ADVERTISEMENT

This week in the Seminole #5

Aug 12, 2016
Seminole/Dogwood
Three games remain on the regular season. The cool fall air has arrived, and the postseason is right around the corner.

LCA (3-4, 2-2) at Amherst (4-3, 3-1)

The Lancers will conclude their home game schedule this Friday. Back to back trips to City Stadium will be ahead to end the regular season. Coach Phillips and Coach Rocco know every play counts as they both try to keep their playoff dream alive. LCA has yet to win a road game, and have two out of three games remaining on the road. The Bulldogs currently have the second highest points against total of the Seminole teams. They will have to figure out a way to limit Frank Ross and company on senior night to try to come away with a win in this one. The Lancers will try to limit an offense that is averaging 31 points per game and is known to score quickly.

JF (4-3, 3-1) at Brookville (5-2, 2-2)

The Bees will look to take advantage of the defense that has allowed the most points against in the district. JF is allowing 38 points per game, but their offense counters by leading the district in scoring at 41 points per game. This is the old fashioned style rivalry game you look forward to this time of year. JF cannot afford a loss if they want to see the postseason, but Stinger Stadium is one of the toughest places to play and Brookville has some tremendous offensive weapons.

Liberty (2-5, 0-4) at EC Glass (6-1, 3-1)

The Minutemen are looking for their first road win of the season and are looking to end their 5 game losing skid. The Hilltoppers are poised to defend the home field and add to their two game winning streak. Glass is second in the district in points against allowing only 21 points per game. The offense has been on full display the last two weeks as they have scored 55 and 57 in back to back games.

Heritage (6-1, 3-1) at Rustburg (2-5, 0-4)

Unfortunately, the Red Devils have posted the lowest scoring offense this season and have only scored one offensive touchdown in the last three games. They have their homecoming this week, but welcome in the best defense in the district. The Pioneers are allowing only 11 points per contest, and have allowed over 20 points only once this season. Elijah Davis and company are focused on keeping their number one seed in the region and staying at home for as many playoff games as possible.

I agree but I think the possible upset is JF. Brookville will not overlook them but JF has some quick strike offense and Bees struggle with similar offense in Amherst. Big lines, multi head running attack and a few passes with homerun impact.

Reactions: Hero_of_AntiHeros
I agree but I think the possible upset is JF. Brookville will not overlook them but JF has some quick strike offense and Bees struggle with similar offense in Amherst. Big lines, multi head running attack and a few passes with homerun impact.
I'm pulling for the Bees

Brookville does NOT have the athletes that Glass has, but they have more athletes than JF. Forest will score points, lots of points and will pound Bville who seems to be banged up. Hackworth is a big loss for the Cavs but the nature of that offense will still be tough to defend.

Schematically will JF be able to hold off the big play? Will Bville be physical enough to slow down the Cavs? Great game coming

I think Bees are physical but lack depth. JF is plug and play. They can replace skill players and have dealt with injuries earlier. If Bees score quick, will the D handle the grind of JF’s line play? On the flip side is JF able to play with so guys that play both ways more than Bees?

Reactions: Hero_of_AntiHeros
Lol Wikki - JF’s most powerful new rival
The only reason is because it helps Amherst if JF loses but doesnt if JF wins for the playoffs. That's all. This time of year you have to pull for the ones that will help your team. Just got off the phone with a friend from Glass and he wanted to know when they played us and he didn't realize it was the last game. He sit with me last year on the Amherst said but of course cheered for his team. I told him if we were very disciplined and they played great defense it would be an excellent game. We also talked about topics on here so I ended it

Reactions: jfcav1
The only reason is because it helps Amherst if JF loses but doesnt if JF wins for the playoffs. That's all. This time of year you have to pull for the ones that will help your team. Just got off the phone with a friend from Glass and he wanted to know when they played us and he didn't realize it was the last game. He sit with me last year on the Amherst said but of course cheered for his team. I told him if we were very disciplined and they played great defense it would be an excellent game. We also talked about topics on here so I ended it
I know what you mean about the playoffs but you are right and so am I. We beat Brookville and lost to JF. If JF wins they would be ahead of us but if they lose we might out point them. And don't take it personally because I pick Brookville. As far as the other topic I will not even go there. After this year I am done with this message board

Reactions: jfcav1
No not true at all just making a pick as all

Can’t wait to hear about what kind of treachery and witchcraft LCA has engaged in tonight vs Amherst

LCA vs Amherst.... wow what a game. LCA lined up for a 50yd field goal with 4 seconds left and came up short and lost 56-55. Hard fought game on both sides. LCA is very good on offense, definitely have weapons but mistakes kill them in the end. Had a fumble that gave Amherst the ball on their 25 which lead to a touchdown and then threw an interception in the end zone which could have been a touchdown. But even with those mistakes scoring 55 points in a game should win you a football game.
But the defense was awful! Couldn't stop Amherst. All the stops they did get Amherst shot themselves in the foot somehow. They blew a coverage that lead to a touchdown but they have give up 40+ points in 5 out of 8 games this year with 2 games left against team that can put up points
But congrats to Amherst and better luck next year LCA

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
LCA vs Amherst.... wow what a game. LCA lined up for a 50yd field goal with 4 seconds left and came up short and lost 56-55. Hard fought game on both sides. LCA is very good on offense, definitely have weapons but mistakes kill them in the end. Had a fumble that gave Amherst the ball on their 25 which lead to a touchdown and then threw an interception in the end zone which could have been a touchdown. But even with those mistakes scoring 55 points in a game should win you a football game.
But the defense was awful! Couldn't stop Amherst. All the stops they did get Amherst shot themselves in the foot somehow. They blew a coverage that lead to a touchdown but they have give up 40+ points in 5 out of 8 games this year with 2 games left against team that can put up points
But congrats to Amherst and better luck next year LCA
LCA is good. Amherst could not defend the pass at all. It was an awesome game, my heart was in my stomach by the end of the game. Amherst needs improvements on defense. A very high scoring game. Amherst never gave up though

I think JF lost their QB and looked out of sync. Brookville was buzzing in the beehive tonight and it was one of those night where JF could not do anything to stop Brookville on the ground on in the air. Big rivalry game at Brookville. The scores 42 unanswered I think and left JF dazed and confused.

I think JF lost their QB and looked out of sync. Brookville was buzzing in the beehive tonight and it was one of those night where JF could not do anything to stop Brookville on the ground on in the air. Big rivalry game at Brookville. The scores 42 unanswered I think and left JF dazed and confused.
Thanks sounds Iike a good one but also like to know what jfcav1 thinks since he wanted to know what witchcraft as he put it in the Amherst game. The moment he posted that the game turned around so a big thank you jfcav1, WE WON! Down by 18 from that point. Go Lancers

Thanks sounds Iike a good one but also like to know what jfcav1 thinks since he wanted to know what witchcraft as he put it in the Amherst game. The moment he posted that the game turned around so a big thank you jfcav1, WE WON! Down by 18 from that point. Go Lancers

JF was rolling quite nicely until the starting QB went out with yet another season ending injury. Brookville could not stop them. I believe this is JF's 7th major injury of the season, including 2 QB's...

JF's defense is pathetic. Sorry, no other word for it. JF gave this one away.

Sorry to hear about the JF QB. When I heard the score I knew something must have happened. I feel bad for all the injuries Cavs. Bville caught a major break with this one

Brookville our played JF plain and simple. Yes they had the back q.b but the kid is a much better runner. The key to the game is Brookville forced jf to line up and run another play didn’t allow jf to break long td runs for the first time all year

Reactions: iskolinbckers
Brookville our played JF plain and simple. Yes they had the back q.b but the kid is a much better runner. The key to the game is Brookville forced jf to line up and run another play didn’t allow jf to break long td runs for the first time all year

Good for the BEEs Defense. Didn’t mean to take anything away from BEEs D, my apologies if it sounded that way.. anytime a backup qb in is it changes things. Not many teams around who are the same after a starting qb goes down. Congrats on Bville win- heal up well Cavs

Reactions: iskolinbckers

Brookville D was getting stomped on until the QB went out. True, no real long runs but a constant 6-10 yards every carry with the occasional 15-20.

JF's backup QB can run but doesn't pass and has limited knowledge of the playbook.

I believe the Bees defense accomplished what they wanted to do which
was to not give up the big play and make them earn it. And for the Bees
offense usually if you give Bernard that much time to throw it won't end well
you.

Reactions: lyhsports
JF was rolling quite nicely until the starting QB went out with yet another season ending injury. Brookville could not stop them. I believe this is JF's 7th major injury of the season, including 2 QB's...

JF's defense is pathetic. Sorry, no other word for it. JF gave this one away.
Sorry about JF's QB, I hate it for any kids injury

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT