ADVERTISEMENT

The School out 64 East

I kept looking at the score during my Lafayette/Tabb game and was simply amazed. ODU kept scoring and eating up chunks of yards. Over 600 yards by 0-3 ODU and not the starting QB. The most embarrassing loss by VT, ever!!. I was just hoping it wasn’t a sign of things to come in my game. Nope. Tabb total yards, minus 9.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I live in 757. ODU gained a lot, VT came up snake eyes.

I think it may help ODU overall but not compared to VT. Even if we actually look at it as ODU being better than VT and not just s case of playing bad and over looking them, a kid is still 9/10 going to choose to go the Power 5 route because of the opportunity it presents for their future. The same way UMBC isnt going to effect UVA.

Sure this loss is bad, really bad and certainly should knock them out of Top 25 and national championship picture, but they can still win the ACC. Unlikely, yes. But this loss doesn't effect that at all.

What I hope happens is that every team in VA can keep all the in state talent IN STATE. Whether that is at VT, UVA, ODU, JMU, etc. Let's start by getting the young man from Louisa out of Penn State, he either needs to stay home, or go to THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY

Hopefully, CUSA & ODU will continue to get a Media/TV bump. It'll take more games on TV to get the better recruits from our area.

Heck, simply getting an old fashioned 1/2 hour Weekly, Coaches Show on TV would help. He's such a positive, upbeat personality that once kids and their parents see him more, the more they'll be comfortable with ODU as an option for college.

I lost total interest in ODU when they became a member of the FBS...they should've stayed in the CAA w/natural rivalries against W&M, JMU and UR. They were much more competitive and, honestly, I could care less about watching them play the likes of Charlotte, Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky...really?!?!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT