4. Clarke County
5. Strasburg
6. James Wood
7. Skyline
8. Central
9. Warren County
10. Stonewall Jackson

Survey compiled by Northern Virginia Daily and Winchester Star

I don't know much about the teams outside of C4, but I'll be interested to see if Handley is for real this year. I'm sure Warren County isn't great but Handley only squeaked out a win over them last year and it was 48-0 last weekend.

I've seen Sherando play and Millbrook scrimmage. Both teams have their vulnerabilities this year, and I see four winnable games on Handley's schedule leading up to when they first play Millbrook. Wouldn't be surprised to see them 5-0 at that point if they've improved over the off season.

I personally think James Wood is better than Handley, but I guess we will see.

Ok. I really meant they are about the same. James wood moved the ball on a good Sherando team. Handley had a very easy first opponent. Next few weeks brings more lightweight opponents.

The strength of LC’s defense is their linebackers. Four REALLY good players led by Joseph Groves and Noah Lokey. They also have maybe the best kicker in the state (Jimmy Kibble).

The strength of LC’s defense is their linebackers. Four REALLY good players led by Joseph Groves and Noah Lokey. They also have maybe the best kicker in the state (Jimmy Kibble).
saw the Sherando kicker kick a kickoff through the uprights cleared by at least 4 yards after a 15 yard penalty the play before after a touchdown. It was about 59 yards . Number 4 or 5 kicker in the country from what I understand .

Reactions: SFUWO
Ok. I really meant they are about the same. James wood moved the ball on a good Sherando team. Handley had a very easy first opponent. Next few weeks brings more lightweight opponents.
I was at that game , Sherando made some really bad penalty’s that gave JW some field position , but I didn’t really see where JW “moved the ball “ themselves.. They had 55 yards rushing on 20 plus carries. Sherando will need to clean up penalties to be a better team. But JW didn’t have anything on Sherando last week. I expect Handley and Millbrook will be better challenge for Sherando later in the season. By that time Sherando will already been humbled by Martinsburg .

Kibble went down to the Alabama camp and came out the number one ranked kicker there. His dad also kicked at VT. I haven’t seen the Sherando kid so I don’t know. When you play Millbrook either team having a weapon to eliminate Jordan Jackson in the return game is a blessing.

Kibble went down to the Alabama camp and came out the number one ranked kicker there. His dad also kicked at VT. I haven’t seen the Sherando kid so I don’t know. When you play Millbrook either team having a weapon to eliminate Jordan Jackson in the return game is a blessing.
If Loudoun County has any substance of a defense , which Millbrook doesn’t as was seen in week one . Then I expect LC to take care of business .
I don’t know the LC kicker , but the Sherando guy I saw on last Friday is legit. I will try and catch a LC game here in the future if I am in the area . Sounds like he is the real deal also.

So Millbrook struggled with Jefferson out of North East WV last week. Sherando plays Jefferson this Friday , Do you guys (or gals) think Sherando will have the same problems this week Millbrook had?

So Millbrook struggled with Jefferson out of North East WV last week. Sherando plays Jefferson this Friday , Do you guys (or gals) think Sherando will have the same problems this week Millbrook had?

The last time Jefferson scored more than two touchdowns against Sherando was in 2010 in a game that Sherando won 59-20 (and Jefferson's last one or two TDs came in garbage time). If the Cougars score 42 points on Sherando, they're the most improved team I've seen in years.

Check out the 2a board. Just saw the video, and not saying 1 is better than the other, but the Richlands kicker made a 59 yard FG last week

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT