty coaching decisions to be the difference.

Reactions: VolNation85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT