ADVERTISEMENT

Too early top 5

@Senex you are so right about Prince George. They always have talent, but play well below their ability. It's more than coaching. It's parents and administrators who can't keep their nose out of the program. Sad, but true. I know Hermitage has talent, but have no idea about their coaching staff. I have to trust @BoKnowsSports opinion and he surely agrees with you. Just when you thought they were getting back on track, boom the Panthers take a step back.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Freeman or Matoaca

If Hermitage or Prince George could assemble a competent staff they would easily dominate the new 5C.
I do believe Matoaca will surprise some folks this year. I believe it will come down to them, Douglas Freeman, Hermitage, LC Bird and a sleeper to make some noise but not win the region would be James River.

I do believe Matoaca will surprise some folks this year. I believe it will come down to them, Douglas Freeman, Hermitage, LC Bird and a sleeper to make some noise but not win the region would be James River.
Herm will be a 4-6 team at best. They still have Andre Clarke who is one of the best sophomores in the state, Uriah Harris who could challenge the young man at Bird and Jefferson Meade (Freeman) for Region Defensive Player of Year, and Jayden Shuler who is hell on the O and D lines. All 3 have D1 offers but not a lot else around them. Herm lost a huge chunk of their coaching staff the past 2 years to Glen Allen and Godwin. They’ll get Oscar Smith and the Springers and I’d be very surprised if Herm scored in either game. I think they’ll beat Tucker, Godwin (will be a toss up), and Deep Run for sure. If you look at the guys they had last year in Coney (3rd string RB at VT), D’ahmon Artis (VMI), Bubba Burton (Bluefield), Breon Gunnell (Bluefield State), Corey Morton (Bluefield) and big Nate James (UVA Wise), that 6-5 record looks really really bad . All of those guys either started or got significant time on that 6-1 Bedwell team and the 10-3 Region runner up team. All of that talent is gone and they’ve lost a couple of kids who started last year. Not looking good on Hungary Springs.

1. Maury
2.SB
3. Green Run
4. Warrick
5. Whoever decides to step up in 5C

But season will end with Maury SB part 3

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT