ADVERTISEMENT

Tidewater District Basketball

Not a chance, Middlesex has the best player in the league and depending upon the health of Elijah at Mathews who also has a strong freshman to go with him - I would put both of them at the top and ahead of WP. Carver will be strong as well if they return who they are supposed to return. KW has some good guards. It should be a competitive league among the top 5 teams but neither team would probably be in the top 5 of the NND.

MDSX
MTHW
KW
WP
CARVER
KQ
CHARLES CITY

I think the district will be very competitive within itself this year. In order the district finished last year.

- Mathews should be considered the team to beat until proven otherwise. Curtiss is back to coach and should be able to get the guys to rally around him for a solid season.
- West Point returns all of their major players from last year and will be a hard team to play against as they are disciplined and have a great home court advantage.
- Middlesex- as dringtuoti puts it the best player in the district in Marshall and will compete for POY in the region.
- Carver- Strong team last year that was young. Never know what they will return and could pull out a state championship this year or not win a game.
- KQ- This is my sleeper in the district. I believe they return all of their players and had 3 very talented young men who if pulled together could win the district. Both Hill boys will make it very hard for defenses this year.
- Charles City- Coach Otey going from the girls team to boys will bring stability to the program that they have lacked for the last 3 years. They are always athletic and have a competitive spirit that can surprise even the best teams at times.
- I've omitted King William as they have more students in their school than just about all the other schools have students combined (sarcasm but you get the point) They graduated their shooter in Leach and their big Center who had like 6 blocks a game in the district. Clearly could win the district as they have so many players to choose from.

The NND will most likely be the strongest district in the region but I wouldn't go as far to say that they will have 5 teams in the region playoffs over the other districts which has a very talented Sussex, Franklin, and state hopeful Surry as well as a team or three that will come out of the Tri-Rivers and Tidewater.

Middle of the pack Rappahannock team beat Mathews by 15 (should been a bigger gap if not for missed foul shots) and had a running clock on K&Q in the 2nd half. They got WP Friday night so let's see how that goes. Plus, CB which finished near the bottom of the NND last year beat Middlesex.

W&L boys beat 2A KW by almost 40 this week. W&L may not even be in the top two or three teams in the NND (they might though...).

Northumberland defeated a good Fredericksburg Christian School this past week 65-60.

Lancaster seems to be the top team as usual.

I have seen most of Tidewater teams play & most of the NNK teams play. NNK teams have more talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT