ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts and prayers for our friend.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Many of you know that our buddy Springer76 is taking care of his aging mother. Mama Pearl is in her 90's and reqires near constant care these days. For any of you that has had to be a primary caregiver for an elderly friend or family member, you understand the sacrifice that has to be made. It's a labor of love, but a labor none the less. Please keep Springer76 in your thoughts and prayers as he handles the trials and tribulations that are part of dealing with an elderly loved one that is slowly subcoming to the heartbreak of dementia.

I'm sure he will appreciate your comments and encouragement, and letting him know that he is not alone during these troubling times.

Stay tough my friend. Remember, focus on each day as it comes, and make it the best day it can be for your mother. I love you brother.

Many of you know that our buddy Springer76 is taking care of his aging mother. Mama Pearl is in her 90's and reqires near constant care these days. For any of you that has had to be a primary caregiver for an elderly friend or family member, you understand the sacrifice that has to be made. It's a labor of love, but a labor none the less. Please keep Springer76 in your thoughts and prayers as he handles the trials and tribulations that are part of dealing with an elderly loved one that is slowly subcoming to the heartbreak of dementia.

I'm sure he will appreciate your comments and encouragement, and letting him know that he is not alone during these troubling times.

Stay tough my friend. Remember, focus on each day as it comes, and make it the best day it can be for your mother. I love you brother.

Prayers going up. <3

Thank you my friend. Your kind words and prayers mean so much to me! She's doing better after her 3 weeks of hospital and therapy care. Lots of changes in my life...

As you know from my own experience, it is tough to see your parents suffering. Heavy heart with our friend Springer76 but he has the right attitude that will get him through this.

Thank you guys for your thoughts and prayers. Mom took a nasty fall in early February, broke 3 ribs and a gash on the back of her head. She was in ICU at VCU Medical Center for 10 days and spent 2 weeks in physical therapy. She is home now and is improving.
Alzheimer's Disease is a terrible thing. Seeing and being part of a bright and vibrant parent dwindle physically and mentally is heart wrenching. Being her caretaker is a difficult job, and it has changed me and my awareness 10 fold. Some days are good yet, some days seem to scramble my brain and I feel like a lost sole. It is what it is and I must push forward and get past it...
My mother is 94 years old and vitally in good health. Her mental capacity goes from one extreme to another seeming like the flip of a switch has occurred. It's frustrating, exhausting, frightening and very saddening. In a way, being able to watch great games and my beloved Springers play on Youtube Live, has been a blessing. As it is, I wouldn't be able to go to the games unless I hire a sitter to come in with Mom while I'm gone.
Thanks again guys! Just knowing that there are people supporting and keeping me and her in their prayers, means the World to me! <3

Thank you guys for your thoughts and prayers. Mom took a nasty fall in early February, broke 3 ribs and a gash on the back of her head. She was in ICU at VCU Medical Center for 10 days and spent 2 weeks in physical therapy. She is home now and is improving.
Alzheimer's Disease is a terrible thing. Seeing and being part of a bright and vibrant parent dwindle physically and mentally is heart wrenching. Being her caretaker is a difficult job, and it has changed me and my awareness 10 fold. Some days are good yet, some days seem to scramble my brain and I feel like a lost sole. It is what it is and I must push forward and get past it...
My mother is 94 years old and vitally in good health. Her mental capacity goes from one extreme to another seeming like the flip of a switch has occurred. It's frustrating, exhausting, frightening and very saddening. In a way, being able to watch great games and my beloved Springers play on Youtube Live, has been a blessing. As it is, I wouldn't be able to go to the games unless I hire a sitter to come in with Mom while I'm gone.
Thanks again guys! Just knowing that there are people supporting and keeping me and her in their prayers, means the World to me! <3

Definitely have my love and prayers. My grandmother also has Alzheimer's Disease and she is going through the same thing as your mother. Last week she was wondering in the middle of the road and almost got hit by a car. Physically she's fine, but it's her mentality. Recent things she doesn't recall, but long term memory she knows a few more things. Still praying and sending good vibes your way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT