ADVERTISEMENT

Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc

radcats

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2009
2018 VHSL Football is about to get going and kickoff cannot come soon enough.
Who is the favorite this year in 2A in your unbiased opinion?

Of course Appo, Glenvar, Graham, Union, Goochland, and Poqouson are all mentioned as set up to make deep runs again.
I will go out on a limb and say that Central Woodstock will be in the game in Salem. They return the bulk of their starters and played a hot Lee team that took them out last year. Mind you the Lee team that played Appo closer than most expected. I wouldn’t count Clarke out but they might be down a smidge from their standard of the last several years. Just my two cents

I just checked out Central's roster, and I was shocked that all their playmakers are still there. They are going to be real tough to beat.

Reactions: obguthr
Of course Appo, Glenvar, Graham, Union, Goochland, and Poqouson are all mentioned as set up to make deep runs again.
I will go out on a limb and say that Central Woodstock will be in the game in Salem. They return the bulk of their starters and played a hot Lee team that took them out last year. Mind you the Lee team that played Appo closer than most expected. I wouldn’t count Clarke out but they might be down a smidge from their standard of the llaast several years. Just my two cents
I read Clark lost O and D lines to graduation. Central made em wave the white flag last year. I wouldn't expect much from em.

East Rock has twenty one seniors. They could make some noise.

I don’t follow Clarke extremely close but they generally have rebounded well when graduation has hit them with big numbers.
East Rock is scary on O but I will say as I stated in another thread, the D is not or has not been lock down good. Guess you really just have to score more than the other guy but deep playoff teams limit how effective the opposition is in their Offense.

Clarke will be lucky to be above .500 this season. I’m not a CC hater either. They lost a LOT and didn’t have much coming up. Central Woodstock should be in Salem. If not, I’d look hard at the head coach!

Reactions: Pioneer101
Central should make a run this season. If they don't, the next few years don't look as promising. Appomattox should be a legit contender once again, along with some of the others mentioned.

Reactions: obguthr
Clarke only has 2 players listed above 200 lbs. Our line size is definitely down, but I'm hoping their hearts are all in.
I think second place will be a good battle in the BRD. Clarke has good skill players; Madison’s line is really big, young, and strong. Not sure what Mason has; Strasburg is usually solid.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT