ADVERTISEMENT

The latest 4D power ratings from Southwest Times

greyfox60

VaPreps Varsity
Jul 30, 2001
The latest batch of VHSL Regoion 4D football power points are out!
1. Blacksburg 7-0 27.71
2. Jefferson Forest 6-0 26.66
3. EC Glass 5-1 26.16
4. Pulaski County 6-1 24.71
5. GW Danville 5-1 24.00
6. LCA 3-2 22.60
7. Salem 4-3 22.57
8. William Byrd 5-1 22.50
--------------------------------------
9. Carroll County 2-4 18.50
10. Bassett 1-5 16.66
11. Amherst County 0-6 14.83
12. Charlottesville 0-7 14.14

The top eight teams make it into the playoffs.

Byrd has another game with Fleming, Staunton River, Lord Botetourt and Northside left.
Salem has Cave spring, Hidden Valley and Pulaski County left.
LCA has Heritage, Amherst County, Glass and Brookville left.
Danville has Magna Vista, Franklin County, Bassett and Halifax left
Pulaski county has Blacksburg, Patrick Henry and Salem left
Glass has Jefferson Forest, Liberty,LCA and Amherst County left
Jefferson Forest has Glass, Brookville, Rustburg and Heritage
Blacksburg has Pulaski County, Hidden Valley and Christiansburg.

My general feeling is these eight will be the playoffs in region D but each team has opportunities to move up or down but there will be movement.
Byrd has two opportunities with 3a Botetourt and Northside. Their only loss was to 2a Richlands, a team that Blacksburg beat 49-17. The Terriers are usually tough down the stretch.
Salem has the final game against Pulaski. Salem has been riddled with injuries, turnovers and youth. They have really not beat a top notch team but have been competitive, losing by 8,7 and 3 to three teams who are rated no.1 . Those are Northhside, Dinwiddie and Blacksburg. Salem lost by 8 to Northside and made a comeback to make it close while Pulaski lost a nail biter to Northside where I think missed kicks cost them. Hopefully full house at Salem stadium like in the past for this one.
LCA has 4 tough games.
Danville will be favorites in all their remaining games but one of these could bite them.
Pulaski has three tough games with no. 1 Blacksburg,division 5 Patrick Henry and Salem. they could get a lot of points or move down.
Big game for Glass with Jefferson forest
Jefferson Forest really has 4 tough games. If they win them all could they move to no. 1

Byrd has another game with Fleming, Staunton River, Lord Botetourt and Northside left.
Salem has Cave spring, Hidden Valley and Pulaski County left.
LCA has Heritage, Amherst County, Glass and Brookville left.
Danville has Magna Vista, Franklin County, Bassett and Halifax left
Pulaski county has Blacksburg, Patrick Henry and Salem left
Glass has Jefferson Forest, Liberty,LCA and Amherst County left
Jefferson Forest has Glass, Brookville, Rustburg and Heritage
Blacksburg has Pulaski County, Hidden Valley and Christiansburg.

My general feeling is these eight will be the playoffs in region D but each team has opportunities to move up or down but there will be movement.
Byrd has two opportunities with 3a Botetourt and Northside. Their only loss was to 2a Richlands, a team that Blacksburg beat 49-17. The Terriers are usually tough down the stretch.
Salem has the final game against Pulaski. Salem has been riddled with injuries, turnovers and youth. They have really not beat a top notch team but have been competitive, losing by 8,7 and 3 to three teams who are rated no.1 . Those are Northhside, Dinwiddie and Blacksburg. Salem lost by 8 to Northside and made a comeback to make it close while Pulaski lost a nail biter to Northside where I think missed kicks cost them. Hopefully full house at Salem stadium like in the past for this one.
LCA has 4 tough games.
Danville will be favorites in all their remaining games but one of these could bite them.
Pulaski has three tough games with no. 1 Blacksburg,division 5 Patrick Henry and Salem. they could get a lot of points or move down.
Big game for Glass with Jefferson forest
Jefferson Forest really has 4 tough games. If they win them all could they move to no. 1

Do you mind sharing where you think they will finish 1-8 since you outlined their remaining schedules? Figured your guess would be as good as any and certainly better than mine.

Anything I would come up with would be a guess. The only prediction I would have is that there will be a lot of movement because most of these teams have big games against other teams in the same district and region.

Reactions: mbonape1
I'm gonna take a guess at the final standings.

1. Blacksburg
2. Jefferson Forest
3. G.W. Danville
4. E.C. Glass
5. Salem
6. Pulaski County
7. William Byrd
8. LCA

I agree with these eight. The change in order most likely will be the bottom four. I feel the top four is a lock if chalk holds to form. Think of those first round matchups with Salem at Lynchburg City Stadium and Pulaski at GW. Lower seeds could make those games nail biters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT