ADVERTISEMENT

The Battlefield for 15 September

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
Week four is here already. The Battlefield is producing some very interesting results. Some make me smile and others have me scratching my head. Just a strange way for a season to begin. Once we get into district play things will sort themselves out quickly. Let’s see how this week is shaping up.

Caroline @ Thomas Jefferson (Ric)

Caroline is coming off a good win against Powhatan. I know this is a confidence builder for the Cavs and it should be. There is no lack of talent in Caroline! They just have to get it out of the hallways and on the fields. This week they face TJ Ric and that may be a little tougher nut to crack. But you know me, I am a Battlefield die hard! I see the Cavs getting win two of the year! Caroline with the W.

Chancellor vs Liberty Bealton

Chancellor is coming off a very, very rough start to their season. They are 0-3 after facing three tough opponents. Liberty is no slouch either. Never have been. The Chargers have done some impressive work each week, both good and bad, and they have learned to adapt and make things happen. This week, it all comes together. The Chargers start to right the ship and get their first W of the year!

Courtland Bye Week

The Cougars are taking a break this week and preparing for their District opener against powerhouse Eastern View.

Eastern View @ Brentsville

Folks, I don’t mean this in a bad way but the Cyclones are on a roll. This one won’t go any different. Eastern View with the W.

King George @ Stafford

The Foxes are another team in the Battlefield starting off really slow. I have complete confidence in the KG coaching staff. They’ll get the ship upright and pointed in the right direction. This week they face Stafford and the Indians are on their own roll. It’ll be a slug fest for sure but when the smoke clears, Stafford gets the W.

James Monroe vs Petersburg

This has been a very uncharacteristic year for the Jackets. But don’t worry, they know how to TCB! It’s just taking them a little longer this year to put it together. Petersburg has plans to keep the Jackets winless but their efforts will not be rewarded! JM will come out of the shell this week and get the W.

Spotsylvania @ Orange

So, how long has it been since Spotsy has been 2-0? Doesn’t matter. This is a new year and a new beginning for the Knights. Orange plans on upsetting the apple cart though and they are plenty tough enough to do it. I believe in a gut feeling though and I see Spotsy making a statement. Through my eyes, the Knights will be 3-0! Spotsy with the W.

Good luck to the players and the coaching staffs this week! Fans … this is week 4 of an 11 week regular season. Don’t waste another week! Get out there and support your team!!!!

Reactions: hamspear
Great job as usual ChancellorFan. The teams from the Battlefield have played some good teams and had a few unexpected losses. I am just not sure how good the district is overall. Staring district play is a double edge sword. Will a few teams step up and take charge or will parity cause teams to beat up on one another resulting in low seeds or omissions from the in the playoffs. Your opinion please ChancellorFan.

Great job as usual ChancellorFan. The teams from the Battlefield have played some good teams and had a few unexpected losses. I am just not sure how good the district is overall. Staring district play is a double edge sword. Will a few teams step up and take charge or will parity cause teams to beat up on one another resulting in low seeds or omissions from the in the playoffs. Your opinion please ChancellorFan.

Without a doubt, Eastern View will run the house. I think a couple teams will step up. I base that thought on the tough schedules they have had thus far and how I think they are doing at the moment. I hate to put a finger on which "couple" teams they will be but that should be evident in the next week. I will say that I look for Chancellor to step up. JM .... well you know Serbay and his Jackets will be in the mix fighting for a top tier spot and Courtland certainly will fight for it too. District play starts next week. Chancellor has JM and Courtland has Eastern View. There should be some clarity after that.

I agree with ChancellorFan. Looking at the Battkefield when it comes to playoff time with the exception of EV may be a down year. But with the quality coaching in the Battkefirld it won't take long for the Battlefield of old returns.

James Monroe and Courtland may find a way to get into the playoffs, it may be quick exits this year however. Serbay and Hall are great coaches and will find a way to improve their programs this year and in future year I'm sure. Hatfield has EV rolling this past few years and that looks like it will continue for some time. Caroline seems improved and have heard nothing but positive things about Yates, hopefully the Cavaliers can have some success. Jeff Smith and King George are struggling with that beefed up schedule this year, no more Northern Neck teams. We will find out if this helps or hurts KG this year and in the future. Then we have two new coaches at Spotsy and Chancellor in Jack and Glessner. Spotsy off to their 2-0 start, glad the Knights have started off well, we'll see how it goes from there. Glessner and Chancellor have had a difficult schedule like KG and some injuries as well, we will see how they respond the rest of the year and build on those first 3 games.

1. EV 2. JM 3. Courtland 4. Caroline 5. Spotsy 6. KG 7. Chancellor

Good luck this week!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT