ADVERTISEMENT

To all you boys suiting up for the last time friday

60 minute man

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Aug 13, 2008
This old high school football junkie wants to thank you for another great season of football. To the hand full of you I actually know, to the hundreds of you I had the pleasure and honor of watching this year, I appreciate your hard work, dedication, and of course the blood, sweat, and tears. You guys probably don't realize it now, but you will look back at your high school football days as some of the best times of your life. Good luck to your future journeys, and once again, thank you.

This old high school football junkie wants to thank you for another great season of football. To the hand full of you I actually know, to the hundreds of you I had the pleasure and honor of watching this year, I appreciate your hard work, dedication, and of course the blood, sweat, and tears. You guys probably don't realize it now, but you will look back at your high school football days as some of the best times of your life. Good luck to your future journeys, and once again, thank you.
AMEN and AMEN

Rough night this Friday night. I walk my son across the track for senior night. Has played since he was five years old. That's 13 years of football. Starting practice every August, playing season into November, training every off season, going to oodles of football camps during off seasons, and even coaching his team's for five years. I praise all the young men walking on the field for the last time this Friday. Wish them the best of luck in life and remember to take the values and brotherhood lessons you learned from this game I love and applying them to the rest of your life.

One of my all time favorite movie lines:

"Youth is wasted on the young"

Few 17-18 year old kids appreciate football at the time. It takes a few years before you truly realize how special it is. But by then it is too late. Every grown man I know would give his arm to just practice one more time.

Rough night this Friday night. I walk my son across the track for senior night. Has played since he was five years old. That's 13 years of football. Starting practice every August, playing season into November, training every off season, going to oodles of football camps during off seasons, and even coaching his team's for five years. I praise all the young men walking on the field for the last time this Friday. Wish them the best of luck in life and remember to take the values and brotherhood lessons you learned from this game I love and applying them to the rest of your life.
Been there and done that with my own son. In a very real way, we turn our sons over to the coaches to teach them things we cannot teach them and to teach them things they could never learn in the classroom from their teachers. So to the coaches I say thank your great sacrifice; to the parents I say thank you for allowing your boys to learn how to become real men; to the boys I say reflect on what you have learned even though things didn't always go your way. Those are the INTRINSICREWARDS and skills that you have earned one inch at a time and which you can call upon to help you through all kinds of life challenges. They are worth more than gold.

Reactions: bulldog1150
I cannot fully explain how much envy I have in my heart for every one of those kids that get to go out there and do it every Friday night. Playing football will forever be the best years of my life, and the number of lessons learned are uncountable. Football is a beautiful game that builds character, friendships, and men. Sadly, it is something that for everyone at some point will come to an end. To any players out there playing their last game tomorrow night, the ball is in your court to make the most of these life lessons that you've learned through this wonderful game. You may not fully realize it now, but you are part of a one of a kind fraternity of people who understand the amazing affects this game can have on someone. Apply those lessons into everything you do, whether it is school, a job, or family. Be the best you can be and continue to compete in everything that you can. God Speed in your future endeavors, and welcome to the old man's club!

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
I always love these post throughout the years on VA Preps. Its real talk!!! As a player and a fan, its hurts to know you or your son is playing their last game. ENJOY IT!!!! LOVE IT!!! PLAY IT LIKE ITS YA LAST!!!! YOU ARE BLESSED TO BE EVEN PUT ON THEM PADS!!!!

Enjoy it and let the tears fall bro! @oldfool posted a vid of my son speaking in an interview in 2015 and I balled like a baby. That year was one of the best years of my life and fortunate to live it with some awesome parents that I will have lifelong memories with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT